Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 02:13 PM

1,030 posts, read 841,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is true that my psychological profession did contribute to my extrapolation from what the Bible DOES say under the guidance of the Holy Spirit (Comforter), Finn. I know that Sola Scritura folk frown on using any knowledge more advanced than the 1st century to interpret the Bible. We can just agree to disagree, brother. Peace.
Yes your psychological condition is evident I see you are now using a Roman phrase to put down those you cannot prove wrong.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:16 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Yes . . . it is called education and for Sola Scriptura folk it means using the dreaded "wisdom of man" along with what is "written in our hearts." The other reason is a lack of bias and open sincerity. We take NO "precepts and doctrines of men" with us when we query our heart. We don't want to tell ourselves what we SHOULD find there according to dogma.
Who is "we"? Everyone who agrees with your view?

Old 04-29-2014, 02:18 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Yes,

Catholics
Orthodox
Lutherans
Methodists
Baptists
Independents
Mormon's
Jehovah's Witnesses
Oneness Pentecostals
etc

ALL claim the leading of God's spirit so .... the claim is not enough or we would not have so many divergent beliefs.
This is true, and just a cheap way of trying to convince others what you say is the truth. I have said this before and i will say this again, the Light of the glorious gospel went to a flicker, it began to slowly shine again through Luther's revelation, but the Lutherans organized around his revelation and said this is all there is, and throughout the ages this as happened as the Light of the glorious gospel began shining bright again. Now what you see when you read this forum from fundamentalists especially is that they have all the truth and you cannot show them anything more(again proof you are in an organized religion), because history proves the light went dim, then began to dawn again, we have far greater understanding of the scriptures and ways of God today because the Light is shining brighter, there is more to come. One thing is guaranteed that is whatever is coming will be rejected vehemently by the bible believing fundamentalists, but fundamentalists in the future will believe what their counterparts are rejecting today.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
This is true, and just a cheap way of trying to convince others what you say is the truth.
Was that all MysticPhd was trying to do?

I removed the tirade (90% of your post)

Old 04-29-2014, 02:21 PM

63,826 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
It is true that my psychological profession did contribute to my extrapolation from what the Bible DOES say under the guidance of the Holy Spirit (Comforter), Finn. I know that Sola Scriptura folk frown on using any knowledge more advanced than the 1st century to interpret the Bible. We can just agree to disagree, brother. Peace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightly Divided View Post
Yes your psychological condition is evident I see you are now using a Roman phrase to put down those you cannot prove wrong.
Still trying to barbeque those pigs, I see! It is not a Roman phrase . . . it is quite characteristic of the Protestant Reform. There are several Sola's.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:23 PM

1,030 posts, read 841,153 times
Quote:
This is true, and just a cheap way of trying to convince others what you say is the truth. I have said this before and i will say this again, the Light of the glorious gospel went to a flicker, it began to slowly shine again through Luther's revelation, but the Lutherans organized around his revelation and said this is all there is, and throughout the ages this as happened as the Light of the glorious gospel began shining bright again. Now what you see when you read this forum from fundamentalists especially is that they have all the truth and you cannot show them anything more(again proof you are in an organized religion), because history proves the light went dim, then began to dawn again, we have far greater understanding of the scriptures and ways of God today because the Light is shining brighter, there is more to come. One thing is guaranteed that is whatever is coming will be rejected vehemently by the bible believing fundamentalists, but fundamentalists in the future will believe what their counterparts are rejecting today.
From one who acts as if they have all the truth and cannot be taught anything this is a strange accusation you make.

You obviously have very low esteem and have to constantly attack others to make yourself feel like you have some worth. So sad.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightly Divided View Post
From one who acts as if they have all the truth and cannot be taught anything this is a strange accusation you make.

You obviously have very low esteem and have to constantly attack others to make yourself feel like you have some worth. So sad.
You think that because you know i am grounded in what i believe for myself.
But........ I won't to go record to say that i haven't and that i believe we are only scratching the surface of what is hidden within the scriptures.

Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 04-29-2014 at 04:52 PM.. Reason: Your "invitation" holds too much potential to start a flame war.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Was that all MysticPhd was trying to do?

I removed the tirade (90% of your post)
What part did you disagree with ?. That all fundamentalists believe they know all there is to know about truth? Or that we haven't scratched the surface in regard to truth. The light of the truth of Universal Reconciliation went to a flicker, but now is burning bright, but UR is not the whole Light of the glorious gospel, a d the reason i have never said that i am a universalist.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:53 PM

Quote:
What part did you disagree with?
The question I asked from you is here:

Was MysticPhD only taking a cheap way of trying to convince others what you say is the truth?

Old 04-29-2014, 02:53 PM

63,826 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Yes . . . it is called education and for Sola Scriptura folk it means using the dreaded "wisdom of man" along with what is "written in our hearts." The other reason is a lack of bias and open sincerity. We take NO "precepts and doctrines of men" with us when we query our heart. We don't want to tell ourselves what we SHOULD find there according to dogma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Who is "we"? Everyone who agrees with your view?
Yes. I negates the purpose of the New Covenant to bring the "precepts and doctrines of men" into any questioning of the heart under the guidance of the Comforter. The words "written in ink" and the "letter killteh" . . . but the Spirit "giveth life."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity