Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 03:00 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The question I asked from you is here:

Was MysticPhD only taking a cheap way of trying to convince others what you say is the truth?
Not at all. Why would you say this ?.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:02 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Not at all. Why would you say this ?.
Because he mentioned the Holy Spirit, and you said people mention it only to take a cheap way of trying to convince others what you say is the truth.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Because he mentioned the Holy Spirit, and you said people mention it only to take a cheap way of trying to convince others what you say is the truth.
Not what i say but what you fundies say. Speaking for myself, to make the claim that i am all right in regards to the bible because i am guided by the holy spirit is not what i am about. Like the good fundamentalist i formerly was, i did believe this until i saw the error of my way, and had all what i thought was true pulled from underneath my feet(understanding) and as i was showing the Christ the Truth of my temple, i was surprised to hear from him that after he was done with it there would not be one literal stone of truth upon another literal stone of truth that shall not be thrown down.

Pcamps, never answering the questions put to him and never telling those who ask what they want to hear

Old 04-29-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Yes. I negates the purpose of the New Covenant to bring the "precepts and doctrines of men" into any questioning of the heart under the guidance of the Comforter. The words "written in ink" and the "letter killteh" . . . but the Spirit "giveth life."
No bias, eh? LOL You're saying everyone who agrees with you is better educated, have advanced knowledge, have no bias, are guided by the Spirit, are sincere etc, and everyone who does not agree is uneducated, biased, spiritless, insincere etc.....

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-29-2014 at 03:33 PM..

Old 04-29-2014, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Not what i say but what you fundies say.
No, you said it.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:33 PM

Quote:
No, you said it.
Finn Jarber you have to give me some slack for my poor English and grammar( which along with my poor understanding of the bible is apparent for all to see). I should have said "they" instead of you. In other words you lot say you are guiding by the holy spirit when reading the bible to justify that you are the ones with the truth. Hope that cleaned things up for you.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:50 PM

Quote:
No bias, eh? LOL You're saying everyone who agrees with you is better educated, have advanced knowledge, have no bias, are guided by the Spirit, are sincere etc, and everyone who does not agree is uneducated, biased, spiritless, insincere etc.....
I agree with Mystic, for the likes of Mystic have enquired beyond the teachings and doctrines of men and their interpretations of scriptures with an open heart, that we do not know all the truth or own the corner on it, and have a willingness for the holy spirit to point out our error in thinking in respect to God and the nature and character of God, which of cause if you know and believe the bible is the inerrant infallible word of God there is no need for that, for you know all truth already, right ?.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Finn Jarber you have to give me some slack for my poor English and grammar( which along with my poor understanding of the bible is apparent for all to see). I should have said "they" instead of you. In other words you lot say you are guiding by the holy spirit when reading the bible to justify that you are the ones with the truth. Hope that cleaned things up for you.
There was no "you" or "they", because the whole point of the conversation was to say people from all denominations say they are guided by the spirit.

You said to mention the spirit is "just a cheap way of trying to convince others what you say is the truth", which slams Christians from all denominations. Apparently you did not notice your friend Mystic, a fellow universalist, had just finished saying he was guided by the spirit, so I asked you if your insult included him too. I'll ask again: Is he just taking cheap shots to convince people?

The bias here is unbearable. It reminds me of partisan politics where one side is always 100% right and the other is always 100% wrong. I'm out of here.

Jude 1:16 These are grumblers, malcontents, following their own sinful desires; they are loud-mouthed boasters, showing favoritism to gain advantage

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-29-2014 at 04:25 PM..

Old 04-29-2014, 04:19 PM

1,030 posts, read 840,181 times
Finn_Jarber, I don't know you but someone has called you my "my sidekick". I hope that does not harm your reputation too much.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightly Divided View Post
Finn_Jarber, I don't know you but someone has called you my "my sidekick". I hope that does not harm your reputation too much.
I do not come here to worry about what some internet character calls me. That poster has called be a lot of things, even a "devil worshipper".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity