Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 04:44 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Instead of going through this line by line, here is a link and convert each one back to Hebrew (It'll be in English letters). Then take the Hebrew and google it and you will see what have in Bold is not the true translation.

Orthodox Jewish Bible
BibleGateway.com: Search for a Bible passage in 64 languages and 169 versions.
all my scriptures are from the Greek, but I'll give it a try.

New International Version (NIV)
21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus,[a] because he will save his people from their sins.”
Footnotes:
1. Matthew 1:21Jesus is the Greek form of Joshua, which means the Lord saves.
WELL JOSHUA IS IN THE OLD TESTAMENT HEBREW. Oh well. ......

Matthew 1:21
New King James Version (NKJV)
21 And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”

Matthew 1:21
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
21 She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for [a]He will save His people from their sins.”
Footnotes:
a.Matthew 1:21 Lit He Himself

Hmmmm........ the name Jesus stay the same.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 05:07 PM

No letter, "J" in the Hebrew language?.

Some counter claim on Jesus name by saying there is no J in the Hebrew. Neither... Letters like the “j, e & the “v. they weren't invented until the 17th century. good, lets clear up this, letter "J", stumbling block up.
who is the new name God is talking about it, lets start here. Revelation 3:12 " Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name". and , Revelation 19:12 "His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself". that day of not knowing is over. that's the reason for the book of revelation. from the stand point of the time of this Revelation,when is was written, yes, no man knew God's new name but him. why?. because he is the Alpha and the Omega. he knows the end. so by knowing that the the English language will be the dominant language to come. only he knew that the name Jesus will only be known in the last days. just as other kingdom arose and with them, their language dominated, so who knew the mind of God back then. answer, "no man", that's right, NO MAN KNEW, but he himself. and it cannot be the name in use at the time of John writing, BECAUSE THERE WAS NO LETTER "J" IN HIS LANGUAGE AT THAT TIME. so God who is the future, knows the end time name, which is now, we're in the last days, (how many days left?, (NO MAN KNOWS). how do we know that we’re in the last days, because the Bible God's word say so. Hebrews 1:1 "God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds".

Now lets see Jesus NAME revealed in the new testament. Matthew 1:21 "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins". is this God name,?. Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us". the name, JESUS, he shall save. what did Isaiah, by the LORD GOD say 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you". in Hebrew the name Jesus is, Yeshua, meaning, EHEYEH asher EHEYEH, or I AM THAT I AM, that saves. also in revelation he is the which is, and which was, and which is to come. lets break this name down, “I AM”, (Spirit), which “IS” Rev 1:4. “THAT”, (Flesh), “which was”, “WAS” as in John 1:1. Rev 1:4, which “was”. “I AM” (Spirit Glorified in Flesh), Rev 1:4 which “IS”..

Lets see this name clearly. in Hebrew, it is "YESHUA". the strong's # is (H3442),
and it is written Yod-Shin-Vav-Ayin, it is a masculine noun that means "He is salvation" or "He saves.
for only God SAVES. scripture, Isaiah 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour". NO agent, or anyone else.

In the Greek, it's G2424 Ἰησοῦς Iesous (ee-ay-sous`) n/p.
1. Jesus (i.e. Jehoshua), the name of our Lord and two (three) other Israelites
[of Hebrew origin (H3091)]
KJV: Jesus
Root(s): H3091

Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I".

John 8:21 "Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come. 22 Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come. 23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins".

Isaiah 43:15 "I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King".

AMEN.

Old 05-22-2014, 05:31 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,991,261 times
Quote:
On the new name, we were not told the name, but we can immediately eliminate the name Jesus or Yesus or any original meaning of the name Jesus as it had to be new. Will Christians recognize the name? Are they now not focused on Jesus? Does that not sound familiar? The Jews knew Moses as the Law giver, but when Jesus appeared they called him a fake and eventually killed him. They claimed that his parents were not priests in the temple and that Elijah had not descended. Is it not the situation now? Most of us will even crucify Christ a second time because we do not have the Holy Spirit.

There is nothing mysterious or hidden about God's Name; only by men I might add. Th fact of the matter is this. We have only one Saviour and His Name is Yahweh.

Jer. 23:
5 Behold, the days come, saith YHVH, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, YHVH, OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Christ's Hebrew Name is Yeshua which is the Hebrew word 'salvation.'

God's Name YHVH is repeated by Paul in Philip.2: 9-11
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: (YHVH)
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Also Paul was paraphrasing Isaiah 45: 21-24, when he wrote the above.
“And there is no other God besides Me, a righteous God and a Saviuor; there is none except Me. Turn to Me, and be saved, all the ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other. I have sworn by Myself, the Word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness and will not turn back, that to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance, they will say of Me, ‘Only in Yahweh are righteousness and strength.’ Men will come to Him and all who were angry with Him shall be put to shame.”
There is no angel called YHVH or Yeshua.

Also In John 8: 58 Christ states, “Before Abraham was born, I AM.”

YHVH came in Person to redeem, deliver, and save His people, and He is our righteousness.

Joel 2: 32 “Everyone who calls on the Name of YHVH will be delivered (saved).”
Acts 2: 21, is quoting Joel 2: 32, .Rom.10: 13, is Paul quoting Joel’s and Peter’s messages.

In Acts 4: 12, Peter went even further and stated, “And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”

And Acts 4: 12, is Peter going even further and says, "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”

Last edited by mshipmate; 05-22-2014 at 05:56 PM..

Old 05-22-2014, 05:35 PM

Yahweh is a man made name as well as Jehovah

Old 05-22-2014, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Yahweh is a man made name as well as Jehovah
The Name Yah is a short form of God's Name and is used 4 times in Rev. 19, in the Greek as Alleluia, and in the Hebrew as 'hallelu Yah which means praise Yah.

Old 05-22-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
The Name Yah is a short form of God's Name and is used 4 times in Rev. 19, in the Greek as Alleluia, and in the Hebrew as 'hallelu Yah which means praise Yah.
sorry, Yah, or Jah are shortened form of the longer version of the man made up names. still man made. sorry.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:31 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
In HEBREW which is the original language, it's spelled YY. Trying to pronounce using vowels of the original manuscript called the Tanakh (correct version of the OT) is Yuy. Since to name of g-d is meant to be seen and not uttered then Adonia or Heshem was uttered in its place.

Same link as above look it up.

Revelation 19:1-9 AKJV - And after these things I heard a great - Bible Gateway

Compare any version you want against Orthodox Jewish. For g-d to have a name it needs to be in universal in ONE language. From Hebrew, no matter the language a person uses it's stated in the original language. The Muslims know it and do the same thing. If two Abrahamic religions know that, why does the third NOT know that?

Old 05-22-2014, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
In HEBREW which is the original language, it's spelled YY. Trying to pronounce using vowels of the original manuscript called the Tanakh (correct version of the OT) is Yuy. Since to name of g-d is meant to be seen and not uttered then Adonia or Heshem was uttered in its place.

Same link as above look it up.

Revelation 19:1-9 AKJV - And after these things I heard a great - Bible Gateway

Compare any version you want against Orthodox Jewish. For g-d to have a name it needs to be in universal in ONE language. From Hebrew, no matter the language a person uses it's stated in the original language. The Muslims know it and do the same thing. If two Abrahamic religions know that, why does the third NOT know that?
I have no idea what you're saying.

The Hebrew Name for God - YHVH

Halakhah concerning writing the Hebrew Names of God

Judaism 101: The Name of G-d

Nothing in the Torah prohibits a person from pronouncing the Name of God. Indeed, it is evident from scripture that God's Name was pronounced routinely. Many common Hebrew names contain "Yah" or "Yahu," part of God's four-letter Name. The Name was pronounced as part of daily services in the Temple.

The Mishnah confirms that there was no prohibition against pronouncing The Name in ancient times. In fact, the Mishnah recommends using God's Name as a routine greeting to a fellow Jew. Berakhot 9:5. However, by the time of the Talmud, it was the custom to use substitute Names for God. Some rabbis asserted that a person who pronounces YHVH according to its letters (instead of using a substitute) has no place in the World to Come, and should be put to death. Instead of pronouncing the four-letter Name, we usually substitute the Name "Adonai," or simply say "Ha-Shem" (lit. The Name).

Last edited by mshipmate; 05-22-2014 at 09:18 PM..

Old 05-22-2014, 08:28 PM

I ask, "why keep on playing, the name game with the tetragramaton, which is only a title, and not the personal name, but a title. when the bible give us his personal name front, and center, NO GUESSING?". God with us in flesh, is, "Jesus". it's right there in his word. one don't have to go and find it. it is given unto you. look, God is a Spirit, (abstract). when God manifested, (concrete), in flesh, then we could see, touch, and hear God, FACE TO FACE. just as John declared in 1 John 1:1. before, God as Spirit could not be seen, touch, or handle. but now in the flesh he is identified by the personal name, JESUS, God saves. no agent, no second person of the trinity. no, God, JESUS, saves. and now that we can see him, talk to him, and touch him, or interact with him. do we say unto him, Good morning God. or come over to join us God. one would say Good morning, Lord Yeshua, why not God?, BECAUSE HE'S IN THE FLESH, that's why, he have a personal name. today we would say, Good morning Lord Jesus, because it's PERSONAL. God is no longer abstract to us. scripture, John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth". the share manifested in flesh, is he who is "EVERLASTING". Micah 5:2 "But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting. from everlasting?, have no beginnings, nor ending. can one comprehend what God did by coming in flesh. since most are stumped on Isa 35:4 this is one of the classic diversity scripture in the OT. Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you. notice what the verse say at the very end. “he will come and save you”. but through out the verse it’s states that God is coming, “behold, your God will come”, and “even God”. but watch how the scripture say, “he”, “he”, will save you. why did’t the scripture just say I, or God will save you. it did. he is the saviour who is God, “in FLESH”. by coming in flesh he is the “another”, or the allos of himself. yes, himself manifested as the share of God, scripture, Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me. my, is the me, that speak as “I” here in first person. Jesus Christ is God in Flesh. God Came?, Hebrews 10:7 "Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. Psalms 40:7 "Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me”. the "I" is the me, the everlasting one of Micah 5:2. that's who came. and he who came is name JESUS.

amen.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
I ask, "why keep on playing, the name game with the tetragramaton, which is only a title, and not the personal name, but a title. when the bible give us his personal name front, and center, NO GUESSING?". God with us in flesh, is, "Jesus". it's right there in his word. one don't have to go and find it. it is given unto you. look, God is a Spirit, (abstract). when God manifested, (concrete), in flesh, then we could see, touch, and hear God, FACE TO FACE. just as John declared in 1 John 1:1. before, God as Spirit could not be seen, touch, or handle. but now in the flesh he is identified by the personal name, JESUS, God saves. no agent, no second person of the trinity. no, God, JESUS, saves. and now that we can see him, talk to him, and touch him, or interact with him. do we say unto him, Good morning God. or come over to join us God. one would say Good morning, Lord Yeshua, why not God?, BECAUSE HE'S IN THE FLESH, that's why, he have a personal name. today we would say, Good morning Lord Jesus, because it's PERSONAL. God is no longer abstract to us. scripture, John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth". the share manifested in flesh, is he who is "EVERLASTING". Micah 5:2 "But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting. from everlasting?, have no beginnings, nor ending. can one comprehend what God did by coming in flesh. since most are stumped on Isa 35:4 this is one of the classic diversity scripture in the OT. Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you. notice what the verse say at the very end. “he will come and save you”. but through out the verse it’s states that God is coming, “behold, your God will come”, and “even God”. but watch how the scripture say, “he”, “he”, will save you. why did’t the scripture just say I, or God will save you. it did. he is the saviour who is God, “in FLESH”. by coming in flesh he is the “another”, or the allos of himself. yes, himself manifested as the share of God, scripture, Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me. my, is the me, that speak as “I” here in first person. Jesus Christ is God in Flesh. God Came?, Hebrews 10:7 "Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. Psalms 40:7 "Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me”. the "I" is the me, the everlasting one of Micah 5:2. that's who came. and he who came is name JESUS.

amen.

If you want to keep denying The Creator of the Universe had a Name in the OT, I cannot stop you. However, God clearly says He has a Name in the OT and we are to announce it, proclaim it and USE IT. We are NOT to change it, distort it or bring it to nothing. Ex. 20:7

It's obvious to me that you also don't understand what it means to 'call upon the Name of the Lord.'
As for me, I shall call upon Elohim and YHVH, will save me” (Psalm 55:16)
http://sidroth.org/articles/pronounc...ling-name-lord

I was recently given a wonderful gift of a Bible in English and Hebrew on facing pages. I know just enough Hebrew to have found more places than I am comfortable with where the English seems to be saying something the Hebrew does not. The most significant is the use of YHVH, which in English is translated as LORD, in all capital letters. In Hebrew it never says LORD at all, only YHVH. In another translation, the name of God follows the Jewish tradition, out of fear of violating the sacred name of God, and never even uses the four letters indicating God’s name, but always refers to YHVH as HaShem, which means The Name. Religious Jews never speak the name of God or even use the letters, but say The Name or HaShem instead. (Ha means the in Hebrew.) The only person through the generations who supposedly knew how to say His name was the Kohen Gadol, the High Priest, who would utter it ten times on only one day of the year on Yom Kippur. When Orthodox Jews write the word “God” in English, for the same reason of fear of breaking the third commandment and violating The Name, it is written as G-d. In my Hebrew-English Bible, in one instance, the English says, “Call on the name of the LORD” but the Hebrew says “Call on the name of YHVH”. If it were to use The Name in place of YHVH as many Jews do, it would say, “Call on the name of The Name” which makes no sense whatsoever and leaves one wondering what name we should call upon. Surely He didn’t intend all this confusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity