Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was His death planned, and what was its purpose?
Gos planned it as a settlement for our sins, so that those who believe would have everlasting life 67 67.00%
Not planned by God, but His death still serves as an example and it "restores the community" 2 2.00%
Planned by God in order to release the Holy Spirit to men 5 5.00%
Jesus did not die for our sins, He was murdered 26 26.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 07:22 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Thank you for you sarcastic input, I know what God means by it, I was asking what Jerwade meant by it.
If you did you would retract your question to the fortune cookie writer.

Old 08-09-2014, 07:39 PM

14,883 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Pcamps, my questions were directed to those who do not accept what the scriptures teach about the sacrifice of Jesus and who say that the scriptures are the perceptions of men and are written by barbaric ignorant men . I was attempting to understand why they accept certain parts of the scriptures as truth, and not this part, which is also in the scriptures. This tells me that they do accept that some of the scriptures are true but they have made blanket statements that conflict with this.

This thread isn't about why I believe the scriptures are infallible or not and I did not want the thread to be diverted from the topic. I was trying to understand their perspective and show that they do accept parts of the scriptures as true which is in conflict with their previous statements about the scriptures being the perceptions of men and the words of barbaric, ignorant men. Thank you and God bless.

Old 08-09-2014, 07:41 PM

14,883 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Thank you, Wardendresden, I appreciate your words. God bless you.

Old 08-09-2014, 07:42 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,389,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I 100%?disagree,when you are both challenged you shy away from answering reasonable questions. Shana is not willing for instance to share in what ways she has been disciplined, corrected and punished by God other than by the word of God, you have a lot to say but never answer pointed questions too. I believe wisdom is their throughout the ages, but you will not be. To pass onto me your handed down beliefs and say it is wisdom is not going to work, i have been around far to long for that. . You do not know that much about me Warden, i for a season believed liked you and was probably more vocal about it than you. So i do know where you are coming from.
I fined that with just about everyone camps. People are always asking for scripture and when scripture is given they ignore the scripture they asked for. For myself I use scripture for everything I believe so wardens is really a moot point.

Its like I have said for years on CD brother people just refuse to take a hard look at just what they believe so they ignore scripture, reason, history, questions and just about everything else in order to hold on to their beliefs. Love casts out fear, yet they fear that by taking a hard look at what they believe might reveal something they do not want to believe in.

Old 08-09-2014, 07:45 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
I fined that with just about everyone camps. People are always asking for scripture and when scripture is given they ignore the scripture they asked for. For myself I use scripture for everything I believe so wardens is really a moot point.

Its like I have said for years on CD brother people just refuse to take a hard look at just what they believe so they ignore scripture, reason, history, questions and just about everything else in order to hold on to their beliefs. Love casts out fear, yet they fear that by taking a hard look at what they believe might reveal something they do not want to believe in.
I seriously doubt if any regular poster on this thread is living in fear.

Old 08-09-2014, 07:46 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Pcamps, my questions were directed to those who do not accept what the scriptures teach about the sacrifice of Jesus and who say that the scriptures are the perceptions of men and are written by barbaric ignorant men . I was attempting to understand why they accept certain parts of the scriptures as truth, and not this part, which is also in the scriptures. This tells me that they did accept that some of the scriptures are true but they have made blanket statements that conflict with this.

This thread isn't about why I believe the scriptures are infallible or not and I did not want the thread to be diverted from the topic. I was trying to understand their perspective and show that they do accept parts of the scriptures as true which is in conflict with their previous statements about the perceptions of men and barbaric, ignorant men. Thank you and God bless.
This thread Shana has gone way off topic with conversations between you,myself and pleroo, and the reason i went back to a thread you started to ask you about how you were disciplined, corrected and disciplined of God.

Old 08-09-2014, 07:49 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post

I think several people here were forced to take a hard look at what they believe, and when asked to explain their views further they refused to do so. I believe they saw their views did not add up, and instead of admitting it, they decided it is better to avoid saying more about it in order to conceal the fact. I personally pressed four posters holding alternate views for answers and all four refused to answer direct questions. By doing so they answered my suspicions of their beliefs. They do not hold water.

Old 08-09-2014, 07:51 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
This is another good reference which shows that Jesus knew what was going to happen and came to fulfill the prophecies about Him.
Again . . . no one is denying that Jesus knew the prophesies and intended to fulfill them knowing what that would mean. That was the ONLY way to get us to believe Him and follow Him. Even His rejection was part of the template for evolving our understanding of God through His death and unambiguous demonstration of pure agape love toward us all . . . including His torturers and murderers. His resurrection (birth as Spirit) completed His mission to connect us to God and to provide us with guidance through His Holy Spirit (Comforter) within our consciousness.

Old 08-09-2014, 07:56 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I seriously doubt if any regular poster on this thread is living in fear.
I doubt that too. I know I have nothing to fear.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Old 08-09-2014, 07:57 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Thank you for you sarcastic input, I know what God means by it, I was asking what Jerwade meant by it.
Please stop trying to derail this thread, Finn. You have been told that he does not believe in a works based salvation. If that is not enough for you, please explain what "Faith without works is dead" means without saying that we do need to show demonstrations of our faith.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity