Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2014, 06:59 PM

951 posts, read 1,054,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Drop the rock from your hand and worry about your own sins.
Ezekiel 36:
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

This is a prophecy for the future.

Notice with the help of God's Holy Spirit one will be able to walk in God's statutes and keep God's judgements.

Homosexuality is a capital crime in God's eyes. For one to say it is just an alternate lifestyle is a liar! Not supported in the Bible at all and Christ Himself would never support such sinful practices.

And He is not going to use stone for execution but a lake of fire awaits all those who will not repent.

Revelation 20:

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

tthttf

Last edited by mensaguy; 10-23-2014 at 05:23 AM.. Reason: Red is reserved for Moderaator actions.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
But God called me to point my finger at false Christians---those who do not follow Jesus--those who adore scripture more than Jesus Himself.

Why should I not continue to point my finger at what my religion considers as false and evil. It's what YOU are doing with homosexuals. I believe my mission to be as holy or perhaps holier than yours!

With what judgment you mete, it shall be meted unto you. Please re-evaluate your tactics and repent.
Because personal attacks are not supported in the TOS. I could come back with some blistering personal attacks but they would put me in the penalty box and not you.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Malarkey. Who are you to call out anyone? I have a Bible. I've read that Bible. According to the Bible you are FULL of sin.

Drop the rock from your hand and worry about your own sins.
Well stop your personal attacks against me and open the Bible.

The thread is about sodomite and lesbian unions being sin and not is tthttf a sinner who needs to repent a condition that fits everyone of us. We all need to repent and not accept sin as a way of life.

And Homosexuality is a sin -- a capital crime. If you deliberately support sin and approve of or engage in it then you will have to give an answer for your actions just as I will have to.

God will not tolerate sin and Christ and the resurrected Saints and Holy angels are going to spend a 1,000 years removing all sin and sinners before God comes to this Earth.

Revelation 20:
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

continuing is Revelation 21

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

tthttf

Last edited by mensaguy; 10-23-2014 at 05:23 AM.. Reason: Red is reserved for Moderaator actions.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:18 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,731,564 times
A broad trend is visible. Religious conservatives oppose abortion, oppose birth control, oppose gay adoption, oppose same-sex marriage, oppose euthanasia — in short, they want to control how people are born, how they marry, how they raise families, and how they die. During the most private and important moments of a human being’s life, they want to barge in and demand adherence to their rigid, paternalistic creed. Again, because their unwavering religious belief has led them to the blind certainty that they know best how life should be lived, they have no qualms in seeking to intrude upon the lives of others at the most important and personal moments.

And this is why I maintain that conservative Christianity, by and large, is a religion minus Jesus at the center. It is certainly a religion. It certainly has a large following. It has lots of money. It has a persecution complex while being the primary persecutor in our society today. Many of the posters in this forum can fit well as the "poster" child for that religion.

But for members of the GLBT community, that is not the Christ of the Bible for many of us. You are sinners--as true Christians are. You need to walk closer with God--as do we. You are different in your sexual orientation, but you are not different in your desire to find love, acceptance, and, for some, a few others to help you find a relationship with God who forgives all sins.

And some of us are out here to help you. Keep seeking. You will find. The people who say they have found, are really lost themselves.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:29 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,763,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
A broad trend is visible. Religious conservatives oppose abortion, oppose birth control, oppose gay adoption, oppose same-sex marriage, oppose euthanasia [/i][/u]
Wait, if they area against abortion and birth control, why are they against gays? Gays don't get abortions, and don't use birth control (well maybe condoms, but not the pill).

Old 10-22-2014, 07:31 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,237,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
If heaven is filled with people like this, why would anyone care to get in?
The problem is churches are filled with people who think they are in a position to lecture people on sin. And they specialize! In the gay community!

Miss Hepburn stated she didn't think God cared about where people put their naughty bits. Well, there's no need for God to do anything! There's a boat load of people calling themselves Christians who specialize in where people put their naughty bits.

They don't specialize in Jesus. Or feeding the hungry or caring for the sick. They specialize in..... N.a.u.g.h.t.y b.i.t.s.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Telling you to find Jesus is a personal attack?

Billy Graham has told MILLIONS of people to find Jesus. Maybe you should write him a letter and let him know he was out of line.
Well, those who truly find Jesus (that's not really how it works, God must draw one to Christ -- see John 6:44,65) must put the leaven out of their lives and murder, kidnapping, adultery, sodomy, bestiality, rape, etc are capital crimes that one needs to definitely repent of plus other sins as well.

If one's Christ is telling people that capital crimes are okay then I think the Christ that person is talking about is not the Christ of the Bible.

Christ lived a sinless life and if He is living His sinless life in a person through God's Holy Spirit that person would love God with everything he's/she's got and would always try to avoid sinning.

Homosexuality is plainly a sin, a capital sin found in the printed Word of God and Jesus is the Living Word of God. If those sentiments against such an awful sin is not present and written into one's heart through God's Holy Spirit then one should question whether he/she truly is a real Christian that truly has God's Holy Spirit.

A Christian must put all sins out of their lives or else that Christian will eventually be put out of the spiritual body of Christ and eventually destroyed forever in the lake of fire.

Now, there is a political/national aspect to what happens when a whole society turns to sin which I will not go into since it may be misunderstood and I am not trying to inject politics into the discussion.

(I am not political at all. I personally do not vote (I have not voted since the early 1980s), I cannot hold office, cannot be a part of political parties, not allowed to serve on jury duty, not allowed to server in the military, not allowed to carry a gun for personal defence, plus more if I really thought about it. I inject this information because there are some who believe I am trying to advocate politics into this discussion. I am not. But the Bible does mention national sins which would involve sexual sins like we are seeing today.)

tthttf

Old 10-22-2014, 08:22 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,674,693 times
I can't believe that adults believe in the ridiculous concept of 'sin'. Every time I hear that word I hear a toddler in a whiny voice saying "naughty". I think there's something very sad that people have such an aversion to critical thinking that they let a book written by men eons ago dictate every belief in their lives. I'm thankful the goat herders didn't include something stating that football or ice cream is "naughty". The past few days lurking around this forum have been a mix of humorous and terrifying.

Old 10-22-2014, 11:01 PM

993 posts, read 1,770,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
Well stop your personal attacks against me and open the Bible.

The thread is about sodomite and lesbian unions being sin and not is tthttf a sinner who needs to repent a condition that fits everyone of us. We all need to repent and not accept sin as a way of life.

And Homosexuality is a sin -- a capital crime. If you deliberately support sin and approve of or engage in it then you will have to give an answer for your actions just as I will have to.
If you believe that, fine, I'll answer to God if (s)/he exists when I die. I sure as heck don't need to waste my time trying to justify myself or my actions to you. Get off your high horse. You are full of sin just like everybody else. Maybe you should worry about your own relationship with God?

'Christians' like you are the one who give Christians everywhere a bad name. If heaven is full of people like you, I'd be glad to not be in it.

Old 10-22-2014, 11:06 PM

993 posts, read 1,770,595 times
Also, cool-off the persecution complex. You literally made a thread talking about how I am some sort of terrible human being who deserves to be killed and burn in the "lake of fire" for all eternity, yet when one person challenges just your beliefs, you scream, "PERSONAL ATTACK! YOU CAN'T DO THAT!" Get over it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity