Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2014, 04:11 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
it's implicit in the word abomination appearing there

Nope not implicit that it's homosexuality at all. There is no mention of it.

In context with the surrounding text, it's worship of other gods (playing the w**** with other gods) that is the abomination.

Ezekiel 16: 20And you took your sons and your daughters, whom you had borne to me, and these you sacrificed to them to be devoured. Were your whorings so small a matter 21that you slaughtered my children and delivered them up as an offering by fire to them? 22And in all your abominations and your whorings you did not remember the days of your youth, when you were naked and bare, wallowing in your blood.

23“And after all your wickedness (woe, woe to you! declares the Lord God), 24you built yourself a vaulted chamber and made yourself a lofty place in every square. 25At the head of every street you built your lofty place and made your beauty an abomination, offering yourselff to any passerby and multiplying your whoring. 26You also played the ***** with the Egyptians, your lustful neighbors, multiplying your whoring, to provoke me to anger. 27Behold, therefore, I stretched out my hand against you and diminished your allotted portion and delivered you to the greed of your enemies, the daughters of the Philistines, who were ashamed of your lewd behavior. 28You played the ***** also with the Assyrians, because you were not satisfied; yes, you played the ***** with them, and still you were not satisfied. 29You multiplied your whoring also with the trading land of Chaldea, and even with this you were not satisfied.

30“How sick is your heart,g declares the Lord God, because you did all these things, the deeds of a brazen prostitute, 31building your vaulted chamber at the head of every street, and making your lofty place in every square. Yet you were not like a prostitute, because you scorned payment. 32Adulterous wife, who receives strangers instead of her husband! 33Men give gifts to all prostitutes, but you gave your gifts to all your lovers, bribing them to come to you from every side with your whorings. 34So you were different from other women in your whorings. No one solicited you to play the *****, and you gave payment, while no payment was given to you; therefore you were different.

35“Therefore, O prostitute, hear the word of the Lord: 36Thus says the Lord God, Because your lust was poured out and your nakedness uncovered in your whorings with your lovers, and with all your abominable idols, and because of the blood of your children that you gave to them, 37therefore, behold, I will gather all your lovers with whom you took pleasure, all those you loved and all those you hated. I will gather them against you from every side and will uncover your nakedness to them, that they may see all your nakedness. 38And I will judge you as women who commit adultery and shed blood are judged, and bring upon you the blood of wrath and jealousy.

39And I will give you into their hands, and they shall throw down your vaulted chamber and break down your lofty places. They shall strip you of your clothes and take your beautiful jewels and leave you naked and bare. 40They shall bring up a crowd against you, and they shall stone you and cut you to pieces with their swords. 41And they shall burn your houses and execute judgments upon you in the sight of many women. I will make you stop playing the *****, and you shall also give payment no more. 42So will I satisfy my wrath on you, and my jealousy shall depart from you. I will be calm and will no more be angry. 43Because you have not remembered the days of your youth, but have enraged me with all these things, therefore, behold, I have returned your deeds upon your head, declares the Lord God. Have you not committed lewdness in addition to all your abominations?

44“Behold, everyone who uses proverbs will use this proverb about you: ‘Like mother, like daughter.’ 45You are the daughter of your mother, who loathed her husband and her children; and you are the sister of your sisters, who loathed their husbands and their children. Your mother was a Hittite and your father an Amorite. 46And your elder sister is Samaria, who lived with her daughters to the north of you; and your younger sister, who lived to the south of you, is Sodom with her daughters. 47Not only did you walk in their ways and do according to their abominations; within a very little time you were more corrupt than they in all your ways. 48As I live, declares the Lord God, your sister Sodom and her daughters have not done as you and your daughters have done.

49Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy. 50They were haughty and did an abomination before me. So I removed them, when I saw it. 51Samaria has not committed half your sins. You have committed more abominations than they, and have made your sisters appear righteous by all the abominations that you have committed. 52Bear your disgrace, you also, for you have intervened on behalf of your sisters. Because of your sins in which you acted more abominably than they, they are more in the right than you. So be ashamed, you also, and bear your disgrace, for you have made your sisters appear righteous.

Last edited by Ceist; 10-26-2014 at 04:27 AM..

Old 10-26-2014, 04:35 AM

Nope, no mention of homosexuality here either, but apparently incense is an abomination too.

Isaiah 1 Meaningless Offerings

10Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.

11To what purpose [is] the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams,and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.

12When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?

13Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; [it is] iniquity, even the solemn meeting.

14Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear [them].

15And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.

16Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;

17Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.

Old 10-26-2014, 04:42 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,558,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Nope not implicit that it's homosexuality at all. There is no mention of it.

In context with the surrounding text, it's worship of other gods that is the abomination.

Ezekiel 16: 20And you took your sons and your daughters, whom you had borne to me, and these you sacrificed to them to be devoured. Were your whorings so small a matter 21that you slaughtered my children and delivered them up as an offering by fire to them? 22And in all your abominations and your whorings you did not remember the days of your youth, when you were naked and bare, wallowing in your blood.

23“And after all your wickedness (woe, woe to you! declares the Lord God), 24you built yourself a vaulted chamber and made yourself a lofty place in every square. 25At the head of every street you built your lofty place and made your beauty an abomination, offering yourselff to any passerby and multiplying your whoring. 26You also played the ***** with the Egyptians, your lustful neighbors, multiplying your whoring, to provoke me to anger. 27Behold, therefore, I stretched out my hand against you and diminished your allotted portion and delivered you to the greed of your enemies, the daughters of the Philistines, who were ashamed of your lewd behavior. 28You played the ***** also with the Assyrians, because you were not satisfied; yes, you played the ***** with them, and still you were not satisfied. 29You multiplied your whoring also with the trading land of Chaldea, and even with this you were not satisfied.

30“How sick is your heart,g declares the Lord God, because you did all these things, the deeds of a brazen prostitute, 31building your vaulted chamber at the head of every street, and making your lofty place in every square. Yet you were not like a prostitute, because you scorned payment. 32Adulterous wife, who receives strangers instead of her husband! 33Men give gifts to all prostitutes, but you gave your gifts to all your lovers, bribing them to come to you from every side with your whorings. 34So you were different from other women in your whorings. No one solicited you to play the *****, and you gave payment, while no payment was given to you; therefore you were different.

35“Therefore, O prostitute, hear the word of the Lord: 36Thus says the Lord God, Because your lust was poured out and your nakedness uncovered in your whorings with your lovers, and with all your abominable idols, and because of the blood of your children that you gave to them, 37therefore, behold, I will gather all your lovers with whom you took pleasure, all those you loved and all those you hated. I will gather them against you from every side and will uncover your nakedness to them, that they may see all your nakedness. 38And I will judge you as women who commit adultery and shed blood are judged, and bring upon you the blood of wrath and jealousy.

39And I will give you into their hands, and they shall throw down your vaulted chamber and break down your lofty places. They shall strip you of your clothes and take your beautiful jewels and leave you naked and bare. 40They shall bring up a crowd against you, and they shall stone you and cut you to pieces with their swords. 41And they shall burn your houses and execute judgments upon you in the sight of many women. I will make you stop playing the *****, and you shall also give payment no more. 42So will I satisfy my wrath on you, and my jealousy shall depart from you. I will be calm and will no more be angry. 43Because you have not remembered the days of your youth, but have enraged me with all these things, therefore, behold, I have returned your deeds upon your head, declares the Lord God. Have you not committed lewdness in addition to all your abominations?

44“Behold, everyone who uses proverbs will use this proverb about you: ‘Like mother, like daughter.’ 45You are the daughter of your mother, who loathed her husband and her children; and you are the sister of your sisters, who loathed their husbands and their children. Your mother was a Hittite and your father an Amorite. 46And your elder sister is Samaria, who lived with her daughters to the north of you; and your younger sister, who lived to the south of you, is Sodom with her daughters. 47Not only did you walk in their ways and do according to their abominations; within a very little time you were more corrupt than they in all your ways. 48As I live, declares the Lord God, your sister Sodom and her daughters have not done as you and your daughters have done.

49Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy. 50They were haughty and did an abomination before me. So I removed them, when I saw it. 51Samaria has not committed half your sins. You have committed more abominations than they, and have made your sisters appear righteous by all the abominations that you have committed. 52Bear your disgrace, you also, for you have intervened on behalf of your sisters. Because of your sins in which you acted more abominably than they, they are more in the right than you. So be ashamed, you also, and bear your disgrace, for you have made your sisters appear righteous.
the fact that you don't know how to divide the verses makes your opinion irrelevant 36-50 is one chapter
Parashah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-26-2014, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Nope, no mention of homosexuality here either, but apparently incense is an abomination too.

Isaiah 1 Meaningless Offerings

10Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.

11To what purpose [is] the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams,and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.

12When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?

13Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; [it is] iniquity, even the solemn meeting.

14Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear [them].

15And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.

16Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;

17Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.
incense is not called an abomination here hypocrisy is.

Old 10-26-2014, 05:07 AM

Quote:
the fact that you don't know how to divide the verses makes your opinion irrelevant 36-50 is one chapter
Parashah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I inserted paragraphs so it was readable in English, rather than a big chunk of text.

I could also say your poor grammar, punctuation and spelling make your opinion irrelevant.

However, it's your bizarre obsession with seeing homosexuality everywhere that makes your opinion irrelevant.

Last edited by Ceist; 10-26-2014 at 05:18 AM..

Old 10-26-2014, 05:12 AM

Quote:
incense is not called an abomination here hypocrisy is.
It says incense. Quite clearly. In the Hebrew as well.

Isaiah 1:13 Hebrew Text Analysis

"Bring no more vain offerings; incense is an abomination to me. New moon and Sabbath and the calling of convocations— I cannot endure iniquity and solemn assembly."

Old 10-26-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
It says incense. Quite clearly. In the Hebrew as well.

Isaiah 1:13 Hebrew Text Analysis

"Bring no more vain offerings; incense is an abomination to me. New moon and Sabbath and the calling of convocations— I cannot endure iniquity and solemn assembly."
read the verses before that and you'll understand that it means bringing incense while being sinners, in short hypocrisy.

Old 10-26-2014, 12:53 PM

7 posts, read 5,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
You are wrong!

You base your entire argument on scripture in John 8 that was not even found in the early Greek manuscripts and didn't appear until Codex Bezae of the late 4th or early 5th century. And even then you leave out a most important concept of repentance by totally ignoring Christ's instruction to the woman to "go, and sin no more" and claim that He really didn't mean it and that basically she could go out and just keep on sinning and forget about repenting of sin altogether.

Now, take a look at another example of a woman who in this case was not caught in the act of adultery but was not properly married yet living with a man

Just 4 chapters back in the Book of John is the story about the Samaritan woman at the well.

Christ asked her to go call her husband and come here.

John 4:17-18
The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband:
For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

Christ would tell it like it is. He didn't pull punches when it came to sin.

You once tried to claim that Christ healed a Roman centurion's male servant who according to your speculation (and inaccurate speculation, I might add) was his homosexual lover.

If that Roman soldier came to Christ and what you are trying to claim is correct that he had a homosexual servant lover then based on how Christ dealt with this woman in John 4 He would have told the Roman soldier to go call your wife and come hither and if the soldier told him his wife was back in Rome or he had no wife Christ would have told him -- you have no wife and one you are living with now is not your wife but a male "sodomite" lover.

Christ does not play around with sin. He had to give His life for all of our sins and it wasn't as easy as you try to make it appear.

Sodomites and lesbians today do not repent of their sin of homosexuality and they need to repent of this capital crime to have any true relationship with God the Father.

I appreciate all the other comments on this thread that have pointed out this need of repentance.

God will not and has never tolerated sin.

When you sin you are cut off from God.

Isaiah 59:2
But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

If you are a true Christian you have to go to your high priest Jesus Christ AFTER REPENTING and ask for forgiveness to be reconciled back to God the Father!

It's time we got all of this straight (a tragic pun intended).

tthttf
I agree.

Old 10-26-2014, 01:53 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsTheEnd View Post
I agree.
I'll keep praying for you and others suffering from the same condition.

Old 10-26-2014, 02:34 PM

7 posts, read 5,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The verse specifically says "sexual immorality" not humiliating others. God would have wiped out just about every nation if the great crime of Sodom was merely being inhospitable or rude.
I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity