Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2014, 06:23 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,653,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
The only church that I have ever been a member of didn't operate as you describe. The lay members did not bring people into the local church I attended. God the Father brought them in. God was the one doing the drawing and not men and we taught that as a doctrine:

John 6:44, John 6:65.

John 6:
44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

I once asked my minister if my sister could start attending with me and he told me no. (You can forget about snubbing people because of their sexual orientation.)

The ministers had to visit the perspective members and examine them to make sure that they were being drawn to Christ by God and not just being drawn by their own curiosity and intellectual pursuits.

In my case, the local minister determined that I was being drawn by God to Christ and I was baptised and had hands placed on me to put me into the Body of Christ. I had repented of my sins and I read in the Bible and we taught that sexual misconduct, sex outside of marriage, was a sin and homosexuality wasn't even discussed because it was just common knowledge that everyone already took for granted was a sin.

We are to live by the Word of God and I do not approve of your diminishing the authority of the Bible in our lives with all of your literary criticism, but that's your choice and you will have to give an answer for it one day and not me.

I do know that from the scriptures that homosexuality is a sin and if one does not repent of it then at the end of the day this person will be thrown into the lake of fire and die the 2nd death. That's pretty plain to me but not so for you.

tthttf
You are preaching for a cult. Cult Education -Killings shed light on church

Old 10-31-2014, 06:38 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,782,559 times
Quote:
Well, your way brings spiritual anarchy and you will reap what you sow.

I know that homosexuality is an abominable sin and your way produces so much confusion that even though I believe that you know that it is a sin you won't admit it and you won't quit trying to lead people astray with your "intellectualism" and attempts to salve their conscience while they continue in their sins.

I suggest that you take the first step toward true Christianity and truly repent.

tthttf
Wearing mixed fabrics is an "abominable sin" too. You clearly haven't the foggiest clue what the Hebrew meaning was.

Old 10-31-2014, 07:25 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times
Quote:
Well, your way brings spiritual anarchy and you will reap what you sow.

I know that homosexuality is an abominable sin and your way produces so much confusion that even though I believe that you know that it is a sin you won't admit it and you won't quit trying to lead people astray with your "intellectualism" and attempts to salve their conscience while they continue in their sins.

I suggest that you take the first step toward true Christianity and truly repent.

tthttf
My calling from God is not calling out sinners EXCEPT if they CLAIM to be Christians. Jesus never called out sinners except those claiming to be religious---as in they knew scripture backwards and forwards but practiced ugliness toward their fellow man.

Sorry, but your posts put you smack into the middle of that category, and I call what God reveals to me-you are a lost sinner with biblical knowledge. That makes it less likely you will ever find the truth or even realize it passed you by.

When we get before God's judgment seat, I will ask for mercy for my own sins and tell Him I thought He wanted to be the one passing judgment. I suppose you will tell him you want mercy but at least you weren't as bad as those homosexuals, and that you were just helping Him out with His job by telling homosexuals what abominations they are.

I feel more comfortable with any mistake I might make.

Old 10-31-2014, 07:32 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,254,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
When we get before God's judgment seat, I will ask for mercy for my own sins and tell Him I thought He wanted to be the one passing judgment.
I assume he'll wonder why you completely missed the words of Christ in Matthew 18.

Old 10-31-2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
I assume he'll wonder why you completely missed the words of Christ in Matthew 18.
And He'll ask you why you missed Matt 7:1-3, especially verse 3.

Old 10-31-2014, 07:43 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,254,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
And He'll ask you why you missed Matt 7:1-3, especially verse 3.
People like you always stop at verse 3. It gets tiring. Read all the way to verse 5. Jesus was clearly saying 'When you judge, do not be a hypocrite.' and this perfectly compliments Matthew 18. They agree with each other.

Old 10-31-2014, 08:00 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
It would be a better place, if people focused on judging themselves?

Old 10-31-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
And he'll wonder why you ignored Matthew 7.

Old 10-31-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
People like you always stop at verse 3. It gets tiring. Read all the way to verse 5. Jesus was clearly saying 'When you judge, do not be a hypocrite.' and this perfectly compliments Matthew 18. They agree with each other.
As black theologian James Cone has stated, "to believe in Heaven is to refuse to accept hell on earth.

Why do people like you enjoy doing that to other people?

Homosexuals are fed up with that kind of hypocrisy, and so is true Christianity. And why aren't you working on that beam in your own eye instead of worrying about someone else' sin? Because you are willing to forgive your own while hissing at others? That's the hypocrite Jesus was talking about.

You've completely missed the message of the Sermon on the Mount, so it's obviously not that easy to grasp with a chunk of lumber in your eye.

Old 10-31-2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:
He also said just because you think you're righteous and cast out demons, doesn't mean you know him. Only those who follow his will do, and his will is to love your neighbors, not demonize them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity