Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2014, 08:13 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
This is comment by Rabbi Moshe Tendler is very telling seeing as he is considered left wing by many Orthodox Jews
Yeshiva University Commentator -- Volume 64 Issue 1
Since you have such conflict within your own faith maybe you should work on that rather than telling Christians which one of your groups to believe in. Once you get that issue settled, Christians will find your multiple "traditions" easier to swallow--because there will only be One, like God.

Old 10-28-2014, 12:53 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,558,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Since you have such conflict within your own faith maybe you should work on that rather than telling Christians which one of your groups to believe in. Once you get that issue settled, Christians will find your multiple "traditions" easier to swallow--because there will only be One, like God.
the conflict your referring to, would be like equating a 6 year old (the avg reform Jew has less knowlage about Judisim than the avg Orthodox 6 year old) arguing with a law professor on a undisputed fact

Old 10-28-2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
the conflict your referring to, would be like equating a 6 year old (the avg reform Jew has less knowlage about Judisim than the avg Orthodox 6 year old) arguing with a law professor on a undisputed fact
That is a very fundamentalist statement. YOUR view is right, all others wrong. YOU are smarter. They are dumb.

The problem with judgmental views such as you cling to, are that any "good" they may accomplish is temporary, while the harm they cause to people--is permanent.

But hey, your scriptural view is intact--and it trumps the welfare and well being of anyone and everyone.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:34 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,893,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Same Sex Marriage is here for good, and there is nothing that your "Make believe God" can do about it. If your so called magic man in the sky is so powerful then why does he allow man on man marriage? He flooded the world and killed every man, woman and child, why can't he keep Adam and Steve from from being Husband and Husband? He can't, because your magic man in the sky is no more of a real story than Jack and the bean stock.
It bears mention that God flooded the Earth and killed everything that wasn't on the Ark; ergo, Since Noah and his family were the only remaining humans, and homosexuality is still present post-flood, logically, someone on the ark must have been homosexual.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
It bears mention that God flooded the Earth and killed everything that wasn't on the Ark; ergo, Since Noah and his family were the only remaining humans, and homosexuality is still present post-flood, logically, someone on the ark must have been homosexual.
I'm all about welcoming homosexuals into church and accepting them as part of humanity, unlike many who try to elevate themselves over those in the GLBT community.

BUT, if one accepts the idea that only a few people on an ark survived the great flood of the Torah (I accept a great over a large area, but I don't accept the concept that all died but those on the ark) I think it is a safe bet to speculate no homosexuals were ON the ark. What there were were heterosexuals who had descendants, also heterosexual, who gave birth to homosexual individuals.

No homosexual is alive who was not the result of heterosexual union. And I intentionally avoid the statistically insignificant invitro fertilization which is still an X and Y chromosome.

Old 10-29-2014, 04:28 AM

951 posts, read 1,053,781 times
Quote:
I'm all about welcoming homosexuals into church and accepting them as part of humanity, unlike many who try to elevate themselves over those in the GLBT community.
That is not acceptable Christian teaching. Paul did not welcome sexual iniquity into the true Body of Christ. Please review my post on Corinthians where I explained that and you still have no answer. Paul's writings nails your puffed up attitude that puffs you above the true Word of God that motivates you to accept and bow down to other peoples sins instead of putting the old leaven out you accept it and glorify it and yourself for the acceptance of it.

Paul said the man living with his step-mother should be put out of the Church at Corinth just like all these unrepentant homosexuals should be put out of a true body of Christ. If all you have is a Jesus fan club where true Christianity is not really practised then you will not be following the Bible but rather your own ideas of righteousness and this self-righteous smug attitude causes you to be puffed up and despise those who are practising and following the writings of Paul and others.

1 Corinthians 5

1 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.
2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Unless you repent you can never receive God's Holy Spirit which is vital to be saved. If you do not have or or not being led by God's Holy Spirit your name will not be in the Book of Life and you will be thrown into the Lake of Fire and destroyed forever as the scriptures teach.

Romans 8
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Revelation 20
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
How can you call yourself a Christian and not warn these people of the consequences of their sins for deliberately disobeying the commandments, statutes, judgements of God? You are acting like a Judas goat where you lead them into your false Christian living allowing them to keep on in their sins of homosexuality where you apparently believe it is a sin and yet will not admit it is a sin and proclaim that you are a homosexual yourself and yet you allow them to eventually be thrown in the lake of fire while you quickly try to jump back on the side of the real Jesus Christ who taught we are to live by every word of God and then you will start telling Christ how much you hate all sin especially the abominable sin of homosexuality. You are double crossing these people and you can expect God to punish you severely for this in the end. Whether you will be thrown in lake of fire along with them I am not your judge but in my opinion your actions would warrant this unless you repent and repent quickly.

How can you call yourself superior to anyone and proclaim you have all this tremendous love boasting that you are so superior to me and others who condemn the sin of homosexuality and yet your are condoning sin and causing people to not forsake their former sins and embrace true Christiantiy -- where you are to purge out all the old leaven (sin) out of our lives.

Matthew 4:
4 But he [Christ] answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Deuteronomy 8:
3 And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.

Luke 12:
46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. [You know what is God's will concerning homosexuality. God calls it an abominable capital crime directly in the pages of the Bible. How dare you claim otherwise.]

48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

1 Corinthians 5
7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

Christ had to die for this very sin you are promoting and causing people to error and be thrown in the lake of fire for. You are leading these people astray and unless they repent they face the second death. If you think what I am stating is a joke you better get a grip on yourself and wake up. This is a life and death situation I am taking about not just physical death but the SECOND DEATH.

I will have much much more to say about this matter in future posts. I haven't even barely scratched the surface of this very deep and very important subject.

tthttf

Old 10-29-2014, 11:13 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,930,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
That is not acceptable Christian teaching. Paul did not welcome sexual iniquity into the true Body of Christ. .................................

I will have much much more to say about this matter in future posts. I haven't even barely scratched the surface of this very deep and very important subject.

tthttf

[/color][/color][/b]
There is plenty of evidence that Paul was as homosexual as, oh, say good outstanding christians like, say, Ted Haggard or Paul Crouch.

And then all that good christian teaching and background obviously didn't work on Oral Robert's gay grandson.

Yes, Paul the apostle, was one piece of work.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
That is not acceptable Christian teaching. Paul did not welcome sexual iniquity into the true Body of Christ. Please review my post on Corinthians where I explained that and you still have no answer. Paul's writings nails your puffed up attitude that puffs you above the true Word of God that motivates you to accept and bow down to other peoples sins instead of putting the old leaven out you accept it and glorify it and yourself for the acceptance of it.

Paul said the man living with his step-mother should be put out of the Church at Corinth just like all these unrepentant homosexuals should be put out of a true body of Christ. If all you have is a Jesus fan club where true Christianity is not really practised then you will not be following the Bible but rather your own ideas of righteousness and this self-righteous smug attitude causes you to be puffed up and despise those who are practising and following the writings of Paul and others.

1 Corinthians 5

1 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.
2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Unless you repent you can never receive God's Holy Spirit which is vital to be saved. If you do not have or or not being led by God's Holy Spirit your name will not be in the Book of Life and you will be thrown into the Lake of Fire and destroyed forever as the scriptures teach.

Romans 8
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Revelation 20
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
How can you call yourself a Christian and not warn these people of the consequences of their sins for deliberately disobeying the commandments, statutes, judgements of God? You are acting like a Judas goat where you lead them into your false Christian living allowing them to keep on in their sins of homosexuality where you apparently believe it is a sin and yet will not admit it is a sin and proclaim that you are a homosexual yourself and yet you allow them to eventually be thrown in the lake of fire while you quickly try to jump back on the side of the real Jesus Christ who taught we are to live by every word of God and then you will start telling Christ how much you hate all sin especially the abominable sin of homosexuality. You are double crossing these people and you can expect God to punish you severely for this in the end. Whether you will be thrown in lake of fire along with them I am not your judge but in my opinion your actions would warrant this unless you repent and repent quickly.

How can you call yourself superior to anyone and proclaim you have all this tremendous love boasting that you are so superior to me and others who condemn the sin of homosexuality and yet your are condoning sin and causing people to not forsake their former sins and embrace true Christiantiy -- where you are to purge out all the old leaven (sin) out of our lives.

Matthew 4:
4 But he [Christ] answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Deuteronomy 8:
3 And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.

Luke 12:
46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. [You know what is God's will concerning homosexuality. God calls it an abominable capital crime directly in the pages of the Bible. How dare you claim otherwise.]

48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

1 Corinthians 5

Christ had to die for this very sin you are promoting and causing people to error and be thrown in the lake of fire for. You are leading these people astray and unless they repent they face the second death. If you think what I am stating is a joke you better get a grip on yourself and wake up. This is a life and death situation I am taking about not just physical death but the SECOND DEATH.

tthttf

And when I can get in a location where I'm not using an IPad, I will have much more condemnation of you and your false religion, because you seem to believe spouting hate and condemnation is the path to righteousness. And we both understand that there is no more righteousness in your life than there is in mine-- or in the life of any homosexual.

All your posts do is bring doubt, despair, and fear into the lives of thousands of homosexuals who could otherwise be won to Christ. I think you have some of the same traits in your own life and try to avoid where your own spiritual life is lacking by hating other people. You search the scriptures for condemnation, you set some sins as worse than others and you consider your own righteousness as superior to homosexuals. You forget Paul wrote that your righteousness is filthy rags in the eyes of God. You are unable to find Jesus in the scriptures which are not at all about one's own righteousness, but completely about living as Jesus lived.

Repent and find the love of Jesus Christ. If you do your life will become all about spreading the Good News that Jesus came to welcome anyone and everyone under His shelter. God still loves you and will welcome you into His family. He just asks that you refrain from judging His other creations and leave that task to Him.

Repent and find the love of God which will then become the focus of your life. Once you obtain true salvation you will no longer find it necessary to point fingers at other people, you will find yourself pointing other people to Jesus.

You are a religious pessimist as are most fundamentalists. A religious pessimist, when faced with two bad choices, chooses both.

Repent and find the love of Jesus.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:34 AM

951 posts, read 1,053,781 times
Numbers 25
1 And Israel abode in Shhittim, and the people began to commit whoredom with the daughters of Moab.
2 And they called the people unto the sacrifices of their gods: and the people did eat, and bowed down to their gods.
3 And Israel joined himself unto Baalpeor: and the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel.
4 And the LORD said unto Moses, Take all the heads of the people, and hang them up before the LORD against the sun, that the fierce anger of the LORD may be turned away from Israel.
5 And Moses said unto the judges of Israel, Slay ye every one his men that were joined unto Baalpeor.
6 And, behold, one of the children of Israel came and brought unto his brethren a Midianitish woman in the sight of Moses, and in the sight of all the congregation of the children of Israel, who were weeping before the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
7 And when Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, saw it, he rose up from among the congregation, and took a javelin in his hand;
8 And he went after the man of Israel into the tent, and thrust both of them through, the man of Israel, and the woman through her belly. So the plague was stayed from the children of Israel.

9 And those that died in the plague were twenty and four thousand.
10 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
11 Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, hath turned my wrath away from the children of Israel, while he was zealous for my sake among them, that I consumed not the children of Israel in my jealousy.

12 Wherefore say, Behold, I give unto him my covenant of peace:
13 And he shall have it, and his seed after him, even the covenant of an everlasting priesthood; because he was zealous for his God, and made an atonement for the children of Israel.

Phinehas was zealous for God's sake.

How many are zealous for God today and will stand up and proclaim that homosexuality is an abominable sin -- a capital crime?

These pro-homosexuals are trying to seduce others into actually worshipping another God and another Christ -- a false God and a false Christ who they claim would actually tolerate this abominable sin. Homosexuality is an abomination in the eyes of the true God and the true Christ -- a capital crime and those of us who are zealous for God's sake are called bigots.

It's time a spiritual javelin be thrust through the belly of this evil sin and it be exposed for how rotten it truly is.

Remember God's praise for Phinehas the next time you try to accuse us of bigotry for our opposition to this vile sin of homosexuality.

tthttf

Last edited by tthttf; 10-30-2014 at 10:43 AM..

Old 10-30-2014, 11:39 AM

1,606 posts, read 1,254,957 times
Quote:
And when I can get in a location where I'm not using an IPad, I will have much more condemnation of you and your false religion, because you seem to believe spouting hate and condemnation is the path to righteousness. And we both understand that there is no more righteousness in your life than there is in mine-- or in the life of any homosexual.

All your posts do is bring doubt, despair, and fear into the lives of thousands of homosexuals who could otherwise be won to Christ. I think you have some of the same traits in your own life and try to avoid where your own spiritual life is lacking by hating other people. You search the scriptures for condemnation, you set some sins as worse than others and you consider your own righteousness as superior to homosexuals. You forget Paul wrote that your righteousness is filthy rags in the eyes of God. You are unable to find Jesus in the scriptures which are not at all about one's own righteousness, but completely about living as Jesus lived.

Repent and find the love of Jesus Christ. If you do your life will become all about spreading the Good News that Jesus came to welcome anyone and everyone under His shelter. God still loves you and will welcome you into His family. He just asks that you refrain from judging His other creations and leave that task to Him.

Repent and find the love of God which will then become the focus of your life. Once you obtain true salvation you will no longer find it necessary to point fingers at other people, you will find yourself pointing other people to Jesus.

You are a religious pessimist as are most fundamentalists. A religious pessimist, when faced with two bad choices, chooses both.

Repent and find the love of Jesus.
Wow, all the anti-Christ talking points all in one reply. Well, you lose points for not calling anyone a bigot, so there's that. It amazes me how much false accusations litter your posts. You believe sin is not sin and judge those who stand firm in God's Word. The only hatred is your hatred of God and embracing of the world.

what does Jesus say about the truth of God? I bet He said it would cause warm and fuzzy loving feelings in everyone, right?
“Brothers will turn against their own brothers and hand them over to be killed. Fathers will hand over their own children to be killed. Children will fight against their own parents and will have them killed. Everyone will hate you because you follow me. But the one who remains faithful to the end will be saved." (Matt. 10:22-23)
Wait, what? How could the truth of God cause such horrible things? Who can be against love? Obviously Matthew was mistaken in this quote. According to you, in order to win people to Christ, we must make them feel good about their sin, tell them they are A-OK in God's eyes.

Well guess what, you are the one who hates Christians for following Christ. You're the one Jesus was talking about when He said 'everyone will hate you because you follow me.'

There is no hate, no condemnation here, simply a love for all and a desire to see all men saved. The difference between me and you is that I am not willing to reject God's morality to make the world feel better about their sin. That's not love, that's hypocrisy. You claim love, and yet you have no problem giving the green light and guided tours down the broad road, making claims it is the true path when all you are doing is causing people to doubt God.

It's quite sad the lengths you will go to defend sin, compared to the length you will go to defend God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity