Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2014, 07:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
Isaiah 8:20
(20) To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
Eventually, you will see the light of day.
Instead of passing out your judgments

Old 12-21-2014, 07:52 PM

951 posts, read 1,053,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Wrong!

If you have read the Bible you should know I am not passing out my judgments.

Leviticus 18:1-30
(1) And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
(2) Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, I am the LORD your God.
(3) After the doings of the land of Egypt, wherein ye dwelt, shall ye not do: and after the doings of the land of Canaan, whither I bring you, shall ye not do: neither shall ye walk in their ordinances.
(4) Ye shall do my judgments, and keep mine ordinances, to walk therein: I am the LORD your God.
(5) Ye shall therefore keep my statutes, and my judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am the LORD.
(6) None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness: I am the LORD.
(7) The nakedness of thy father, or the nakedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.
(8) The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness.
(9) The nakedness of thy sister, the daughter of thy father, or daughter of thy mother, whether she be born at home, or born abroad, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover.
(10) The nakedness of thy son's daughter, or of thy daughter's daughter, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover: for theirs is thine own nakedness.
(11) The nakedness of thy father's wife's daughter, begotten of thy father, she is thy sister, thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.
(12) Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's sister: she is thy father's near kinswoman.
(13) Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy mother's sister: for she is thy mother's near kinswoman.
(14) Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's brother, thou shalt not approach to his wife: she is thine aunt.
(15) Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy daughter in law: she is thy son's wife; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.
(16) Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy brother's wife: it is thy brother's nakedness.
(17) Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of a woman and her daughter, neither shalt thou take her son's daughter, or her daughter's daughter, to uncover her nakedness; for they are her near kinswomen: it is wickedness.
(18) Neither shalt thou take a wife to her sister, to vex her, to uncover her nakedness, beside the other in her life time.
(19) Also thou shalt not approach unto a woman to uncover her nakedness, as long as she is put apart for her uncleanness.
(20) Moreover thou shalt not lie carnally with thy neighbour's wife, to defile thyself with her.
(21) And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD.
(22) Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
(23) Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.
(24) Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you:
(25) And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants.
(26) Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you:
(27) (For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled
(28) That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you.
(29) For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people.
(30) Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, that ye commit not any one of these abominable customs, which were committed before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein: I am the LORD your God.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:14 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Who do you think are God's children?

This world is Satan's and these are HIS children. God is the Father in whom dwell the Holy Spirit.

The vast majority of humanity - at this time - are God's CREATION, but they certainly are not His children, until they repent and accept the gift of the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit does not dwell in those who are in rebellion against God and His Law.
Thank you for your timely addition to Totally Wrong Posts From Fundamentalists.

And Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:20 PM

63,833 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Thank you for your timely addition to Totally Wrong Posts From Fundamentalists.
And Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Darn it, Trout . . . I spit out my coffee again. LOL Fortunately it missed both my keyboard and my shirt this time. Merry Christmas to you, brother.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:24 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Although I vehemently disagree with other99 about most everything, I admire the fact he's walking the talk.

NO other anti-SSM/anti-Gay Christian on this board can say the same.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:36 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Quote:
Wrong!

If you have read the Bible you should know I am not passing out my judgments.
You live in a world of labels, and the one you appear to enjoy the most hasn't been around that long.
I suppose that Judges 19:16-30, must excite you, as it also deals with rape; not something consensual.

Perhaps, you will enjoy repeating the story, over and over, again. It seems to be the norm or standard.

Last edited by Jerwade; 12-21-2014 at 08:52 PM..

Old 12-21-2014, 08:39 PM

210 posts, read 426,817 times
Quote:
Having recently watched a federal judge overthrow the will of the people in my state who voted to ban same-sex marriage I feel we are in perilous times.

A single act of homosexuality is considered an abomination in God's Word the Bible. Therefore marriage between two homosexuals is off the moral scale as far as abominations go. I think we all need to wake up before our nation is destroyed for this and all the rest of our horrible sins.
Going back to the original post...

That's an interesting observation. However, I don't necessarily agree nor do I think that "if a single act of homosexuality is abomination in God's eyes then same-sex marriage must be evil to the infinite power" is the case. Marriage between two homosexuals is the symptom of something else that is manifesting on the outside. The root cause is homosexuality, and if you want to go deeper than that, it is because the heart is defiled.

If you look closely, you'll notice that the bible never condemn homosexual marriages. Being that God is totally against the act of a man lying with another man or a woman lying with another woman, I would expect to find scriptures that directly forbid homosexual marriages. I think it is this way because it is really a non-issue since the real problem is homosexuality.

Disclaimer: I am in no way stating that homosexual marriage is okay.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:02 PM

951 posts, read 1,053,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloupha View Post
Going back to the original post...

That's an interesting observation. However, I don't necessarily agree nor do I think that "if a single act of homosexuality is abomination in God's eyes then same-sex marriage must be evil to the infinite power" is the case. Marriage between two homosexuals is the symptom of something else that is manifesting on the outside. The root cause is homosexuality, and if you want to go deeper than that, it is because the heart is defiled.

If you look closely, you'll notice that the bible never condemn homosexual marriages. Being that God is totally against the act of a man lying with another man or a woman lying with another woman, I would expect to find scriptures that directly forbid homosexual marriages. I think it is this way because it is really a non-issue since the real problem is homosexuality.

Disclaimer: I am in no way stating that homosexual marriage is okay.
If the judgments of ancient Israel were administered promptly today then it would be very hard for dead people to get or stay married and therefore there would be no such thing as same-sex marriage. That's as far as I can go with it.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:07 PM

210 posts, read 426,817 times
Quote:
If the judgments of ancient Israel were administered promptly today then it would be very hard for dead people to get or stay married and therefore there would be no such thing as same-sex marriage. That's as far as I can go with it.
I agree. At the same time, in context of ancient Israel and without going into deep theological jargon, the nation of Israel (I am referring to both the northern and southern kingdom) was considered "God's people" where the king was expected to rule according to God's principle. This is not the case for America. We have America, and we have the church (God's people) embedded inside of America.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:17 PM

63,833 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloupha View Post
I agree.
My heart is pained to think that there are people who actually think like this in the 21st century!! It is quite startling and a wake up call that we still have such a long way to go as a species. I am particularly worried about the developing countries and their ignorant masses vulnerable to this kind of barbaric thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity