Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2014, 01:57 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
1822...1823...1824...1825...we just may make it 2015 before 2015...I have a lot more I can say but I know and God knows I shouldn't...wish I could...some of you out there will know what I am talking about....1826...1827...1828...1829...
... 1887 ... I don't believe you have anything to say that most haven't already heard?

Old 12-24-2014, 09:45 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
No.

Christ who was the Word spoke to Moses and yes, He declared it an abomination. Moses wrote what He said down in the book of Leviticus.
First of all, abomination doesn't exist in Hebrew. The word is "To'evah" and does not have the same connotation as the english abomination. It refers to a ritual prohibition/taboo. Second, Leviticus was written to the Levite priesthood of the ancient Israelites and has no bearing on modern day humanity. And third, it's in the context of pagan worship.

Stop butchering the Bible to justify your bigotry.

Old 12-24-2014, 09:54 AM

951 posts, read 1,053,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
First of all, abomination doesn't exist in Hebrew. The word is "To'evah" and does not have the same connotation as the english abomination. It refers to a ritual prohibition/taboo. Second, Leviticus was written to the Levite priesthood of the ancient Israelites and has no bearing on modern day humanity. And third, it's in the context of pagan worship.

Stop butchering the Bible to justify your bigotry.

No. Read Leviticus 18 again and you will see that this referring to the whole nation of Israel who would be "spued" out of the land if they committed the same abominable sins as the Gentiles did before them who God removed for their errors.

Old 12-24-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
No. Read Leviticus 18 again and you will see that this referring to the whole nation of Israel who would be "spued" out of the land if they committed the same abominable sins as the Gentiles did before them who God removed for their errors.
Which still doesn't apply to the modern day world, since we're not the Ancient Israelites. You're still butchering the Bible to justify your bigotry and evil.

Old 12-24-2014, 10:07 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,718,300 times
Quote:
Which still doesn't apply to the modern day world, since we're not the Ancient Israelites. You're still butchering the Bible to justify your bigotry and evil.
I think tthttf believes in Peace on Earth, Good Will to all Straight men!

Old 12-24-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I think tthttf believes in Peace on Earth, Good Will to all Straight men!
Actually, if we do not repent of our sins then wbat you are claiming I believe is absolutely true. Think about it.

Old 12-24-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
No. I am holding fast to the Truth. You are the one who is in error and you know it.

Old 12-24-2014, 11:38 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
No. I am holding fast to the Truth. You are the one who is in error and you know it.
The only things you're holding fast to are your bigotry and ignorance.

You should be ashamed.

You will be ashamed.

Old 12-24-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Really? You keep arguing that being cut off from one's people proves homosexuality is so evil.

And yet we have this:

Leviticus 20:18 If there is a man who lies with a [i]menstruous woman and uncovers her nakedness, he has laid bare her flow, and she has [j]exposed the flow of her blood; thus both of them shall be cut off from among their people.

Same section of verses as the anti-gay verse. So apparently having sex with a woman on her period is as purely evil as homosexuality as they will be cut off from among their people.

Or more likely, you haven't the foggiest clue what you're talking about.

Old 12-24-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Really? You keep arguing that being cut off from one's people proves homosexuality is so evil.

And yet we have this:

Leviticus 20:18 If there is a man who lies with a [i]menstruous woman and uncovers her nakedness, he has laid bare her flow, and she has [j]exposed the flow of her blood; thus both of them shall be cut off from among their people.

Same section of verses as the anti-gay verse. So apparently having sex with a woman on her period is as purely evil as homosexuality as they will be cut off from among their people.

Or more likely, you haven't the foggiest clue what you're talking about.
You are not showing the chapter of Leviticus 18 where the abominations are grouped together and Christ who was Word told Moses these wordsl. Take another very close look at it; It refutes and shows clearly that you are twisting the scriptures and you should repent of this attitude. Read it.

Leviticus 18:1-30
(1) And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
(2) Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, I am the LORD your God.
(3) After the doings of the land of Egypt, wherein ye dwelt, shall ye not do: and after the doings of the land of Canaan, whither I bring you, shall ye not do: neither shall ye walk in their ordinances.
(4) Ye shall do my judgments, and keep mine ordinances, to walk therein: I am the LORD your God.
(5) Ye shall therefore keep my statutes, and my judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am the LORD.
(6) None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness: I am the LORD.
(7) The nakedness of thy father, or the nakedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.
(8) The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness.
(9) The nakedness of thy sister, the daughter of thy father, or daughter of thy mother, whether she be born at home, or born abroad, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover.
(10) The nakedness of thy son's daughter, or of thy daughter's daughter, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover: for theirs is thine own nakedness.
(11) The nakedness of thy father's wife's daughter, begotten of thy father, she is thy sister, thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.
(12) Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's sister: she is thy father's near kinswoman.
(13) Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy mother's sister: for she is thy mother's near kinswoman.
(14) Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's brother, thou shalt not approach to his wife: she is thine aunt.
(15) Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy daughter in law: she is thy son's wife; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.
(16) Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy brother's wife: it is thy brother's nakedness.
(17) Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of a woman and her daughter, neither shalt thou take her son's daughter, or her daughter's daughter, to uncover her nakedness; for they are her near kinswomen: it is wickedness.
(18) Neither shalt thou take a wife to her sister, to vex her, to uncover her nakedness, beside the other in her life time.
(19) Also thou shalt not approach unto a woman to uncover her nakedness, as long as she is put apart for her uncleanness.
(20) Moreover thou shalt not lie carnally with thy neighbour's wife, to defile thyself with her.
(21) And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD.
(22) Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
(23) Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.
(24) Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you:
(25) And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants.
(26) Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you:
(27) (For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled;)
(28) That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you.
(29) For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people.
(30) Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, that ye commit not any one of these abominable customs, which were committed before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein: I am the LORD your God.

So here we see that you are wrong. This sin is an abomination along with the other sins listed here in this chapter. And not only are the priests to not commit any of these abominations but none of the Levites, nor any of children of Israel, neither any stranger dwelling in the land and even the Gentiles who were not even under the government in ancient Israel who dwelled on the land before ancient Israel took possession -- even they were not to commit these abominations or else they would defile the land. Anybody who commits these sins defiles the land.

So, you are totally proven wrong! And God's Word does most emphatically say that this is a sin -- an abomination that is listed above that will cause any inhabitant of the land who commits any of these sins to defile the land and require removal from the land.

Is there any more doubt to something that is so clearly shown to be a sin that defiles the land? There is no loophole here.

tthttf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity