Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2014, 11:34 PM

951 posts, read 1,053,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This thread and several others seem to be the home of C-D's homomisiacs spewing their disgust . . . and lets' be clear . . . "hatred" of homosexuals under the banner of God. It is beyond disturbing that such hatred exists in Christianity . . . but that it masquerades as promoting righteousness and "love of God and each other" is appalling. Nothing could be more abominable in God's eyes than such self-righteous disgust and hatred for our fellow human beings. We are supposed to stay focused on our own shortcomings . . . NOT rail against the shortcomings of others in self-righteous pomposity. I am absolutely convinced Jesus weeps in the face of such evil treatment of those He loves and died for. Jesus even loved His torturers and murderers . . . yet some here think He would HATE (NOT love) homosexuals . . . who do nothing to Him. How does one's thinking get so corrupted and bogged down in the trivia produced in the "precepts and doctrines of men" by human vanity and hubris????
And now a Word from our Sponsor.

Leviticus 20:13
(13) If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Lev 18:20-25
(20) Moreover thou shalt not lie carnally with thy neighbour's wife, to defile thyself with her.
(21) And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD.
(22) Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
(23) Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.
(24) Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you:
(25) And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants.

The One speaking to Moses was the Word who later became Jesus Christ. And He said that He did not come to destroy the Law and the Prophets and He went on further in other places to day that if one was to enter into eternal life they must keep the Commandments and He named some of the 10 Commandments and He went on further to name two Great summary Commandments. So He preached repentance and obedience to God.

And also the the apostle Paul excommunicated a member who was committing a sexual sin that was also listed in the same group of sexual sins listed in Leviticus 18.

So it is quite clear that we are moving away from God and not holding fast to the teaching found in the Bible.

Old 12-24-2014, 11:37 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,718,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
And now a Word from our Sponsor.

Leviticus 20:13
(13) If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Lev 18:20-25
(20) Moreover thou shalt not lie carnally with thy neighbour's wife, to defile thyself with her.
(21) And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD.
(22) Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
(23) Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.
(24) Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you:
(25) And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants.

The One speaking to Moses was the Word who later became Jesus Christ. And He said that He did not come to destroy the Law and the Prophets and He went further in other places and said if one was to enter into eternal life they must keep the Commandments and He went on further to name two Great summary Commandments and even listed some of the 10 Commandments elsewhere to show clearly what He was referring to.

And also the the apostle Paul excommunicated a member who was committing a sexual sin that was also listed in the same group of sexual sins listed in Leviticus 18.

So we are moving away from God and not holding fast to the teaching found in the Bible.
We know you have the ability to copy from the Bible. We also know you don't have any ability to understand the Spirit of Jesus.

Merry Christmas.

Old 12-24-2014, 11:45 PM

63,826 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
This thread and several others seem to be the home of C-D's homomisiacs spewing their disgust . . . and lets' be clear . . . "hatred" of homosexuals under the banner of God. It is beyond disturbing that such hatred exists in Christianity . . . but that it masquerades as promoting righteousness and "love of God and each other" is appalling. Nothing could be more abominable in God's eyes than such self-righteous disgust and hatred for our fellow human beings. We are supposed to stay focused on our own shortcomings . . . NOT rail against the shortcomings of others in self-righteous pomposity. I am absolutely convinced Jesus weeps in the face of such evil treatment of those He loves and died for. Jesus even loved His torturers and murderers . . . yet some here think He would HATE (NOT love) homosexuals . . . who do nothing to Him. How does one's thinking get so corrupted and bogged down in the trivia produced in the "precepts and doctrines of men" by human vanity and hubris????
Quote:
The One speaking to Moses was the Word who later became Jesus Christ.
Nonsense. The OT CONTAINS inspirations from God revealed to primitive barbarians who interpreted the inspirations using their primitive superstitions and mistaken beliefs about God. They were directed to restrain primitive barbarians who needed the coarsest of constraints on their barbarous behaviors. There was nothing subtle about the evil engaged in by our barbarous ancestors at the time of the OT writings. Trying to apply them to our civilized modern society is ridiculous. Pretending that they are the words of God is to deny the New Covenant and the Spirit of agape love who IS God. Rather than wallow in ancient ignorance and superstition . . . ask the Comforter to reveal the truth God has "written in our hearts" in agape love under the New Covenant. Stop relying on the words "written in ink" and stone under the Old Covenant.

Old 12-24-2014, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
We know you have the ability to copy from the Bible. We also know you don't have any ability to understand the Spirit of Jesus.

Merry Christmas.
What you are actually talking about are 2 Christs. The real One and a fake one. I am sure you will claim the real One but you words violate the very Word of God and you condone and teach sin and yet won't even state that the subject of this thread is not a sin as your words indicate you firmly believe.

This is a sin against God well documented in God's Word and one must repent of it to have eternal life. Like Christ said we must keep the commandments and He also quoted from Deuteronomy that we are to live by every word of God.

Matthew 19:16-17
(16) And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
(17) And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

And do the true Saints keep the Commandments of God? Absolutely! And God verifies this fact in His Word.

Revelation 14:12
(12) Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Old 12-25-2014, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Nonsense. The OT CONTAINS inspirations from God revealed to primitive barbarians who interpreted the inspirations using their primitive superstitions and mistaken beliefs about God. They were directed to restrain primitive barbarians who needed the coarsest of constraints on their barbarous behaviors. There was nothing subtle about the evil engaged in by our barbarous ancestors at the time of the OT writings. Trying to apply them to our civilized modern society is ridiculous. Pretending that they are the words of God is to deny the New Covenant and the Spirit of agape love who IS God. Rather than wallow in ancient ignorance and superstition . . . ask the Comforter to reveal the truth God has "written in our hearts" in agape love under the New Covenant. Stop relying on the words "written in ink" and stone under the Old Covenant.
Wrong again! The commandments, statutes and judgments are to be written into our hearts and minds. King David had God's Holy Spirit and God directed him and He will be in the First Resurrerction and rule under Christ as we read in the prophecies. His instruction book was not the NT but the OT and it is even stated that the OT can provide you with the necessary things to be "throughly furnished unto all good works." The only set of scriptures at the time Paul wrote this was the OT.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
(16) All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
(17) That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

So here we have King David over the 12 tribes of Israel and the 12 apostles under King David ruling over each of the 12 tribes of Israel and somehow you think David is some barbarian and the 12 apostles who were with Christ are superior to David spiritually and they should be ruling over King David.

Nonsense. You are deceived. The spiritual law of God has not been done away with but these commandments statutes and laws are to be to written in our hearts and minds and with God's Holy Spirit we can keep them and they will be enforced properly when the Saints are resurrected and ruling with Christ at His return.

And yes, the sin that is subject of this thread will still be a sin no matter how much you protest to the contrary.

Old 12-25-2014, 12:39 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,718,300 times
Quote:
What you are actually talking about are 2 Christs. The real One and a fake one. I am sure you will claim the real One but you words violate the very Word of God and you condone and teach sin and yet won't even state that the subject of this thread is not a sin as your words indicate you firmly believe.

This is a sin against God well documented in God's Word and one must repent of it to have eternal life. Like Christ said we must keep the commandments and He also quoted from Deuteronomy that we are to live by every word of God.

Matthew 19:16-17
(16) And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
(17) And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

And do the true Saints keep the Commandments of God? Absolutely! And God verifies this fact in His Word.

Revelation 14:12
(12) Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
It is one thing to teach sin, it is another to practice it with ugly words of judgment that should come from God rather from the pens of men in ages past or the lips of men in the present.

Old 12-25-2014, 12:55 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,633,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I have the foundation of the Bible for my beliefs. What do you have? Just whatever sounds good to you?
If the bible is the foundation of your beliefs, then isn't that exactly what you have? "Whatever sounds good to you?" What substantiates the bible, other than the bible itself?

Old 12-25-2014, 01:07 AM

63,826 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Quote:
Wrong again! The commandments, statutes and judgments are to be written into our hearts and minds. King David had God's Holy Spirit and God directed him and He will be in the First Resurrerction and rule under Christ as we read in the prophecies. His instruction book was not the NT but the OT and it is even stated that the OT can provide you with the necessary things to be "throughly furnished unto all good works." The only set of scriptures at the time Paul wrote this was the OT.
Wrong. The commandments and laws were the "letter " NOT the Spirit. It is the Spirit behind them that we are to learn and follow . . . NOT the "letter that killeth." That Spirit if the Spirit of agape love who IS God. If you had that Spirit guiding you to the truth God has "written in our hearts" . . . al would become clear to you. Sadly you prefer to remain under the veil of ignorance that attends reading the OT that Jesus came to lift. The words "written in ink"and stone under the Old Covenant corrupts your understanding without using the Spirit of agape love to test for the truth.

Old 12-25-2014, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Wrong. The commandments and laws were the "letter " NOT the Spirit. It is the Spirit behind them that we are to learn and follow . . . NOT the "letter that killeth." That Spirit if the Spirit of agape love who IS God. If you had that Spirit guiding you to the truth God has "written in our hearts" . . . al would become clear to you. Sadly you prefer to remain under the veil of ignorance that attends reading the OT that Jesus came to lift. The words "written in ink"and stone under the Old Covenant corrupts your understanding without using the Spirit of agape love to test for the truth.
What you are trying to say is that Christ DID destroy the law and the prophets and that Christians no longer have to obey God and they can do just as they please so long as they throw in a few good deeds along the way. But this is not true for we read that the true Saints DO keep the Commandments of God (Revelation 14:12).

Ancient Israel did not have the Holy Spirit except for a minority of those that God was working through like King David and the prophets and a few others. So they were basically living by the letter of the law and not the spiritual intent of the law. Christ did not do away with the laws like say adultery. It is still a sin to commit the physical act of adultery but Christ magnified it spiritually so that even if you entertain the thought of adultery in your mind you have broken the spiritual law of God. God's Holy Spirit will open your mind to obey God's Law but the basic instruction of how to live righteously still comes from God and His Word.

King David will be executing his office of ruler over all Israel under Christ with the same set of instructions that the 12 Apostles will be using and they will be in a subordinate position under King David ruling over each of the 12 tribes of Israel and yes, it will still be a capital sin for two men to have sex together and they will be judged according to God's Spiritual standard which will be spiritually magnified instead of done away with like you are suggesting.

tthttf

Old 12-25-2014, 07:36 AM

518 posts, read 470,079 times
Just as Jesus Christ never condoned or approved of sin, Christians must not condone or approve of sin. We are called to resist evil and to avoid sin. The world wants to force Christians to give a little. Reject God a bit. Welcome some sin it it's viewed ok by the world. Christians cannot compromise with the world. That is the real issue here. It is the hatred of the world trying to force those who serve God to give in on some sin.

As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord!

Your sin and my sin is SIN. And I have enough love to tell you the truth just as Jesus would.

I have a personal struggle with the SIN of gluttony. I try to keep it under control. But the most important thing is I recognize and am honest enough to acknowledge it is a sin. Those who deny a Sin is a Sin are liars and murderers and reject God. Plain and simple.

My earnest prayer is that all will recognize their sin and come to Christ, walk with us together as we strive to overcome sin and come to know and give the real love of Christ. Now that is Agape love in action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity