Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2014, 08:50 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
Where are your scriptures? That's what I am waiting for.
Lol. I quoted one in the last post, i have continually posted that Jesus Christ is the righteousness of God. But that is not what you want to hear, you want to hear that all who do not keep the commandments like you are sinners and they need to be told so.

Last edited by pcamps; 12-26-2014 at 09:03 AM..

Old 12-26-2014, 08:56 AM

518 posts, read 469,677 times
Quote:
Where are your scriptures? That's what I am waiting for.
It appears he missed the fact that I have confronted my sin and have it under control. I admit it is a sin and avoid it now. That is what Christ in me has accomplished. Anyone with Christ in them will admit their sin and Christ will help them to turn from it.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopRidge View Post
It appears he missed the fact that I have confronted my sin and have it under control. I admit it is a sin and avoid it now. That is what Christ in me has accomplished. Anyone with Christ in them will admit their sin and Christ will help them to turn from it.
You cannot control sin. You are either free from it or you are not.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:28 AM

951 posts, read 1,052,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Lol. I quoted one in the last post, i have continually posted that Jesus Christ is the righteousness of God.
Matthew 19:16-17
(16) And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
(17) And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Deu 8:3
(3) And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.

Matthew 4:4
(4) But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

1 John 3:4
(4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Romans 14:23
(23) And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Psalm 119:172
(172) My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.

1 John 5:3
(3) For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Revelation 19:7-8
(7) Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
(8) And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

Revelation 14:12
(12) Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 21:7-8
(7) He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
(8) But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

The Word of God shows clearly that sin is the transgression of God's Law and that all of God's Commandments are rightousness and we are live by every Word of God and that the Saints DO keep the Commandments of God and they have the faith OF Christ which also means they have God's Holy Spirit which enables them to keep the Commandments which Christ clearly stated is needed in order to inherit eternal life.

Homosexuality is most definitely a sin and transgresses not only God's Spiritual Law but also a general moral law that even the Gentiles must obey or they will be removed off the land as Leviticus 18 clearly states.

tthttf

Old 12-26-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Matthew 19:16-17
(16) And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
(17) And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Deu 8:3
(3) And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.

Matthew 4:4
(4) But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

1 John 3:4
(4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Romans 14:23
(23) And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Psalm 119:172
(172) My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.

1 John 5:3
(3) For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Revelation 19:7-8
(7) Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
(8) And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

Revelation 14:12
(12) Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 21:7-8
(7) He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
(8) But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

The Word of God shows clearly that sin is the transgression of God's Law and that all of God's Commandments are rightousness and we are live by every Word of God and that the Saints DO keep the Commandments of God and they have the faith OF Christ which also means they have God's Holy Spirit which enables them to keep the Commandments which Christ clearly stated is needed in order to inherit eternal life.

Homosexuality is most definitely a sin and transgresses not only God's Spiritual Law but also a general moral law that even the Gentiles must obey or they will be removed off the land as Leviticus 18 clearly states.

tthttf

You are seeing this because you are sin conscious and attract everything that appears sin to you.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
You are seeing this because you are sin conscious and attract everything that appears sin to you.
That is why you are accepting this sin because you do not know what sin is. God has each year two Holy Days in one Festival called the Feast of Unleavened Bread which Paul alluded to in 1 Corinthians 5 when speaking about a man who he commanded to be excommunicated for committing a sexual sin also listed in Leviticus 18.

The Feast of Unleavened Bread is an object lesson in sin. You are to put leaven off your property and not eat any leavened bread for 7 days. Those minority Christians who keep these days know that it pictures putting sin our of our lives. We must all do our part and examine ourselves and it is our responsibility to overcome ourselves and with help of God Chist and the Holy Spirit remove the spiritual leaven from our lives.

1 Corinthians 5:1-8
(1) It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.
(2) And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
(3) For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
(4) In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
(5) To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
(6) Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
(7) Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
(8) Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Those who approve of this sin are "puffed up" and are helping this spiritual leaven to leaven the whole lump which seems to be spreading quickly into the whole world.

We should all be conscious of spiritual leaven and the consequences of sin and how quickly it spreads as God and Christ teach us to be vigilant and not let down our guard and keep the Commandments of God to have eternal life.

tthttf

Old 12-26-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
That is why you are accepting this sin because you do not know what sin is. God has each year two Holy Days in one Festival called the Feast of Unleavened Bread which Paul alluded to in 1 Corinthians 5 when speaking about a man who he commanded to be excommunicated for committing a sexual sin also listed in Leviticus 18.

The Feast of Unleavened Bread is an object lesson in sin. You are to put leaven off your property and not eat any leavened bread for 7 days. Those minority Christians who keep these days know that it pictures putting sin our of our lives. We must all do our part and examine ourselves and it is our responsibility to overcome ourselves and with help of God Chist and the Holy Spirit remove the spiritual leaven from our lives.

1 Corinthians 5:1-8
(1) It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.
(2) And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
(3) For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
(4) In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
(5) To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
(6) Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
(7) Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
(8) Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Those who approve of this sin are "puffed up" and are helping this spiritual leaven to leaven the whole lump which seems to be spreading quickly into the whole world.

We should all be conscious of spiritual leaven and the consequences of sin and how quickly it spreads as God and Christ teach us to be vigilant and not let down our guard and keep the Commandments of God to have eternal life.

tthttf
Like i said you are sin conscious,and with you being so, there is no way on God's green earth that you keep the commandments, impossible to do while you are sin conscious.

Old 12-26-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Like i said you are sin conscious,and with you being so, there is no way on God's green earth that you keep the commandments, impossible to do while you are sin conscious.
Christ said most plainly that we are to sin no more and we are to keep the Commandments of God, How can you sin no more unless you know what sin is?

Please show all your scriptures supporting your accusations since it is written that we are to live by every Word of God and not false ideas and false doctrines of men.

Old 12-26-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Christ said most plainly that we are to sin no more and we are to keep the Commandments of God, How can you sin no more unless you know what sin is?

Please show all your scriptures supporting your accusations since it is written that we are to live by every Word of God and not false ideas and false doctrines of men.
You will die in your sin of thinking Jesus spoke out against sin. Only those deep seeded in being conscious of sin heard him that way, the rest saw and heard him show the way of righteousness. Of cause it does not read that way to you, because you read scripture mindful of the sin you behold in others.

Old 12-26-2014, 10:56 AM

Quote:
You will die in your sin of thinking Jesus spoke out against sin. Only those deep seeded in being conscious of sin heard him that way, the rest saw and heard him show the way of righteousness. Of cause it does not read that way to you, because you read scripture mindful of the sin you behold in others.
Please quote with references to the scriptures so your words can be verified. The Bereans were praised in the book of Acts because they verified words spoken to them in the Scripture which at that time was the OT.

Acts 17:10-11
(10) And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.
(11) These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity