Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2014, 09:18 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

Believing that the Bible is the final or definitive authority is not a prerequisite.

If you are not walking with the Spirit, it is doubtful that you are hearing his voice.
Aye, his spiritual ignorance covers the whole land, and there is hardly a hole in it anywhere.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:24 PM

210 posts, read 426,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
My heart is pained to think that there are people who actually think like this in the 21st century!! It is quite startling and a wake up call that we still have such a long way to go as a species. I am particularly worried about the developing countries and their ignorant masses vulnerable to this kind of barbaric thinking.
To disagree with the realities of the Old Testament is pointless. Whether I agree or not, it is still real and things happened the way they did for a reason in that time for a specific purpose.

This statement is true: "If the judgments of ancient Israel were administered promptly today then it would be very hard for dead people to get or stay married and therefore there would be no such thing as same-sex marriage"

I agreed to it being true. What is to painful to agree with the truth? How do you translate that into my thinking today?

Old 12-21-2014, 09:32 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
If the judgments of ancient Israel were administered promptly today then it would be very hard for dead people to get or stay married and therefore there would be no such thing as same-sex marriage. That's as far as I can go with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloupha View Post
I agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
My heart is pained to think that there are people who actually think like this in the 21st century!! It is quite startling and a wake up call that we still have such a long way to go as a species. I am particularly worried about the developing countries and their ignorant masses vulnerable to this kind of barbaric thinking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloupha View Post
I agreed to it being true. What is to painful to agree with the truth? How do you translate that into my thinking today?
As it was presented by tthttf . . . it was clearly a plaintive cry against the civility of today. He clearly hates having to tolerate the "abomination" of SSM in modern society. He is saying the problem wouldn't even exist if only our society followed the judgments of ancient Israel. I simply assumed you agreed with him about that.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:32 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times
When one makes the world tolerable for others, he makes it tolerable for himself.

And the negative corollary is also true.

As Fundamentalists attempt to make the world intolerable for homosexuals it also becomes increasingly intolerant of them.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:04 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,982,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Do you condemn to Hell someone you love?
All I can say is right now he is reaching out to you and will continue do so as long as you live. Even though you may not be aware of it. He knew you before you were born. All you got to do is respond back back to Jesus and ask him to be your personal saviour.

I used to see God as an angry God and a judgemental one until I read Joyce Myer "God is Not Mad at you". I highly recommend anyone to read it. God Is Not Mad At You | Joyce Meyer Ministries

Old 12-21-2014, 10:56 PM

951 posts, read 1,052,806 times
1822...1823...1824...1825...we just may make it 2015 before 2015...I have a lot more I can say but I know and God knows I shouldn't...wish I could...some of you out there will know what I am talking about....1826...1827...1828...1829...

Old 12-21-2014, 11:11 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
All I can say is right now he is reaching out to you and will continue do so as long as you live. Even though you may not be aware of it. He knew you before you were born. All you got to do is respond back back to Jesus and ask him to be your personal saviour.

I used to see God as an angry God and a judgemental one until I read Joyce Myer "God is Not Mad at you". I highly recommend anyone to read it. God Is Not Mad At You | Joyce Meyer Ministries
Do you condemn to Hell someone you love? Or are you saying there is no such thing as Hell?

Old 12-22-2014, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Do you condemn to Hell someone you love? Or are you saying there is no such thing as Hell?
Yes there is Hell. It is for God to judge who goes to Heaven and Hell and God is patient with all of us and does not want you and me to perish.

God is full of grace and mercy:
Palms 103:
8, The Lord is compassionate and gracious,
slow to anger, abounding in love.
9 He will not always accuse,
nor will he harbor his anger forever;

Jesus came in this world to save us from Hell. He is the saviour of all mankind. The greatest event in History happened when Jesus appeared on Earth.

God has made it possible for all mankind—every person—to come voluntarily into an intimate relationship with Him. This could not have been possible, in God's great plan, without the birth and subsequent sacrifice of His Son, Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is God in the flesh. He only lived to 30 years old and he died for all our sins. He paid the ultimate price for all of our sins and he knew we are all sinners.

He rose again on the third day. With that he has given us new hope.

There are people that will ask why can't God just forgive our sins so that everyone can go to heaven. In this way, Jesus Christ will not have to take the hassle to come to earth and die for our sins on the cross.

The Lord also has given us a free will to either follow him or not. It is our own personal choice.

Jesus did not only die for our sins, He carried upon Himself the consequences of sin – a sense of alienation from God. As the book of Romans says, this is the love of God, that the wrath of God on this world did not fall on us, but fell squarely on the Son of God
God’s Love On The Cross

I will end this message with one of my most favourite Bible verses:
John 3:16For God so loved the world that he gave his own son, so who ever believes in him shall not die but have everlasting life.

That above bible verse did not mention God hated the world or hated us.

Old 12-22-2014, 02:02 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Yes there is Hell. It is for God to judge who goes to Heaven and Hell
And if God condemns you to Hell, then it's patently clear he hates you.

Old 12-22-2014, 02:12 AM

Quote:
And if God condemns you to Hell, then it's patently clear he hates you.
I doubt that you have truly read what I put down. Also I highly recommend you to read "God is not Mad at you" by Joyce Myer.

I also highly recommend you to attend a church this Christmas. I am sure it is unlikely you would hear any of the preachers saying that Jesus hates you. It is much more likely of God gift to the world which is Jesus and he is the saviour of humanity.

At my church none of the preaching is regards to God hate of the world. Infact it is the opposite and so many people at my church have turned to Jesus and each week people that have never knew Jesus have gave their life to him or once Christian before and have turned away have turned back to Jesus. There are of course always new Christians at my church and always have since I have attended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity