Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2014, 02:56 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No one is insulting you, persecuting you or falsely saying any kind of evil against you because of Jesus.
Some people walk through life feeling persecuted and insulted. That's just the way they are. You could hand them a bottle of water on a 100 degree day and they'd be upset and find a way to tell you off. (The fundamentalist twist is they have a Bible verse handy so they can tell off the person and feel they're getting the big "thumbs up" from God.)

There are the people who shrug stuff off. There are the people who see the humor. And there are the people who think everything is a personal insult. Such is the nature of human beings.

Off course this thread is about homosexuals and they actually have been persecuted for being who they are.... so it's quite.... odd.... that so many 21st Century fundamentalists (who got to go to church today without fear of someone dragging them off to a concentration camp) claim "persecution" every time someone says something they don't like.

Old 12-21-2014, 03:10 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What you reference is the Bible, which was written by men or other human beings.
Now, would you put your son or daughter to death, if they were not like you?

Would you punish your son for what your daughter did?
What is this worse thing that came, upon thee?

Is it something that you follow?

Quote:
Understand something, I do not fear God or Man, nor what He (he) might do to me.
In other words, intimidation is not a factor that moves me, neither AM I
apprehensive.

I was not given a Spirit of fear; but one of power, love and that of having a sound mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
If the spirit you claim you have is not based on God's righteousness then you are no better than the inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah.

They too had no fear....no fear of God.. and they were arrogant and their sexual misconduct which reached into the abominable class of sins included the sin we are focusing on in this thread and caused God to make an example for all to see and instil the proper and right kind of fear -- fear to sin against God.

Now, for some it takes a direct fiery shot from one of God's angels to turn their arrogant hearts to humility to have the proper reverence and fear to disobey the Great God. Show me any example where someone was disobedient to God and did not repent or were destroyed for their error or unless they repent in the coming 2nd Resurrection be destroyed in the Great White Throne Judgment. Satan and his demons are the only ones I know of and they are going to be dealt with in a very powerful way in the coming years ahead.

This sin that is the subject of this thread brings curses not only on the sinners but defiles the land and God's judgment is not very nice but is necessary in what should be done to remedy the situation.

We need to all repent and live godly lives and live by every Word of God.
I am not interested in the thought of you, or anyone else calling down fire?
Let us hear what your humble-heart says, regarding the questions asked.

Old 12-21-2014, 03:31 PM

951 posts, read 1,052,419 times
Quote:
I am not interested in the thought of you, or anyone else calling down fire?
Let us hear what your humble-heart says, regarding the questions asked.

We are discussing a sin against God and not discussing individuals (including myself) except the ones that are examples that God gives in His Word.

John the Baptist told Herod that his marriage was not lawful and Herod's wife saw to it that he got his head chopped off. Should any Christian expect any kinder treatment from the world?

Now, in some cases like Sodom and Gomorrah, God puts to death every man, woman and child if the sins are severe. Let's not kid ourselves. We are created for God's purpose and we should never forget that He owns everything -- even our lives and everything we claim that we possess.

Old 12-21-2014, 03:43 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,980,938 times
I do not believe that homosexuals should be put to death and I detest Westbro Baptist Church stance on it. We Christians are not under the old traditional Mosaic law. Yet Paul's writing on the subject is where the standards Christians are anticipated by the Lord to abide by.

Christians are supposed to love all people including homosexuals just as Jesus has commanded. Loving homosexuals does not mean accepting homosexual practises.http://www.thebiblepage.org/biblesay...exuality.shtml

We are God children. God does not hate us even if we are sinners yet he is always patient on us sinners to reach out to him and to turn to him. Just as a child of a parent disobeys the parent does not mean the parent does stop loving their child.

Old 12-21-2014, 03:48 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
I do not believe that homosexuals should be put to death and I detest Westbro Baptist Church stance on it. We Christians are not under the old traditional Mosaic law. Yet Paul's writing on the subject is where the standards Christians are anticipated by the Lord to abide by.

Christians are supposed to love all people including homosexuals just as Jesus has commanded. Loving homosexuals does not mean accepting homosexual practises.

We are God children. God does not hate us even if we are sinners yet he is always patient on us sinners to reach out to him and to turn to him. Just as a child of a parent disobeys a the parent does not mean the parent does stop loving their child.
If God hates homosexuals so much that he condemns them to an eternity burning in Hell, why should Christians not hate homosexuals? Is it not the duty of Christians to hate and condemn those whom God hates and condemns?

Old 12-21-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
If God hates homosexuals so much that he condemns them to an eternity burning in Hell, why should Christians not hate homosexuals? Is it not the duty of Christians to hate and condemn those whom God hates and condemns?
The Bible tells he loves all of us:
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only son, so those that believe in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.
Romans 5:8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God. who loved me and gave himself for me.
Ephesians 2:4-5 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, evenwhen we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ— by grace you have been saved—
1 John 4:9-11 In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
God Loves and Cares For Us
Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.
1 John 4:7-8 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.
1 Peter 5:6-7 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
Job 34:19 who shows no partiality to princes, nor regards the rich more than the poor, for they are all the work of his hands?
Psalm 86:15 But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.

1 John 3:1 See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
What God Says About Love

Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations,

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Also the Lord is patient to all of us:2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Yes God hates sin and we were born sinners yet still he loved us and knew us before we were born.

However God biggest gift of love to us is Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ paid the price for all our our sins and transgressions.

Last edited by other99; 12-21-2014 at 04:08 PM..

Old 12-21-2014, 03:59 PM

951 posts, read 1,052,419 times
Quote:
God will destroy sinners like the inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah for all their abominable sins but that's not the end of the story for these people.

When they come up in the Resurrection there will be a judgment period and these people will have the opportunity to live a godly life and be judged by the very Words that Christians are to live by today and God's Spirit will be available and it will actually be easier for them to live God's way because they know from direct experience just how evil they once were. Many of them will probably be in God's Kingdom.

God's Holy Spirit makes the difference. These people will not be the same people once they receive God's Holy Spirit and they will have a chance to live righteously forever.

Old 12-21-2014, 05:00 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
The Bible tells he loves all of us:
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only son, so those that believe in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.
Romans 5:8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God. who loved me and gave himself for me.
Ephesians 2:4-5 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, evenwhen we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ— by grace you have been saved—
1 John 4:9-11 In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
God Loves and Cares For Us
Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.
1 John 4:7-8 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.
1 Peter 5:6-7 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
Job 34:19 who shows no partiality to princes, nor regards the rich more than the poor, for they are all the work of his hands?
Psalm 86:15 But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.

1 John 3:1 See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
What God Says About Love

Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations,

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Also the Lord is patient to all of us:2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Yes God hates sin and we were born sinners yet still he loved us and knew us before we were born.

However God biggest gift of love to us is Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ paid the price for all our our sins and transgressions.
So God hates homosexuals, but he expects us to love them?

Seems strange to me that God expects more from us than he does from himself.

Old 12-21-2014, 05:23 PM

Quote:
So God hates homosexuals, but he expects us to love them?

Seems strange to me that God expects more from us than he does from himself.
God loves us all including homosexuals. He has created us all. He would not create any of us if he did not hate us. Yet he wants all of us to turn to him. He is reaching out to everyone of us. Everyone including homosexuals.

Love definition in the Bible:
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails
We are all required to love:
1 John 4:8
Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Also when we turn to Jesus we are also are to repent as we all have been sinners.

Also there would be joy in heaven over just one sinner who repents:
Luke 15:7 ESV / 25 helpful votes
Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.

God sent Jesus into Earth not to condemn it but to save it: John 3,17, So who believes in Jesus is not condemned: John 3:18, Jesus is our subtitute; he took our sinful nature, for the wages of sin is death:Romans 6:22.

Jesus has given us a free will and it is either to follow him or not. The consequences of what we choose in life is for him to judge.

Last edited by other99; 12-21-2014 at 05:40 PM..

Old 12-21-2014, 05:31 PM

963 posts, read 689,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You're back!

I was hoping you'd repent and ask forgiveness from the LGBT community for the most un-Christian attitude you had displayed towards God's children.

I'll have to keep praying for you.
Who do you think are God's children?

This world is Satan's and these are HIS children. God is the Father in whom dwell the Holy Spirit.

The vast majority of humanity - at this time - are God's CREATION, but they certainly are not His children, until they repent and accept the gift of the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit does not dwell in those who are in rebellion against God and His Law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity