Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2014, 12:00 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

Do the parents who support their LGBT children go to hell?
Third chance to give an answer, OP. A simple yes or no will suffice.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:07 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,380,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Third chance to give an answer, OP. A simple yes or no will suffice.
Good luck, the conservative christians here apparently don't like answering difficult questions...I'm still waiting for answers to mine.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
I have a question mostly for the conservative Christians here: In your view, can hermaphrodites marry either sex?
Going once..... going twice.....

Old 12-19-2014, 01:09 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
I have a question mostly for the conservative Christians here: In your view, can hermaphrodites marry either sex?
I started a thread about this topic awhile ago asking who an intersex person should be allowed to marry (in it was an article about and XY female (Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome) and a Texas Judge invalidating her marriage).

Who Can the Intersex Marry? Judge Invalidates Marriage And Denies Death Benefits to Widow Of Firefighter Killed On Duty

Old 12-19-2014, 01:09 PM

350 posts, read 570,486 times
Quote:
Most hermaphrodite individuals typically identify with one gender or the other, am I correct?

Old 12-19-2014, 01:11 PM

10,090 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Your education in Psychology is indeed extremely limited. As in, non-existent based on the above nonsensical bafflegab.

Keep advertising your ignorance, it really helps the cause.
How does a comment like this really serve any purpose in the discussion? It only makes your side of the debate look more arrogant.

Old 12-19-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
It only makes your side of the debate look more arrogant.
Lol. Says the guy who's upset that he has to sit in traffic because there's a Gay Pride parade and he doesn't like having his day disrupted.

You're a conservative Christian..... are you going to answer Jrhockney's questions?

Last edited by DewDropInn; 12-19-2014 at 02:02 PM..

Old 12-19-2014, 02:00 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,380,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmage View Post
Most hermaphrodite individuals typically identify with one gender or the other, am I correct?
Yay! An answer from the Archmage of Winterhold college!..er..wait. This isn't Skyrim..

As far as I know Yes, but they have both sets of equipment so technicially they can choose either/or based solely on how they feel and who they identify more with.

This brings me to the follow up questions I had:

Quote:
..If not, why not? Are you willing to throw them all into the "eunuchs who cannot marry" catagory?

..If Yes (to the original question), are you willing to make the argument that everything is about external physical features and not about internal when it comes to gender issues in God eyes? If so, support it biblically and what about people with xxy or xxxy Chromosomes that look like a particular gender?

For some perspective on this question, I had a very conservative pastor answer yes to it once.

Old 12-19-2014, 02:07 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayTruthandLife View Post
God doesn't love anybody outside of Jesus Christ ...
Apparently, that is your assumption, which you cannot support on the basis of any ...fact.
Just because you believe something to be true, does not mean that it is truth or ...

Old 12-19-2014, 02:10 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,718,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmage View Post
This is an interesting point. Yet, I say that these things are possible because creation itself is imperfect. God is the only perfect being, so in comparison all that He creates can never be as perfect as Himself.

I also believe that, as far as we're told in the Bible, man and woman were the only beings created in God's image, thus we are held to a higher standard. Animals, insects, plants, etc. aren't accountable to God for their actions. I don't believe these things are offered salvation or are given the means of repentance as humans are. Can we really blame them for succumbing to the lusts of the flesh? They also have no knowledge of good or evil as humans do.

Also, God may have said all he created was "good", but who are we to presume what he meant by that? I get what you're saying, and I suppose we could apply that kind of logic to any scripture, but it makes me wonder.
Nice to hear a fundamentalist claim God didn't get it right when during creation. But I think it very interesting that you would believe "choice" is involved with human sexuality. After all God gave us free choice about many things. But how strange that God would create the rest of the animal world with homosexual tendencies in the same ratio as humans. They aren't able to make a choice, but they are made that way anyway.

But what He creates are "abominations."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity