Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2014, 03:11 PM

350 posts, read 570,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Nice to hear a fundamentalist claim God didn't get it right when during creation. But I think it very interesting that you would believe "choice" is involved with human sexuality. After all God gave us free choice about many things. But how strange that God would create the rest of the animal world with homosexual tendencies in the same ratio as humans. They aren't able to make a choice, but they are made that way anyway.

But what He creates are "abominations."
I say this because before Adam and Eve ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, they had no concept of sin. Because we know the difference between what is good and what is sinful, we are held accountable.

I don't really know for certain if homosexuality in humans (or other creatures) is inborn or a choice, but I do believe it's a sin as described in the Bible and that God commands us repent and sin no more. We have the Holy Spirit to aid us with that, whereas other creatures don't.

Old 12-19-2014, 03:18 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,380,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayTruthandLife View Post
God doesn't love anybody outside of Jesus Christ ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Apparently, that is your assumption, which you cannot support on the basis of any ...fact.
Just because you believe something to be true, does not mean that it is truth or ...
(Holds up John 3:16 sign) ...Oh wait, thats just the "world"..can't possibly be the people in it...

Last edited by mensaguy; 12-19-2014 at 03:29 PM.. Reason: fixed quote tag

Old 12-19-2014, 03:20 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Nice to hear a fundamentalist claim God didn't get it right when during creation. But I think it very interesting that you would believe "choice" is involved with human sexuality. After all God gave us free choice about many things. But how strange that God would create the rest of the animal world with homosexual tendencies in the same ratio as humans. They aren't able to make a choice, but they are made that way anyway.

But what He creates are "abominations."
You really should give up the animal argument because it is kinda contradictory if you are going to claim to be a Christian. You are trying to equate animal behavior with human so you are basically saying human beings are the same as animals. No they aren't. God created animals on this earth for specific reasons and functions and clearly gave man dominion over them. God also gave some animals tenancies to eat their young. Do you find that strange or immoral? Animals function on programmed instinct, not moral conflict. I really doubt they have a spirit.

Besides many of the animal homosexual behavior as to do with dominance or conflicts roles, not true same sex attraction.

Old 12-19-2014, 03:25 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You really should give up the animal argument because it is kinda contradictory if you are going to claim to be a Christian. You are trying to equate animal behavior with human so you are basically saying human beings are the same as animals. No they aren't. God created animals on this earth for specific reasons and functions and clearly gave man dominion over them. God also gave some animals tenancies to eat their young. Do you find that strange or immoral? Animals function on programmed instinct, not moral conflict. I really doubt they have a spirit.

Besides many of the animal homosexual behavior as to do with dominance or conflicts roles, not true same sex attraction.
We most certainly ARE animals. We are primates. Our other primate cousins are orangutans, gorillas, chimpanzees and bonobos.

This is fact.

Old 12-19-2014, 03:50 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
Quote:

Yeah, well your last line IS the reason for 100% of the men in Sodom going after the angels that visited Lot. Didn't have one thing to do with homosexuality. The dominance issue, which you try to lord over homosexuals, along with the lack of hospitality resulted in God's wrath and judgment. But that isn't convenient for seeing oneself as other than a bigot.

Get prepared.

Old 12-19-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
We most certainly ARE animals. We are primates. Our other primate cousins are orangutans, gorillas, chimpanzees and bonobos.

This is fact.
Because you say so? I can easily say that it is a fact that God designed the human body.

Old 12-19-2014, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Yeah, well your last line IS the reason for 100% of the men in Sodom going after the angels that visited Lot. Didn't have one thing to do with homosexuality. The dominance issue, which you try to lord over homosexuals, along with the lack of hospitality resulted in God's wrath and judgment. But that isn't convenient for seeing oneself as other than a bigot.

Get prepared.
I've gone over that with you before. Why would God judge Sodom before the men ever threaten to rape the angels? Makes no sense unless you can prove that the men of the town had been regularly raping angels which is absurd. The case for male rape is very weak. The sin of Sodom was sexual immorality according to Jude 1:7. Revisionist propaganda nonsense.

Old 12-19-2014, 06:34 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
(Holds up John 3:16 sign) ...Oh wait, that's just the "world"..can't possibly be the people in it...
Are you saying, he only loves those who believe?
Just asking for clarification.

... never mind, it's the world, inclusive of all the people.

Old 12-19-2014, 06:34 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,380,276 times
Quote:
I've gone over that with you before. Why would God judge Sodom before the men ever threaten to rape the angels? Makes no sense unless you can prove that the men of the town had been regularly raping angels which is absurd. The case for male rape is very weak. The sin of Sodom was sexual immorality according to Jude 1:7. Revisionist propaganda nonsense.
Heh, How convenient of you to only point out Jude. The sins of Sodom are the following:

-Idolatry - Deuteronomy 29:17-26; 32:32-38 Murder, greed, theft, rebellion - Isaiah 1:9-23
-Mistreating the poor, arrogance - Isaiah 3:8-19
-Adultery, deceit by priests and prophets, pride of the heart,
-idolatry - Jeremiah 23:10-14; 49:16-18; 50:2-40
-Cruelty, failure to care for the young and poor - Lamentations 4:3-6
-Pride, greed, laziness, mistreatment of the poor and needy, haughty, abominations - Ezekiel 16:49-50
-Oppression and mistreating the poor - Amos 4:1-11
-Pride - Zephaniah 2:8
-Living after ungodliness - 2 Peter 2:6
-Fornication, going after strange flesh - Jude 1

Sounds like a lot of reasons God wasn't too found of Sodom

Old 12-19-2014, 06:38 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Because you say so? I can easily say that it is a fact that God designed the human body.
Yes, you could.

However, science proves my claim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity