Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2014, 10:48 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
My personal religion is not the subject.

I keep more of the law than most Christians and I have already said enough about what I keep in other posts on this thread if he cares to read them.

The subject is homosexuality.

And the scriptures say that it is a capital crime that defiles the land.

Whether I am or am not a hypocrite does not change the scriptures.

tthttf

PS: Why don't you start a thread and state all of your personal religious beliefs and let everybody take shots at you. Do what you are demanding others do. Okay?
In other words, you're a typical cherry-picking fundie seeking only to put your evil god's stamp of approval on your bigotry and hatred.

I'm glad I won't be the one to look into your life's mirror the minute you breathe your last.

You will see something sickeningly ugly and will not be able to look away.

Old 11-22-2014, 11:32 AM

951 posts, read 1,053,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
In other words, you're a typical cherry-picking fundie seeking only to put your evil god's stamp of approval on your bigotry and hatred.

I'm glad I won't be the one to look into your life's mirror the minute you breathe your last.

You will see something sickeningly ugly and will not be able to look away.
But in spite of all of your personal attacks and trying to drag me through the mud you cannot dispute the fact that homosexuality is an abominable capital crime that defiles the land as the scriptures I have been quoting state.

tthttf

Old 11-22-2014, 12:10 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,947 times
Quote:
But in spite of all of your personal attacks and trying to drag me through the mud you cannot dispute the fact that homosexuality is an abominable capital crime that defiles the land as the scriptures I have been quoting state.
Sure he can, just as many others have done. The problem is you refuse to actually consider something other than you hate filled diatribe against homosexuals.

Trout, maybe the problem is he can't deal with what he sees in the mirror, so he attacks those who are like what he sees in the mirror.

Old 11-22-2014, 12:15 PM

518 posts, read 469,973 times
Quote:
Having recently watched a federal judge overthrow the will of the people in my state who voted to ban same-sex marriage I feel we are in perilous times.

A single act of homosexuality is considered an abomination in God's Word the Bible. Therefore marriage between two homosexuals is off the moral scale as far as abominations go. I think we all need to wake up before our nation is destroyed for this and all the rest of our horrible sins.

There is NO double standard with God.

Here is a scripture from the both King James Version and the Easy-to-Read Version of the Bible:

Leviticus 20:13

KJV:
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

ERV:
“If a man has sexual relations with another man as with a woman, they have committed a terrible sin. They must be put to death. They are responsible for their own death.

The US Government is promoting sin and eventually we are all going to have to pay a heavy price.
It is a sin. No one can doubt that! I think the scripture is very clear how that sin is to be dealt with. I see no room to argue on this one.

Old 11-22-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Sure he can, just as many others have done. The problem is you refuse to actually consider something other than you hate filled diatribe against homosexuals.

Trout, maybe the problem is he can't deal with what he sees in the mirror, so he attacks those who are like what he sees in the mirror.
Sir, I have not called you a homosexual or anyone else on this forum. If you want to join in with the attacks of others against me who have lost the battle in trying to overthrow God's Word on the subject of homosexuality then go ahead but I have not personally attacked you.

Old 11-22-2014, 12:26 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,717,123 times
Quote:

I keep more of the law than most Christians and I have already said enough about what I keep in other posts on this thread if he cares to read them.

tthttf

PS: Why don't you start a thread and state all of your personal religious beliefs and let everybody take shots at you. Do what you are demanding others do. Okay?
But you are in violation of Jesus' commandment concerning not judging others--or you will be judged by the same standard. So if homosexuality is a "capital" crime, then so are your sins. And if you will not forgive homosexuality than you are in violation of Jesus' commandment on how to pray--"forgive us our sins, as we forgive others their sins." Worse, you are calling God's creations "abominations." He created them, and there is plenty of scientific evidence to show that the brains of homosexual men are closer to those of women in structure. So you are in effect telling God He can't do anything right.

So you can preach until you are blue in the face, but whenever you attack someone else's sin, God says you will be attacked for yours!

And that's just the way the scripture reads.

Old 11-22-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
But you are in violation of Jesus' commandment concerning not judging others--or you will be judged by the same standard. So if homosexuality is a "capital" crime, then so are your sins. And if you will not forgive homosexuality than you are in violation of Jesus' commandment on how to pray--"forgive us our sins, as we forgive others their sins."

So you can preach until you are blue in the face, but whenever you attack someone else's sin, God says you will be attacked for yours!

And that's just the way the scripture reads.
You are misapplying the scriptures. I am plainly stating God's judgment against homosexuality. I did not write the Holy Scriptures.

And by the way, Christ/God do "scourge" me and punish me for my sins and the scriptures point that out. I am now in the process of being judged for my sins and God does let me know:

Hebrews 12:5-11
(5) And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
(6) For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
(7) If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
(8) But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
(9) Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
(10) For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
(11) Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Homosexuality is a sin and you should agree with me that it is an abominable sin, a capital crime that defiles the land and one needs to repent of this an other sins to be born into the Kingdom of God. You are fighting against God by promoting this sin and you need to repent of this error.

tthttf

Old 11-22-2014, 12:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopRidge View Post
It is a sin. No one can doubt that! I think the scripture is very clear how that sin is to be dealt with. I see no room to argue on this one.
So, everyone that misses the mark should be put to death?
Isn't it interesting - that we all face death in one form or another.

Try dying to self, and you won't be passing out your judgments of others?

Old 11-22-2014, 12:53 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:

tthttf

What can one say but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRdr_jp-d9c

Old 11-22-2014, 12:56 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopRidge View Post
So you support the execution of homosexuals? We actually want to hear you say that, without obfuscation, if that is your stance.

I suppose since the scriptures are clear, that would be by stoning?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity