Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2014, 09:37 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,650,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You are wildly distorting my original point which is that there are real life consequences to the gay lifestyle. Now unless you can prove to me that most gay men never have anal sex, it's a fact.
Prove to me that married heterosexual couples don't have anal sex! Oral sex is also considered to be sodomy, prove to me that heterosexuals only have sex in the missionary position, as your god intended. There are real life consequences involved in any sexual interaction, this includes orphaned and neglected children. You don't have to be gay to get an STD.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:55 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,717,123 times
Quote:
It only makes you look like a hypocrite since you are the one doing most of the judging against your fellow Christians.
I don't know your heart. But what comes out of your heart in printed words doesn't make many of us feel that you are a Christian.

Old 11-10-2014, 10:00 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
You are wildly distorting my original point which is that there are real life consequences to the gay lifestyle. Now unless you can prove to me that most gay men never have anal sex, it's a fact.
There are female homosexuals too. We don't generally do anal sex, AND we have lower rates of STD transmission than heterosexuals. So, by your standards ONLY lesbians should be allowed to get married.
Right?

Old 11-10-2014, 10:18 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
There are female homosexuals too. We don't generally do anal sex, AND we have lower rates of STD transmission than heterosexuals. So, by your standards ONLY lesbians should be allowed to get married.
Right?
Come on, Jeffbase40 is so intrigued by male homosexual practices, you really need to send him over the edge and titillate him with descriptions of female lesbian practices.

But be careful of the consequences, he might go blind.

Old 11-10-2014, 03:25 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
Prove to me that married heterosexual couples don't have anal sex! Oral sex is also considered to be sodomy, prove to me that heterosexuals only have sex in the missionary position, as your god intended. There are real life consequences involved in any sexual interaction, this includes orphaned and neglected children. You don't have to be gay to get an STD.
Then a heterosexual couple is putting themselves at risk too. But that has nothing to do with the facts. The facts show that over 50% of HIV infections are occurring within the gay population. Not heterosexual, gay. It is very risky behavior, plain and simple. If you had clear evidence that a certain behavior was dangerous, does it logically make sense to avoid it?

Old 11-10-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I don't know your heart. But what comes out of your heart in printed words doesn't make many of us feel that you are a Christian.
I can say the same for you. I have yet to see a response from you that was even remotely friendly or nice. But I'm not here to preach or demonstrate faith. The only reason I bother to respond is to combat the many lies posted about the Bible and the Christian faith. Frankly, I'm tired of fighting with you so just relax.

Have a coke and smile, man. Or at least an olive branch.

Old 11-10-2014, 03:44 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,650,975 times
Quote:
Then a heterosexual couple is putting themselves at risk too. But that has nothing to do with the facts. The facts show that over 50% of HIV infections are occurring within the gay population. Not heterosexual, gay. It is very risky behavior, plain and simple. If you had clear evidence that a certain behavior was dangerous, does it logically make sense to avoid it?
You offer no solutions. What makes sense is allowing same sex couples to marry.

Old 11-10-2014, 04:09 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,919 times
Quote:
Who is making you have anal sex with men? If you want to avoid it then you can certainly do that.

It is true that anal sex carries a greater risk for getting an std, but there are other reasons besides this that contribute to the spread of diseases in the gay community.

Old 11-10-2014, 04:26 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
Having recently watched a federal judge overthrow the will of the people in my state who voted to ban same-sex marriage I feel we are in perilous times.

A single act of homosexuality is considered an abomination in God's Word the Bible. Therefore marriage between two homosexuals is off the moral scale as far as abominations go. I think we all need to wake up before our nation is destroyed for this and all the rest of our horrible sins.

There is NO double standard with God.

Here is a scripture from the both King James Version and the Easy-to-Read Version of the Bible:

Leviticus 20:13

KJV:
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

ERV:
“If a man has sexual relations with another man as with a woman, they have committed a terrible sin. They must be put to death. They are responsible for their own death.

The US Government is promoting sin and eventually we are all going to have to pay a heavy price.
I would say abortion is a far more heinous crime. I would say that unmarried couples living together isn't much different in God's eyes. Having sex outside of marriage period is spoken against just as strongly in the Bible. We are not in deep trouble solely because of one sin. We are in serious trouble because all manner of sins are being embraced en masse simultaneously.

PS: I wouldn't put too much focus on the Leviticus passage. True, the Law of Moses pronounces a sentence of death on homosexuality. It also pronounces the same punishment for being disrespectful to your parents. The list of things that the Law of Moses prescribes capital punishment for is pretty long. Not a very good way to gage the severity of a sin in my estimation.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
You offer no solutions. What makes sense is allowing same sex couples to marry.
The solution is to seek the will of God and He will fullfill the desires of your heart. In the grand scheme of things, marriage is a brief experience compared to eternity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity