Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2014, 02:18 PM

63,967 posts, read 40,253,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The real tragedy is that you are preaching the Bible . . . NOT the Word of God. Jesus never said the human compiled Bible was the word of God. Jesus the Christ is the Living Word of God and the embodiment of the Spirit of agape love. He abides with us. You do not believe He abides with us and do not test the Spirit of anything in the Bible against the Spirit of agape love who IS God. You are in for quite a shock upon your death, IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
Jesus did indeed hold up His Words and the words of the Law and the Prophets as scripture, many times. Yes, the Holy Spirit does abide within me but does not ever contradict Christ, as they are one in the same. The Scripture is all about love, every single letter, culminating with the ultimate act of Love in the sacrifice of Christ.
The Bible is the Word of God, attested by Christ and affirmed by the Spirit living in me. In this there is no question.
As far as homosexuality, there is no hate in Christ, only love and truth. Through Christ we are called to love others more than ourselves, but this does not mean we do not hold fast to the truth of God.
The words of Jesus are the words of God . . . but all the words in the Bible are NOT the same thing . . . ONLY those that are consistent with the Spirit of agape love. You test the Spirit of everything against the words "written in ink" and stone under the Old Covenant. Christians are to test the Spirit against the Spirit of agape love and the truth God has "written in our hearts" under the New Covenant. You have it backwards. You CLAIM the Bible is Christ's words and then use the Bible to CLAIM Christ attests the Bible is the word of God. You take circular reasoning and unreasoning credulity to an all-time high. I fear you are in for a devastating disappointment. You are correct about love . . . agape love . . . but that is all that is important to God. We are to love God and each other every day and repent when we don't. The other nonsense you believe is important has nothing to do with God.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:21 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,257,444 times
Quote:
The words of Jesus are the words of God . . . but all the words in the Bible are NOT the same thing . . . ONLY those that are consistent with the Spirit of agape love. You test the Spirit of everything against the words "written in ink" and stone under the Old Covenant. Christians are to test the Spirit against the Spirit of agape love and the truth God has "written in our hearts" under the New Covenant. You have it backwards. You CLAIM the Bible is Christ's words and then use the Bible to CLAIM Christ attests the Bible is the word of God. You take circular reasoning and unreasoning credulity to an all-time high. I fear you are in for a devastating disappointment. You are correct about love . . . agape love . . . but that is all that is important to God. We are to love God and each other every day and repent when we don't. The other nonsense you believe is important has nothing to do with God.
Same old un-godly doctrines that have been proven entirely false many times over.

We are called by Christ to live in the love and truth of God! Do not be decieved, anyone who preaches love without truth is not of God.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:25 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,252,379 times
Quote:
Same old un-godly doctrines that have been proven entirely false many times over.

We are called by Christ to live in the love and truth of God! Do not be decieved, anyone who preaches love without truth is not of God.
I've seen neither truth nor love in your posts.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I've seen neither truth nor love in your posts.
Hammers do have a tendency to only see nails.

In me there is no truth except that truth that has been revealed to me through God's Word.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:33 PM

63,967 posts, read 40,253,710 times
Quote:
Quote:
Nothing I believe has ever been proven false. The ONLY truth is Christ . . . NOT the Bible. You have made an idol of the Bible and lost the message of Christ in the primitive ignorance and superstition of our barbaric ancestors . . . the very things Jesus came to correct. Agape Love is truth and is all-encompassing. Instead of believing and following the New Covenant "written in our hearts" . . . you retain and perpetuate the Old Covenant "written in ink" and stone. It is very sad.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Hammers do have a tendency to only see nails.

In me there is no truth except that truth that has been revealed to me through God's Word.
Uh-huh - no truth.

God has revealed nothing to you. Or perhaps s/he/it has, but you were too blind to see.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Uh-huh - no truth.

God has revealed nothing to you. Or perhaps s/he/it has, but you were too blind to see.
God is a He and has revealed all truth through His revelation. There is no blindness.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:56 PM

350 posts, read 571,353 times
Quote:
Uh-huh - no truth.

Quote:
God is a He and has revealed all truth through His revelation. There is no blindness.
Could you guys please play nice? This back-and-forth bickering is derailing the topic.

Old 12-18-2014, 03:28 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,384,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
I have a question mostly for the conservative Christians here: In your view, can hermaphrodites marry either sex?
No takers huh? What a surprise...

Anyways, here's some follow up questions based on possible answers:

..If not, why not? Are you willing to throw them all into the "eunuchs who cannot marry" catagory?

..If Yes (to the original question), are you willing to make the argument that everything is about external physical features and not about internal when it comes to gender issues in God eyes? If so, support it biblically and what about people with xxy or xxxy Chromosomes that look like a particular gender?

For some perspective on this question, I had a very conservative pastor answer yes to it once.

Old 12-18-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmage View Post
Could you guys please play nice? This back-and-forth bickering is derailing the topic.
Yeah. Let's get back to bashing those abominable gays!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity