Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2014, 08:12 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,254,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
As black theologian James Cone has stated, "to believe in Heaven is to refuse to accept hell on earth.

Why do people like you enjoy doing that to other people?

Homosexuals are fed up with that kind of hypocrisy, and so is true Christianity.
Fed up with what? What have I done or said that is against the teachings of Jesus? Or is this more of your assumptions and stereotypes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
He also said just because you think you're righteous and cast out demons, doesn't mean you know him. Only those who follow his will do, and his will is to love your neighbors, not demonize them.
I would never, nor have I ever demonized anyone. Thank you. I follow the teachings and example of Christ.

Old 10-31-2014, 08:39 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,718,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post

I would never, nor have I ever demonized anyone. Thank you. I follow the teachings and example of Christ.
You think homosexuals feel your love from your posts? There have been several on here, perhaps they would be so kind as to tell you how your posts make them feel. I'm pretty sure you already know.

Be careful with that "I'm innocent" pose. It may come back to haunt you.

If you follow Jesus, why can't any of us see Him in your postings. We see your judgment and your elevation of scripture above the actions of Jesus, but Him?? Hardly.

So go ahead and bust chairs and point fingers. I know Jesus. Jesus had a way of making sinners feel comfortable and important and accepted. He knew how to make the worst of people, those who deserved death according to the Torah, feel hope in His presense. He didn't try to make them feel guilty. He made them feel loved.

Why not make sinners feel loved instead of judged?

Last edited by Wardendresden; 10-31-2014 at 08:47 PM..

Old 10-31-2014, 08:54 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,928,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
The only church that I have ever been a member of didn't operate as you describe. The lay members did not bring people into the local church I attended. God the Father brought them in. God was the one doing the drawing and not men and we taught that as a doctrine:

John 6:44, John 6:65.

John 6:
44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

I once asked my minister if my sister could start attending with me and he told me no. (You can forget about snubbing people because of their sexual orientation.)

The ministers had to visit the perspective members and examine them to make sure that they were being drawn to Christ by God and not just being drawn by their own curiosity and intellectual pursuits.

In my case, the local minister determined that I was being drawn by God to Christ and I was baptised and had hands placed on me to put me into the Body of Christ. I had repented of my sins and I read in the Bible and we taught that sexual misconduct, sex outside of marriage, was a sin and homosexuality wasn't even discussed because it was just common knowledge that everyone already took for granted was a sin.

We are to live by the Word of God and I do not approve of your diminishing the authority of the Bible in our lives with all of your literary criticism, but that's your choice and you will have to give an answer for it one day and not me.

I do know that from the scriptures that homosexuality is a sin and if one does not repent of it then at the end of the day this person will be thrown into the lake of fire and die the 2nd death. That's pretty plain to me but not so for you.

tthttf
Which one of the 10 Commandments make it a sin?

Old 10-31-2014, 08:58 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,254,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
You think homosexuals feel your love from your posts? There have been several on here, perhaps they would be so kind as to tell you how your posts make them feel. I'm pretty sure you already know.

Be careful with that "I'm innocent" pose. It may come back to haunt you.

If you follow Jesus, why can't any of us see Him in your postings. We see your judgment and your elevation of scripture above the actions of Jesus, but Him?? Hardly.

So go ahead and bust chairs and point fingers. I know Jesus. Jesus had a way of making sinners feel comfortable and important and accepted. He knew how to make the worst of people, those who deserved death according to the Torah, feel hope in His presense. He didn't try to make them feel guilty. He made them feel loved.

Why not make sinners feel loved instead of judged?
When Jesus was asked point blank regarding sin, He answered without shame, did he not? Did He spare the truth to make people feel better about their sin? Not at all. Love without truth is not love at all. You think you are loving by telling people their sin is good and they should not be ashamed and that is not love, in fact how much do you have to despise someone to actually help them to their destruction? Amazing. I bring love and truth. The truth of our sin and God's grace together brings joy and salvation. You cannot have one without the other.

Did Jesus tell the rich young ruler to keep all His stuff? No, Jesus told him the truth, and how did the ruler react? "When the young man heard this, he went away sad.." He was sad!

Re-read the gospels and speak in truth and love, as Christ taught us.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:15 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
When Jesus was asked point blank regarding sin, He answered without shame, did he not? Did He spare the truth to make people feel better about their sin? Not at all. Love without truth is not love at all. You think you are loving by telling people their sin is good and they should not be ashamed and that is not love, in fact how much do you have to despise someone to actually help them to their destruction? Amazing. I bring love and truth. The truth of our sin and God's grace together brings joy and salvation. You cannot have one without the other.

Did Jesus tell the rich young ruler to keep all His stuff? No, Jesus told him the truth, and how did the ruler react? "When the young man heard this, he went away sad.." He was sad!

Show us where Jesus condemns gay people. I want a word for word quote from Jesus Christ.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:26 PM

951 posts, read 1,053,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Wearing mixed fabrics is an "abominable sin" too. You clearly haven't the foggiest clue what the Hebrew meaning was.
We were taught to avoid mixed fabrics. But the level of sin was not on ths same level as homosexuiality.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:37 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
We were taught to avoid mixed fabrics. But the level of sin was not on ths same level as homosexuiality.
Must be darn handy to have a Sin-O-Meter.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:51 PM

Quote:

Now it happened, as Jesus sat at the table in the house, that behold, many tax collectors and sinners came and sat down with Him and His disciples. And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to His disciples, “Why does your Teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?” When Jesus heard that, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. “But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’ For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance” (Matthew 9:10-13 NKJV).

“Known sinners” weren’t full of self-righteous pride, deliberately concealing their hidden sins behind a legalistic façade of “righteousness.” Jesus was keenly ironic when He said, “I didn’t come to call the righteous to repentance.” He knew that the Pharisees weren’t righteous, but their pretense of righteousness kept them from accepting the only remedy for their condition — repentance and faith in Him. The obvious sins of “public sinners” made them more likely to repent and look to Jesus for the answers they needed.

Repent, for the kingdom of God is at hand.

John 3:17
John 8:15

Old 10-31-2014, 09:58 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
We were taught to avoid mixed fabrics. But the level of sin was not on this same level as homosexuality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Must be darn handy to have a Sin-O-Meter.
Use the Sin-O-Meter, and find out how many of the 7 deadly sins are in your neighborhood?
It comes in a wireless version for those who live; and operate on the internet. LMAO

Old 10-31-2014, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Oh, wow!! Somebody who has all the sins classified!!! Would you mind enlightening all of us by giving us a list of the top 25 starting with No. 1? It would be so much easier if we could stay out of the top 25 that God can't possibly forgive. How many of the "lesser" sins (under the top 25) can we commit and remain Christians?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity