Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2014, 06:32 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
Your charges of hate are hypocritical. Personal attacks and putdowns are constant tools you use with your non-biblical secular arguments to defend homosexuality.

God states plainly in the Bible for all to see that homosexuality is an abominable sin and Christ said Himself that He did not come to do away with the law or the prophets and He went on to magnify the Commandments showing that we need to keep them in the spirit as well as the letter.

Homosexuality is a sexual perversion that is listed along with adultery and numerous other abominable sexual sins in Leviticus 18 and if you even entertain the thought of committing these sexual perversions in your mind you have broken the Law and are guilty.

The prohibition against all these sexual sins are all in principle the 7th Commandment.

That "hate" word you like to toss around can be applied both ways like a two-edged sword - it will cut in both directions.

You hate God's Word and His commandments against this sexual perversion of homosexuality and you cannot deny it. You have demonstrated this hatred post after post.

tthttf
Your obsession with homosexuality is noted. Really. Everyone fully understands you want to shake your finger at the gays and tell them they're going to hell. And we get that you're unhappy with anyone who doesn't share your views. Message received.

Now then. When's the last time you fed the hungry, visited the incarcerated, helped a widow or did anything remotely connected to Jesus of Nazareth?

Old 11-24-2014, 06:36 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
Your charges of hate are hypocritical. Personal attacks and putdowns are constant tools you use with your non-biblical secular arguments to defend homosexuality.

God states plainly in the Bible for all to see that homosexuality is an abominable sin and Christ said Himself that He did not come to do away with the law or the prophets and He went on to magnify the Commandments showing that we need to keep them in the spirit as well as the letter.

Homosexuality is a sexual perversion that is listed along with adultery and numerous other abominable sexual sins in Leviticus 18 and if you even entertain the thought of committing these sexual perversions in your mind you have broken the Law and are guilty.

The prohibition against all these sexual sins are all in principle the 7th Commandment.

That "hate" word you like to toss around can be applied both ways like a two-edged sword - it will cut in both directions.

You hate God's Word and His commandments against this sexual perversion of homosexuality and you cannot deny it. You have demonstrated this hatred post after post.

tthttf
Did your religious sect elect you to enforce the "punishable by death" phase of this capital crime? You seem to be on quite a tirade.

Old 11-24-2014, 06:42 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So instead of directly offering counter points, you decide to throw out a thinly veiled insult. This is known as an ad hominem fallacy where you direct your argument at the person and not my points.
I gave you a number of points which you totally ignored. Hence my analogy was perfectly correct. You only saw what you chose to see, not all of the points.

Old 11-24-2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopRidge View Post
I don't recall saying it was? Could you point that out for me?
Perhaps then you could point out where you were opposed to those statements?

Old 11-24-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:

tthttf
So what do you propose we do about all those homosexuals? I know what the bible says... do you agree?

Old 11-24-2014, 06:57 PM

951 posts, read 1,052,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Your obsession with homosexuality is noted. Really. Everyone fully understands you want to shake your finger at the gays and tell them they're going to hell. And we get that you're unhappy with anyone who doesn't share your views. Message received.

Now then. When's the last time you fed the hungry, visited the incarcerated, helped a widow or did anything remotely connected to Jesus of Nazareth?
And yourself?

Old 11-24-2014, 07:04 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
And yourself?
Notice how they always try to shift the focus on you personally?

Old 11-24-2014, 07:06 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I gave you a number of points which you totally ignored. Hence my analogy was perfectly correct. You only saw what you chose to see, not all of the points.
I responded to your bullet points. And your counter argument was basically to just say I am dumb.

Old 11-24-2014, 07:10 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
And yourself?
About 45 minutes ago when I checked on a neighbor who lives alone and is in ill health.

Old 11-24-2014, 07:14 PM

951 posts, read 1,052,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
So what do you propose we do about all those homosexuals? I know what the bible says... do you agree?
Pray and fast that God/Christ will intervene and remove this wickedness just like Paul told the Corinthians they should be mourning that a wicked person in their midst be removed as an example.

1 Corinthians 5:1-13
(1) It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.
(2) And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
(3) For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
(4) In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
(5) To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
(6) Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
(7) Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
(8) Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
(9) I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
(10) Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
(11) But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
(12) For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
(13) But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

2 Corinthians 6:17-18
(17) Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
(18) And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity