Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2014, 08:50 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,253,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Should parents kill their children who talk back to them--as Leviticus states. Same book, only a few verses separating it from homosexuality. Yes or no?
You misrepresent this passage, which is not surprising. These were 'children' because they were under the authority of their patriarchal family, not because they were young. The passage clearly indicates that a trial take place, with the charges of gluttony and drunkenness brought against the individual. This was a capitol crime in ancient Israel but the book of Leviticus provides many protections for fair treatment under the law.

But hey, inconvenient truths, right? Much ado about nothing, per usual...

Old 11-24-2014, 08:50 PM

951 posts, read 1,052,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I don't know if they will, but I have an inkling of who might.

And your attempt to focus the target on simply homosexuality means you shouldn't be on a Christian thread. Because virtually no Christian believes any one verse of scripture excludes all others. That's your dodge.

Should parents kill their children who talk back to them--as Leviticus states. Same book, only a few verses separating it from homosexuality. Yes or no?

Incidentally, you might want to read the book Stranger at the Gate, by Mel White. He IS a pastor, and he IS gay. And he worked as Jerry Falwell's ghostwriter for a number of years (in the closet, of course). So here is a gay man, raised in an evangelical home, who confesses Christ as his Savior. He is repentant. So will he dodge your hell?
No!

He will NOT dodge the lake of fire -- the 2nd death -- and neither will you nor I dodge the 2nd death unless we all three repent of all of our sins.

As the opening post quotes from God's Word that homosexuality is an abominable death penalty crime.

Why can't you repent? It's a no-brainer spiritually. Why have you got too much invested in this evil to let go of it?

Old 11-24-2014, 09:29 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
With that logic, I could simply declare any action to NOT be sin as long as there are no red letters speech from Jesus. But here is what Jesus DID say:

Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’[b]? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” Matthew 19:4-6

Absolutely nothing about same sex marriage there.
That was specific discussion the topic of divorce. Jesus wasn't addressing a same-sex audience. Why would he bring that into the discussion?

Old 11-24-2014, 09:29 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,759,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
No!

He will NOT dodge the lake of fire -- the 2nd death -- and neither will you nor I dodge the 2nd death unless we all three repent of all of our sins.

As the opening post quotes from God's Word that homosexuality is an abominable death penalty crime.

Why can't you repent? It's a no-brainer spiritually. Why have you got too much invested in this evil to let go of it?
If you think it is a sin then that is your right. I am not sure if Jesus would be cool with people so obsessed with condemning homosexuals though. I thought Jesus said that we should look at our own sins instead. I thought he said judge not and you will not be judged, condemn not and you will not be condemned, forgive and you will be forgiven.

Do you think you are better than homosexuals in the eyes of God? Do you think you are showing them love by speaking about them in the way you do?

Old 11-24-2014, 09:42 PM

951 posts, read 1,052,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
If you think it is a sin then that is your right. I am not sure if Jesus would be cool with people so obsessed with condemning homosexuals though. I thought Jesus said that we should look at our own sins instead. I thought he said judge not and you will not be judged, condemn not and you will not be condemned, forgive and you will be forgiven.

Do you think you are better than homosexuals in the eyes of God? Do you think you are showing them love by speaking about them in the way you do?
I am condemning sins. You try to imply I am making personal attacks when I am trying to make it as non-personal as I can.

If you read my past posts you will see that I speak out against other sins as well.

For me to know something is a sin and watch people perish for engaging in this sin and not warn them is something I am responsible for.

We all need to repent of all of our sins not just homosexuality.

But on this thread the subject is homosexuality.

tthttf

PS: However, this sin of homosexuality and other abominable sexual sins will cause the land to vomit the inhabitants off the land. Now, these are big time sins and hurt others by iniquity of those who engage or condone these abominable sins.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:52 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,759,875 times
Quote:
I am condemning sins. You try to imply I am making personal attacks when I am trying to make it as non-personal as I can.

If you read my past posts you will see that I speak out against other sins as well.

For me to know something is a sin and watch people perish for engaging in this sin and not warn them is something I am responsible for.
Is this something the Jesus instructed people to do though?

Old 11-24-2014, 10:12 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times
Quote:
No!

Are you completely sinless? I don't think so. So repentance is continual--for all of us. And yes, if Mel White accepted Jesus as Savior, and exhibits the traits of a saved person--mercy, love, kindness, forgiveness---he will be in heaven--and perhaps you and I will not.

There used to be a tract that on the outside said "What do you have to do to go to hell?"

When one opened it---there was a blank page. How much more does one deserve hell by condemning their fellow man?

Old 11-24-2014, 10:16 PM

993 posts, read 1,767,118 times
Quote:
No!

The more you post, the better this second death sounds

I wonder why you are so invested in it yourself? Normal people aren't so focused on other's "problems". Maybe you have some self-hate?

Old 11-24-2014, 10:21 PM

440 posts, read 377,570 times
I am glad religion is losing power.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:23 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,253,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haukur View Post
I am glad religion is losing power.
'Religion' may be waning in popularity, but don't forget that God is still the ultimate authority and judge of all humanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity