Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 10:40 PM

277 posts, read 227,951 times

Advertisements

Christian Businesses should not be refusing to serve an LGBT (or any other 'sinful' person)... That is a counter productive way of doing things.

Rather, Christians should be using their business to promote the gospel. The business should be focused on bringing the gospel to people and using the profits towards the Kingdom of God-not for fulfilling the lusts of the flesh. In other words, the business should first and foremost be a ministry tool. If it isn't, then what is the point of having it? If you didn't set up your business to serve the Kingdom of God, then perhaps you aren't a Christian. That said...

If an LGBT person (or any other 'sinful' person) comes to your business for a product or service, you should gladly accept their business-and explain to them right up front that; The purpose of your business is to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with them... And if they do business with you, they will be hearing the word of God as part of the service-no ifs and or buts about it. If that is unacceptable to them, let them be the ones who choose to leave... And if they should still choose to do business with you, then make sure above all else that they hear the gospel. Otherwise, all you have done is made money instead of disciples.

Jesus ate and drank with sinners, and He made sure that they heard 'go and sin no more'... If you cannot receive a sinner into your establishment, how are you ever going to preach them the gospel?

The point is; the vast majority of today's 'Christians' are not in business to promote the Kingdom of God, they are in business for the 'unrighteous mammon' so they can have their mortgages, SUV's, flat screen TV's, designer clothing/furniture, the latest technology gadgets, 401k's, vacations, snow machines, four wheelers, vacations,and every other must have lust of the flesh. Start using your business to promote the Kingdom of God and preach the gospel... Receive that sinner, and make sure they hear the gospel at all cost! If you cannot do that, then you just as well close your doors or quit calling yourself a Christian, because you are not serving God at that point...

TC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2015, 10:46 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
That said... Are you a Pastor, seeking his tithe?

Old 04-04-2015, 10:48 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Town Crier View Post
Christian Businesses should not be refusing to serve an LGBT (or any other 'sinful' person)... That is a counter productive way of doing things.

Rather, Christians should be using their business to promote the gospel. The business should be focused on bringing the gospel to people and using the profits towards the Kingdom of God-not for fulfilling the lusts of the flesh. In other words, the business should first and foremost be a ministry tool. If it isn't, then what is the point of having it? If you didn't set up your business to serve the Kingdom of God, then perhaps you aren't a Christian. That said...

If an LGBT person (or any other 'sinful' person) comes to your business for a product or service, you should gladly accept their business-and explain to them right up front that; The purpose of your business is to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with them... And if they do business with you, they will be hearing the word of God as part of the service-no ifs and or buts about it. If that is unacceptable to them, let them be the ones who choose to leave... And if they should still choose to do business with you, then make sure above all else that they hear the gospel. Otherwise, all you have done is made money instead of disciples.

Jesus ate and drank with sinners, and He made sure that they heard 'go and sin no more'... If you cannot receive a sinner into your establishment, how are you ever going to preach them the gospel?

The point is; the vast majority of today's 'Christians' are not in business to promote the Kingdom of God, they are in business for the 'unrighteous mammon' so they can have their mortgages, SUV's, flat screen TV's, designer clothing/furniture, the latest technology gadgets, 401k's, vacations, snow machines, four wheelers, vacations,and every other must have lust of the flesh. Start using your business to promote the Kingdom of God and preach the gospel... Receive that sinner, and make sure they hear the gospel at all cost! If you cannot do that, then you just as well close your doors or quit calling yourself a Christian, because you are not serving God at that point...

TC
Another brilliant business plan, from someone who failed... I mean gave up his business. You seem envious other have homes, and comforts of home and life. You want.

God sees through this.

Old 04-04-2015, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
That said... Are you a Pastor, seeking his tithe?
Tithing is of the law. We are no longer under the law. 'Tithing' is one of the worst things that a person can do- it is a religious act. Jesus abolished religion and told us to do 'alms'- to work with our hands to give to him that needeth from our heart and as God hath prospered us. Pastors today are just fleecing the flock with tithing...

TC

Last edited by The Town Crier; 04-04-2015 at 11:52 PM..

Old 04-04-2015, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Another brilliant business plan, from someone who failed... I mean gave up his business. You seem envious other have homes, and comforts of home and life. You want.

God sees through this.
Envious? Not at all... It makes me sick that people spend their money on the things of the flesh, when they should be serving God. Before I was born again, i was all about the flesh; nice houses, lifted trucks, 'toys', flying to and fro for vacations, twice a day to Starbucks for a $3.95 'Caramel macchiato', spending a hundred bucks a week eating at restaurants... Just to name a few. I gave up my old life for a new and better life in Christ. Jesus removed all of that stuff from my heart, and caused me to see life from the perspective of the gospel. American Christians are lukewarm and don't even know it... Most don't follow Him, they follow the world-while 'claiming to know Him':

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Luk 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

If He has 'taught you', you will do what He said it...

Eph 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
Eph 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
Eph 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
Eph 4:25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
Eph 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
Eph 4:27 Neither give place to the devil.
Eph 4:28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
Eph 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Eph 4:31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
Eph 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

That is the whole gospel in a nutshell, and it isn't grievous. Maybe you should give it a try eh...

TC

Old 04-05-2015, 12:28 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,680 times
So then I have to hear and listen to everyone's "gospel" or "religious agenda" in order to do business with them? No, I don't think so. That is ridiculous. Unless you like to be approached by Hare Krisnas at the airport, then you do not even agree with yourself. Sharing the gospel does not mean "molest people with your personal beliefs" - in fact, that is extremely rude.

Old 04-05-2015, 01:59 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times
Christian Businesses should not refuse to serve the LGBT...

I haven't heard of a Christian business that has refused to serve the LGBT people yet. They don't have signs that say, no LGBT people allowed. They do serve them but some have decided not to do any service for gay weddings since there really is no such thing as a gay marriage in their belief. Christians and many other faiths are taught marriage is between one man and one woman so anything else is not a marriage and is against the conscience to support it as a marriage.

It seems many gays are bigoted when they come across a person that does not support their type of so called marriages. It also seems right now the law in on their side to make people go against their conscience or be fined and or lose their business. That is the crux of the issue.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:41 AM

530 posts, read 903,097 times
Heart & Janelle, you are so right. And I like that term Molest. You said it there. Really. Where is the right to believe as you believe. And the store wasn't against serving them. They were against catering the gay wedding. And it seems the LGBT community are so forceful with their agenda its all them or nothing. No rights or freedoms in between.

Old 04-05-2015, 09:15 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,090 times
Quote:
Envious? Not at all... It makes me sick that people spend their money on the things of the flesh, when they should be serving God. Before I was born again, i was all about the flesh; nice houses, lifted trucks, 'toys', flying to and fro for vacations, twice a day to Starbucks for a $3.95 'Caramel macchiato', spending a hundred bucks a week eating at restaurants... Just to name a few. I gave up my old life for a new and better life in Christ. Jesus removed all of that stuff from my heart, and caused me to see life from the perspective of the gospel. American Christians are lukewarm and don't even know it... Most don't follow Him, they follow the world-while 'claiming to know Him':

That is the whole gospel in a nutshell, and it isn't grievous. Maybe you should give it a try eh...
TC
So says a failed business person. Your business failed, so you became envious of others with more success. If I can't have it, no one should have it.

Maybe you should give honesty a try., eh?

You are using God as your excuse of envy and failure. You keep account of what others do. You even know the price of a cup of coffee, and something called caramel macchiato. That is pretty darned detailed.

That stuff was removed from you, because of your poor personal practices. You have not learned from your failure, so you envy the success of others.

I see you. God sees you.

Old 04-05-2015, 09:49 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Luk 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

If He has 'taught you', you will do what He said it...

Eph 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
Eph 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
Eph 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
Eph 4:25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
Eph 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
Eph 4:27 Neither give place to the devil.
Eph 4:28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
Eph 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Eph 4:31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
Eph 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

TC
I do all those things, and more:

I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.

Don't be so self-righteous or pious, give to others; and enjoy that
Caramel Macchiato.
I cannot count how many times that 'lifted' truck was filled with groceries for those in need.

Having the means to be there for others is a blessing, not a curse.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity