Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 05:59 PM

277 posts, read 227,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It was a suggestion.
Exactly, you assumed that I don't examine myself, so you 'suggested' that I do so... Your suggestion was based upon you 'surmising' something...

TC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 05:59 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Town Crier View Post
Sounds like you are boasting... Just giving to people is not going to cut it:

1Co 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
1Co 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
1Co 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
1Co 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

TC
Try reading it again, twisting things around is not helping your case.

Old 04-05-2015, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Try reading it again, twisting things around is not helping your case.

No I wasn't twisting anything... You said that good 'motives' are always charitable. I was simply stating what you didn't for clarification-giving is by itself nothing. It must be done by charity (love).

Cheers,
TC

Old 04-05-2015, 06:09 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
No I wasn't twisting anything... You said that good 'motives' are always charitable. I was simply stating what you didn't for clarification-giving is by itself nothing. It must be done by charity (love).

Cheers,
TC
It must be done with open hands.
And a compassionate heart.

Isn't love wonderful.

Old 04-05-2015, 06:35 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Naw... the 70% are the lukewarm. They love the things of 'the world' and justify themselves with false doctrines like the one you preach. They have turned God's grace into lasciviousness. Christians from other countries come to America and they are appalled at what is called 'Christianity' here. You are just blinded by 'the god of this world' who has given you the things of 'the world' because you worship him...

Luk 4:5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
Luk 4:6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
Luk 4:7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.

1Jn 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Psa 73:12 Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches.

If you love 'the world' and the things of it... then who is your god? Selah...

TC
You do realize that filling your posts with quotes is not going to actually get more people to listen to you, right? I actually never here Christians from other Countries bring anything up other than American Christians slavish worry over other peoples lifestyles. If you think one needs to be poor to be a true Christian then more power to you. Just don't expect to have too many people flock to your cause over it.

Old 04-05-2015, 06:43 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Christian Businesses should not be refusing to serve an LGBT (or any other 'sinful' person)... That is a counter productive way of doing things.

Rather, Christians should be using their business to promote the gospel. The business should be focused on bringing the gospel to people and using the profits towards the Kingdom of God-not for fulfilling the lusts of the flesh. In other words, the business should first and foremost be a ministry tool. If it isn't, then what is the point of having it? If you didn't set up your business to serve the Kingdom of God, then perhaps you aren't a Christian. That said...

If an LGBT person (or any other 'sinful' person) comes to your business for a product or service, you should gladly accept their business-and explain to them right up front that; The purpose of your business is to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with them... And if they do business with you, they will be hearing the word of God as part of the service-no ifs and or buts about it. If that is unacceptable to them, let them be the ones who choose to leave... And if they should still choose to do business with you, then make sure above all else that they hear the gospel. Otherwise, all you have done is made money instead of disciples.

Jesus ate and drank with sinners, and He made sure that they heard 'go and sin no more'... If you cannot receive a sinner into your establishment, how are you ever going to preach them the gospel?

The point is; the vast majority of today's 'Christians' are not in business to promote the Kingdom of God, they are in business for the 'unrighteous mammon' so they can have their mortgages, SUV's, flat screen TV's, designer clothing/furniture, the latest technology gadgets, 401k's, vacations, snow machines, four wheelers, vacations,and every other must have lust of the flesh. Start using your business to promote the Kingdom of God and preach the gospel... Receive that sinner, and make sure they hear the gospel at all cost! If you cannot do that, then you just as well close your doors or quit calling yourself a Christian, because you are not serving God at that point...

TC
There is no such thing as a Christian Business. there are Christians who own and run business, but it is a ....business and should serve all.

The claim of being a "Christian Business" is used to draw customers who are Christians. It is a money thing.

Old 04-05-2015, 08:26 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
The Town Crier you should hire yourself out to Christian businesses. You could get all fire and brimstone on their customers for them. You could yell at the sinners, and spit on the idolaters. You could point out any evil clevage or loin stirring.

You could fashion yourself after the Gay Mafia. No, really. I am told they exist. You could become the Fundie Mafia.
We can think up a catchier name if you want.

You could preach the side walk in front of Christian businesses any way. Extort payment to bother the customers down the street.

I am totally feeling this. Not in the loin stirring way either.

Last edited by RonkonkomaNative; 04-05-2015 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: adding.

Old 04-05-2015, 09:07 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
....snip... Without faith, it is impossible to please Him. God wants to see a repentant heart and the actions of turning away from sin- Not a bunch of religious works like 'going to church' and paying tithing.

TC
Nonsense.

What pleases God is all living things being what they are to the best of their abilities.

And if those of the higher sentience persuasion wish to toss a bit of appreciation his/her/its way, I have a hunch that appreciation will be appreciated.

Old 04-05-2015, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
There is no such thing as a Christian Business. there are Christians who own and run business, but it is a ....business and should serve all.

The claim of being a "Christian Business" is used to draw customers who are Christians. It is a money thing.
Hey Expat...

I don't know if you meant to or not, but you completely agreed with what I am saying. A Christian should not be in business to draw Christians so they can make money from them... They should be using their business to reach the world and save souls, rather than to make the 'unrighteous mammon' so they can fulfill the lusts of their flesh.

By targeting Christians for their business, all they have done is use the word of God as a profit center, and turned the Fathers house into a house of merchandise. You and I are in complete agreement on this matter. That is exactly what I am preaching against. Your post is absolutely true.

TC

Old 04-05-2015, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
The Town Crier you should hire yourself out to Christian businesses. You could get all fire and brimstone on their customers for them. You could yell at the sinners, and spit on the idolaters. You could point out any evil clevage or loin stirring.

You could fashion yourself after the Gay Mafia. No, really. I am told they exist. You could become the Fundie Mafia.
We can think up a catchier name if you want.

You could preach the side walk in front of Christian businesses any way. Extort payment to bother the customers down the street.

I am totally feeling this. Not in the loin stirring way either.
Ronkonk...

You have completely missed the purpose of my thread... I am not interested in promoting 'Christian' businesses, but to call them out for what they are doing. It isn't the sinner, the idolator, or LGBT person that my thread is aimed at. It is to those who call themselves 'Christians' that are using their businesses to make money, rather than to reach the lost. You have completely missed the point I was trying to make, because you don't like that I am calling the lukewarm Christian out for their ways.

This thread has nothing to do with, nor is it aimed at 'the world'. It is for America's 'Christians' to quit being hypocrites and Pharisees- and quit using the gospel as a cash machine... Go clean up your house, because the word of God is being blasphemed by the Heathen because of your actions. If you were to happen upon me preaching in front of a 'Christian' business, I would be preaching against, it not on its behalf...

TC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity