Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 11:37 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,463,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Town Crier View Post
So if I understand you correctly, you could photograph some of his sins, but not others...? And it's not that he is gay, but that one of his 'gay actions' offends you? That is hypocrisy. But a more important thing I want to know is this; When you are photographing him at the beach, are you going to preach him the gospel-even at the cost of not getting paid for your work...? And at the time he contracts your services and schedules a date for the shoot, are you going to inform him that part of your photography service includes a free and mandatory explanation of the gospel as well? ( after all, your reason for doing what you do is to promote the Kingdom of God-even if it costs you your life right...)

TC
I am not going to present the gospel to him at all, business is business, and I could care less about his sins, I just don't want to be involved in his marriage because it would involve me. It would send a message that I am ok with gay marriage and I aint never gonna be ok with Gay marriage. If two men want to marry each other, then let them do so, it doesn't have to involve me, because there are plenty of people in the photography business to serve the dude, I simply don't want to be forced to doing something that I do not want to do.

I don't want to be a tool that is used at a gay function where two men are getting married because I aint into gay marriage but gay people could come into my burger hut and buy hamburgers all day long and I have no problem with cooking and selling them a hamburger, I don't want to know if they are gay or not, it aint none of my business, I just want to sell hamburgers, I have no set commission to preach the gospel selling hamburgers.

And here is the thing, I have my opinion and you don't afford me my opinion. I have rights or should have rights to deny service to anyone, but you don't want me to have rights because you want to give gay people special rights that stand above my rights or opinions or belief.

My belief wont let take part in a gay marriage, and you don't like that.

You sit here and judge people because people want their own opinion.

You call me a hypocrite when you are the type of person that demands that I bend for you for some unknown reason, you think I can't have my own religion, and I shouldn't be able to have my own opinion if it goes against your created mentality and your created morals and what you think is right.

I have my own set of morals and my own set of laws which I did not create but God created them and God says that a Man should not be with another man, and I believe God, you don't like that.

Too bad.

But just because everyone doesn't get behind your own morals, everyone else is wrong.

Do you have a list of morals and things that you have deemed sin?

Or do you even believe there is such a thing as sin?

I am probably the worst sinner I know and a gay person should feel righteous around me cause he hasn't even begun to understand my evil imaginations.

I don't think I am better than anyone, I only admit my own sins, and what sin is.

Do you have a list of things that shouldn't be done?

I mean, you toss out the word of God and it's standards, so please, where is your list of morals and ethics and the definition of sin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2015, 12:18 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Your own 'abilities' are not sufficient. Without grace (the power of Jesus Christ), your actions are like filthy rags to God...
Quoting verses from the Bible, does not make you his spokesman.
But you do come across as a bitter person for some reason.

Try loving yourself, it may help you to love others?

Old 04-06-2015, 01:13 AM

277 posts, read 227,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I am not going to present the gospel to him at all, business is business, and I could care less about his sins, I just don't want to be involved in his marriage because it would involve me. It would send a message that I am ok with gay marriage and I aint never gonna be ok with Gay marriage. If two men want to marry each other, then let them do so, it doesn't have to involve me, because there are plenty of people in the photography business to serve the dude, I simply don't want to be forced to doing something that I do not want to do.

I don't want to be a tool that is used at a gay function where two men are getting married because I aint into gay marriage but gay people could come into my burger hut and buy hamburgers all day long and I have no problem with cooking and selling them a hamburger, I don't want to know if they are gay or not, it aint none of my business, I just want to sell hamburgers, I have no set commission to preach the gospel selling hamburgers.

And here is the thing, I have my opinion and you don't afford me my opinion. I have rights or should have rights to deny service to anyone, but you don't want me to have rights because you want to give gay people special rights that stand above my rights or opinions or belief.

My belief wont let take part in a gay marriage, and you don't like that.

You sit here and judge people because people want their own opinion.

You call me a hypocrite when you are the type of person that demands that I bend for you for some unknown reason, you think I can't have my own religion, and I shouldn't be able to have my own opinion if it goes against your created mentality and your created morals and what you think is right.

I have my own set of morals and my own set of laws which I did not create but God created them and God says that a Man should not be with another man, and I believe God, you don't like that.

Too bad.

But just because everyone doesn't get behind your own morals, everyone else is wrong.

Do you have a list of morals and things that you have deemed sin?

Or do you even believe there is such a thing as sin?

I am probably the worst sinner I know and a gay person should feel righteous around me cause he hasn't even begun to understand my evil imaginations.

I don't think I am better than anyone, I only admit my own sins, and what sin is.

Do you have a list of things that shouldn't be done?

I mean, you toss out the word of God and it's standards, so please, where is your list of morals and ethics and the definition of sin?

Ok... I just wanted you to clarify your position-and I think you did...? Basically what I read is this; You just want his money and for him not to get you caught up in his sins? You could care less if the guy goes to Hell, as long as he doesn't take you with him... Did I read that right?

Now.. the gospel that I read in Scripture says that there is no fear in perfect love, and to preach the gospel to those who are perishing-in hopes that they may hear you and be saved. You don't want to do that though. Scripture says every tree that does not bear fruit is cast into the fire, and Jesus said that He will take the one talent He gave to you, and give it to him who traded for ten...

You said:

"I have rights or should have rights to deny service to anyone, but you don't want me to have rights because you want to give gay people special rights that stand above my rights or opinions or belief.

My belief wont let take part in a gay marriage, and you don't like that".

I don't believe gays should have 'special rights' by any stretch... I am not asking you to take part in their marriage either, but to preach the gospel to them instead of just turning them away. Yes, they are going to hate you for it and may even kill you (think John the baptist), but perhaps you may just reach one of them in the process. You cannot make their sin to be worse than that of an adulterous man or woman, or you become a judge of the LGBT person... Sin is sin-and if you begin to call out the LGBT crowd, but not the adulterers or idolaters, you make yourself a judge... And that my friend is the most dangerous thing you can do. You have to treat all sinners the same way-'just sayin'.

TC

Old 04-06-2015, 01:34 AM

23,175 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Quote:
Ok... I just wanted you to clarify your position-and I think you did...? Basically what I read is this; You just want his money and for him not to get you caught up in his sins? You could care less if the guy goes to Hell, as long as he doesn't take you with him... Did I read that right?

Now.. the gospel that I read in Scripture says that there is no fear in perfect love, and to preach the gospel to those who are perishing-in hopes that they may hear you and be saved. You don't want to do that though. Scripture says every tree that does not bear fruit is cast into the fire, and Jesus said that He will take the one talent He gave to you, and give it to him who traded for ten...

You said:

"I have rights or should have rights to deny service to anyone, but you don't want me to have rights because you want to give gay people special rights that stand above my rights or opinions or belief.

My belief wont let take part in a gay marriage, and you don't like that".

I don't believe gays should have 'special rights' by any stretch... I am not asking you to take part in their marriage either, but to preach the gospel to them instead of just turning them away. Yes, they are going to hate you for it and may even kill you (think John the baptist), but perhaps you may just reach one of them in the process. You cannot make their sin to be worse than that of an adulterous man or woman, or you become a judge of the LGBT person... Sin is sin-and if you begin to call out the LGBT crowd, but not the adulterers or idolaters, you make yourself a judge... And that my friend is the most dangerous thing you can do. You have to treat all sinners the same way-'just sayin'.

TC

I haven't had sex with anyone in over 13 years, and I am still afraid because of my imaginations, and my past misdeeds. I still think like an animal that lusts and I can only lie to myself for so long.

I have known a lot of gay people and they all liked me and they all knew my view of the thing, they knew I loved them and accepted them as much as I accepted myself because I am way harder on myself than I am on other people. Money means literally nothing to me, but I am afraid to even go in public because I am a hermit and I don't want to deal with people anymore. As far as ministering to people I am a failure both in example and in person. Christians don't even want to talk to me and I always come off as judgmental, at least I am told, but what people don't realize is that I am always in my own little world judging myself continuously and people always say in general,'' I am the biggest sinner.''

But they don't really mean it, but with me it is true, I loath myself in a way that I shouldn't even be around somebody to give them a good opinion. If I list all the laws about sexual immorality, I would have to begin with myself.

I don't know what the answer is, what do you tell anyone about anything?

I think witnessing and sharing is overrated, I don't think it really changes anyone , lol.

I swear that I have nothing against gay people and I have been there, but it is no worse than I think of a man having unmarried sex, adultery or anything else.

Every single time that I catch myself lusting, and especially when I willingly, knowingly get consumed by passion that I am in peril and in sexual immorality although I haven't touched a single person.

Old 04-06-2015, 10:02 AM

11,269 posts, read 11,035,002 times
Quote:
I haven't had sex with anyone in over 13 years, and I am still afraid because of my imaginations, and my past misdeeds. I still think like an animal that lusts and I can only lie to myself for so long.

Every single time that I catch myself lusting, and especially when I willingly, knowingly get consumed by passion that I am in peril and in sexual immorality although I haven't touched a single person.
What a horrible, self loathing way to go through life. Are you really blaming yourself for having a normal sex drive? There are professionals out there that specialize in helping people deal with these sorts of issues. They can help...

Old 04-06-2015, 10:21 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,090 times
Quote:
I haven't had sex with anyone in over 13 years, and I am still afraid because of my imaginations, and my past misdeeds. I still think like an animal that lusts and I can only lie to myself for so long............................................

Awww, Hannibal. God wants you to enjoy this life, and the challenges it brings to you. We were meant to live cooperatively despite our differences. I am sending you peace and light.

Old 04-06-2015, 10:36 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
I think witnessing and sharing is overrated, I don't think it really changes anyone , lol.
You need to know if it's for you or not. Some people are far better at it than others. Some will have to admit they do more damage than good.

Quote:
I swear that I have nothing against gay people and I have been there, but it is no worse than I think of a man having unmarried sex, adultery or anything else.
That's true. Countless unmarried couples have been asked to leave pre-marital counseling when the pastor giving the class learns the couple is already living together (having premarital sex, which is considered sexual immorality). A gay couple would also be asked to leave for the same reason (sexual immorality), but then the pastor is accused of bigotry. Is it more wrong to ask a gay couple to leave than a heterosexual couple? I wouldn't think do, but it seems that it is.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-06-2015 at 11:05 AM..

Old 04-06-2015, 11:02 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You need to know if it's for you or not. Some people are far better a it than others. Some will have to admit they do more damage than good.

That's true. Countless unmarried couples have been asked to leave pre-marital counseling when the pastor giving the class learns the couple is already living together (having premarital sex, which is considered sexual immorality). A gay couple would also be asked to leave for the same reason (sexual immorality), but then the pastor is accused of bigotry. Is it more wrong to ask a gay couple to leave than a heterosexual couple? I wouldn't think do, but it seems that it is.
The church always throws the first stone. Are we to trust the pastor is not molesting and sodomizing the alter boys? The congregants should not fear LGBT, or premarital sex; which does no harm to them.

The congregants should be wondering if their children are safe. The congregation should get their priorities in order.

Old 04-06-2015, 11:07 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,596,541 times
Quote:
It is not sin to be tempted. We are all tempted to sin of various kinds.
Overcoming the temptations you experience is virtuous and graceful.

Old 04-06-2015, 11:38 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,652,324 times
Quote:
Christian Businesses should not be refusing to serve an LGBT (or any other 'sinful' person)... That is a counter productive way of doing things.

Rather, Christians should be using their business to promote the gospel. The business should be focused on bringing the gospel to people and using the profits towards the Kingdom of God-not for fulfilling the lusts of the flesh. In other words, the business should first and foremost be a ministry tool. If it isn't, then what is the point of having it? If you didn't set up your business to serve the Kingdom of God, then perhaps you aren't a Christian. That said...

If an LGBT person (or any other 'sinful' person) comes to your business for a product or service, you should gladly accept their business-and explain to them right up front that; The purpose of your business is to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with them... And if they do business with you, they will be hearing the word of God as part of the service-no ifs and or buts about it. If that is unacceptable to them, let them be the ones who choose to leave... And if they should still choose to do business with you, then make sure above all else that they hear the gospel. Otherwise, all you have done is made money instead of disciples.

Jesus ate and drank with sinners, and He made sure that they heard 'go and sin no more'... If you cannot receive a sinner into your establishment, how are you ever going to preach them the gospel?

The point is; the vast majority of today's 'Christians' are not in business to promote the Kingdom of God, they are in business for the 'unrighteous mammon' so they can have their mortgages, SUV's, flat screen TV's, designer clothing/furniture, the latest technology gadgets, 401k's, vacations, snow machines, four wheelers, vacations,and every other must have lust of the flesh. Start using your business to promote the Kingdom of God and preach the gospel... Receive that sinner, and make sure they hear the gospel at all cost! If you cannot do that, then you just as well close your doors or quit calling yourself a Christian, because you are not serving God at that point...

TC
If you are going to use your business as a platform to peach, please place a Christian fish logo in your store front window, so I'll know to not enter your store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity