Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2015, 11:41 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
If you are going to use your business as a platform to peach, please place a Christian fish logo in your store front window, so I'll know to not enter your store.

A fish logo with Enter at your own risk sign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2015, 11:53 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
A fish logo with Enter at your own risk sign.

Old 04-06-2015, 11:55 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
The church always throws the first stone. Are we to trust the pastor is not molesting and sodomizing the alter boys? The congregants should not fear LGBT, or premarital sex; which does no harm to them.

The congregants should be wondering if their children are safe. The congregation should get their priorities in order.
Have you ever thought about pastors quizzing people on their sex lives? (Questions usually left to medical professions as a legitimate diagnostic tool.) A quiz for the happy couple..... "Before I'll marry you I want to know about your sex life........ You're a virgin? Oh, goodie!"

The fascination with other people's sex lives (including the Duggar-esque obsession with the virginity of their children) is beyond creepy.

Old 04-06-2015, 11:58 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Have you ever thought about pastors quizzing people on their sex lives? "Before I'll marry you I have to know if your having sex........ You're a virgin? Oh, goodie!"

The fascination with other people's sex lives (including the Duggar-esque obsession with the virginity of their children) is beyond creepy.
^That

Old 04-06-2015, 12:00 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:
Have you ever thought about pastors quizzing people on their sex lives? "Before I'll marry you I have to know if your having sex........ You're a virgin? Oh, goodie!"

One of my daughters likes that show, so I watch it with her and we talk about it a bit and that is one of the aspects of the show we've discussed. I have told her that I think it's great for a couple who is dating to set certain standards that they'd like to uphold while they are dating -- whatever standards they are comfortable with. I've also expressed that I find it - yes, I think I actually used the word - creepy, that the parents are so intent on enforcing those standards. It's up to the couple themselves to uphold their own standards, and if they don't, that's their choice too.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:11 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Hmmm.....now we have KKK forcing bakeries to bake KKK cakes.

KKK won the lawsuit.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-06-2015 at 01:11 PM..

Old 04-06-2015, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Have you ever thought about pastors quizzing people on their sex lives? (Questions usually left to medical professions as a legitimate diagnostic tool.) A quiz for the happy couple..... "Before I'll marry you I want to know about your sex life........ You're a virgin? Oh, goodie!"

Ewww, the Duggars. They make me ill. They sell their children to the public. Pimping the kids for reality television.

The Purity Ball. Exceptionally twisted.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Hmmm.....now we have KKK forcing black bakeries to bake KKK cakes.
Prove it. Not the same tired story with the toxic, red dye number 38 ,cake either. The KKK has no legal standing to sue for cake. Do your research.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:40 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
One of my daughters likes that show, so I watch it with her and we talk about it a bit and that is one of the aspects of the show we've discussed. I have told her that I think it's great for a couple who is dating to set certain standards that they'd like to uphold while they are dating -- whatever standards they are comfortable with. I've also expressed that I find it - yes, I think I actually used the word - creepy, that the parents are so intent on enforcing those standards. It's up to the couple themselves to uphold their own standards, and if they don't, that's their choice too.
Sounds like you handle it well, Pleroo.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:44 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:
Sounds like you handle it well, Pleroo.
Thanks Dew. I'm learning as I go along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity