Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2009, 09:25 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,237,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Yes I believe hell is a real place and I believe it is eternal and I believe the only way to Heaven is through Jesus.
Matthew 25:41 "Then the King will turn to those on the left and say away with you, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his demons".

John 14:6 "Jesus told him, I am the way, the truth, and life, no one can come to the Father except through Me".

Tried to rep you but I have to spread them more before I can.

You really bless my heart with your boldness to stand up for the truth!
Love ya!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 10:12 PM

14,879 posts, read 17,148,619 times
Quote:
Au contraire! If you think for an instant that our little will displaces the Will of all wills, think again! Perhaps all/pas does not mean everything to you Lover of N.C., but alas, it is indeed all inclusive, and radically means all. That is why the Living One has spoken by/ through the mouths of the prophets from the earliest ages regarding the restitution of all things.

Fire Is The Portion Of All

These words bring us to the New Testament. There we find that "fire," like judgment, so far from being the sinner's portion ONLY, is the portion of all. Like God's judgment again, it is not future merely, but present; it is "already kindled," always kindled: its object is not torment, but cleansing. The proof comes from the lips of our Lord Himself. "I am come to send fire on the earth," for it is certain that He came as a Saviour. Thus, coming to save, Christ comes with fire, nay, with fire already kindled. He comes to baptize with the Holy Ghost, and with fire.

Therefore, it is that Christ teaches in solemn passage (usually misunderstood, Mark 9:43) that everyone shall be salted with fire. And so the "fire is to try every man's work." He whose work fails is saved (mark the word saved), not damned "so as by fire," by consuming what is evil, saves and refines
Amen!

"Now judgment is upon this world, now the ruler of this world has been cast out, and I, if I am lifted up from the earth will draw all men unto Myself." (John 12:32)

No one will resist His drawing forever...Satan has been defeated. Amen. God bless.

Matthew 25:41Then shall he say also to those on the left hand, Go ye from me, the cursed, to the fire, the age-during, that hath been prepared for the Devil and his messengers; (Young's Literal)

Old 04-05-2009, 06:28 PM

2,984 posts, read 3,345,832 times
Deliverance From The Fear Of Death

For as long as I can remember, I was taught about Jesus. My mother was a Christian and my Father was not (but he was saved a couple of years ago). My mother diligently took us to church every Sunday morning, evening and Wednesday night. I remember as a child crying in my pillow because I thought my Dad was going to be eternally in Hell if he died in unbelief. I prayed every night that he would become a Christian.

Continued HERE

Old 04-05-2009, 06:56 PM

For many, many years I took this to be what Christianity was in its entirety - an exclusive country club of sorts where the "in" crowd would be given eternal bliss for a belief I myself was entirely unable to conjure up within myself, and where those not belonging to the "in" crowd would be tortured forever simply on account of not having gone through a bunch of motions that I saw as arbitrary and pointless. And, as a result, I loathed Christianity. Not only did I loathe Christianity, however; I also could not possibly understand how people could believe not only in the eternal torment of most of humanity but also could love this deity who would do such a thing. (And, to this day, I still do not understand how people could do so.)

But, at the same time, I could not shake an undeniable fear dwelling within my heart. That fear was very simple: what if they were right? What if I was hell-bound, and what if I was going to burn in hell for all eternity? I had read their statements in earnest, saying that all one must do is accept Jesus as one's lord and savior, and hey presto, eternal life. So I tried - many, many times. I knew they told me how "overwhelming" the sensation was of being saved, and I kept trying again and again to accept Jesus as my lord and savior and I kept waiting for that feeling to wash over me. But it never did. I could only come to one conclusion: if God truly did require that in order for me to go to heaven, then he must not want me to go to heaven. And it was on that thought that I stayed for a long time - the idea that I was quite simply unwanted by God. In retrospect, I don't think the utter hopelessness of that idea truly ever sank in, because I surely would have been nigh suicidal if I truly believed that God had created me only to abandon me to eternal torture upon my death.

Continued HERE

Old 04-08-2009, 05:15 PM

The Jewish Encyclopedia

HERE

Gehenna By The Guys Who Read, Write, and Speak Hebrew

HERE

What is to be learned from the guys who read and write Hebrew (The Jewish Encyclopedia: Gehenna)

1. Hell like paradise was created by God and was "very good" and thus created on the sixth day.

2. Opinions on this vary, according to some sources, it was created on the second day.

To be continued.....

Old 04-08-2009, 05:18 PM

Gehenna, Nature & Situation: By The Guys Who Read, Write & Speak Hebrew

Continuation

3. The fiery furnace that Abraham saw was Gehenna.

4. Gehenna has a gate: it was in Zion.

5. Gehenna actually has three gates (3)....one in the sea, one in the wilderness and one in Jerusalem.

6. The gate lies between two palm trees, from which smoke is continually rising.

7. The mouth is narrow but below extends indefinitely.

8. According to one opinion it is above the firmament: according to another behind the dark mountains.

9. It is situated deep down in the earth and is immeasurably large.

10. The earth is 1/60th of the garden, the garden 1/60th of Eden, Eden 1/60th of Gehenna.

11. Some say Gehenna cannot be measured.

12. It is divided into seven compartments: a similar view held by the Babylonians.

To be continued......

Old 04-08-2009, 05:22 PM

Gehenna: by the guys who read, write and speak Hebrew

-Nature & Situation Continued.-

13. The fire of the sun receives its glow from the extent of Gehenna.

14. A fiery stream falls on the heads of sinners: this is the fire of the West.

15. The waters of the springs of Tiberias are heated as they flow by Gehenna.

16. The fire of Gehenna never goes out because there is always plenty of wood there.

17. The fire is 60 times as hot as any earthly fire.

18. The Tiberian medicinal spring is connected to Gehenna.

19. Gehenna is dark regardless of the immense masses of fire: it is like night.

20. It is assumed there is an angel-prince in charge of Gehenna.

Judgment

1. In general all sinners go to hell immediately after their death.

2. The pious go to paradise, and sinners to hell.

3. To every individual is apportioned two shares, one in hell and one in paradise.

4. At death, however, the righteous man's portion in hell is exchanged for two in heaven.

5. The reverse is true for sinners.

6. The depths of Gehenna are commensurate with the depths of sinfulness.

7. There are three classes of men: the arch sinners, the wholly pious and those between the two classes.

8. Those who have sinned themselves, but not led others into sin, remain in Gehenna for 12 months.

9. After twelve months their bodies are destroyed, their souls burned, and the ashes strewn under the feet of the pious.

10. Regarding heretics: hell shall pass away, they shall not pass away.

11. All that descend into Gehenna shall come up again with the exception of three classes of men....

Those who have committed adultery, or shamed or vilified their neighbors.

12. The pious "rejoice" in the pains of hell suffered by sinners.

13. Abraham takes the damned to his bosom.

Please Note: The Jewish sinners are not touched by Gehenna.....why?

-to be continued-

Old 04-08-2009, 05:26 PM

According to the Jewish Encyclopedia, the reason "Jewish sinners" are not touched by Gehenna is because...

"they confess their sins before the gates of hell and return to God."

It is chiefly the "heathen" who are cast into the fiery pool on the Day of Judgement.

1. According to the J.E., God puts back souls into dead bodies.

2. There will be "no Gehenna" in the future world....

However, God will take the sun out of its case to heal the pious with its rays, and with the same rays punish the sinners.

Sin & Merit

1. Unchastity will lead to Gehenna.

2. So also, adultery, idolatry, pride, mockery, hypocrisy and anger etc. leads to Gehenna.

3. Hell awaits one who.....

*****indulges in unseemly speech

*****who always follows the advice of his wife

*****who instructs an unworthy pupil

*****who turns away from the Torah

Merits That Preserve Man From Going To Hell=

1. Philanthropy

2. Fasting

3. Visiting the sick

4. Reading the Shema' and Hallel

5. Eating three meals on the Sabbath

6. Israelites in general are less endangered than heretics or the heathen.

Three Classes Of Men Do Not See The Face Of Hell

1. Those that live in penury.

Penury=

HERE

2. Those suffering from intestinal catarrh.

Intestinal=

HERE

catarrh=

HERE

3. Those pressed by their creditors.

Pressed=

HERE

Old 04-08-2009, 06:29 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,694,526 times

Old 04-08-2009, 06:43 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,562,395 times
Just once I will like to get a straight answer from a uniterian/ universalist. This is simple, it's a yes and no question. If you ask me, Is Jesus the only way? I would say, YES! Now your turn. Do you believe that all roads lead to heaven, you can be a buddhist, Muslim etc....and still go heaven. YES OR NO?

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 04-08-2009 at 06:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity