Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2015, 05:10 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,921,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Keep telling yourself this even in the day that G-d proves to you that He did not reject His Chosen People...The Jews...

My post does not condemn Israel...

I thought JW's did not believe in eternal hell?...

I bet you were one of those worshipping David Koresh, weren't you?...

The JW teachers are not correct on this matter...Never have been and never will be...

HaShem's Moshiach hasn't come yet...Your OT tells you explicitly what the Moshiach will do when he arrives...

And, seeing how the early church consisted of all Jews, it is fairly obvious that the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel, that he was sent to seek and save, did not reject him and in fact he completed his mission successfully...So, no they did not reject him...

BTW, you really didn't address any of my points in there...

There is no eternal hell--there is destruction.
I know nothing of David Koresh, except a false teacher.
Jesus is the Messiah.
Yes many left the jewish religion back then to follow Jesus. The Jewish teachers( religion) rejected him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 04:03 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
There is no eternal hell--there is destruction.
I know nothing of David Koresh, except a false teacher.
Jesus is the Messiah.
Yes many left the jewish religion back then to follow Jesus. The Jewish teachers( religion) rejected him.
Wait a minute, I thought you said that Israel rejected him?...Now you are stating that it was just the Jewish teachers?...This flip-flopping back and forth isn't going to cut it...

Those early Jews never abandoned Judaism...

Yes, Jesus is the Messiah and so are your Elders...

Old 09-28-2015, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
"Anyone who rejects me and does not accept my words he already has his judge namely the words I have spoken that's what will condemn him on the last day." (Son of man)
Mind giving a verse reference to that?...

Old 09-28-2015, 04:33 PM

Quote:
The whole world raises up against--spiritual Israel= Gods chosen--they serve YHVH( Jehovah) as the only true God and accept Jesus as the Messiah.
Show me in Daniel where it says that it is a spiritual Israel...What you are saying is that the whole world raises up against the Watch-Tower?...

Quote:
I said nothing about not going to heaven--Gods word numbered who is bought from the earth=144,000=literal. Rev 14:3)== the little flock( Luke 12:32)=the bride of Christ. only these are promised heaven---don't you believe the psalmist--Psalm 37:9,11,29-- the righteous themselves will possess the earth and reside forever upon it--this is the great multitude and some resurrected.
Psalms is talking about the Jews...How can you be a bride of Christ and a son of G-d?...Jesus has the same G-d that you have and I have and we all have...So, that makes us brothers of Christ so how then can we be his bride?...

Quote:
If you want to go through life believing that one who rejects Jesus wont be rejected by God--then you live in darkness. 70ad proved what occurs to those who reject Jesus--because the Roman army left--the ones who listened to Jesus fled to the mountains--those who rejected what Jesus said--died when the Roman army came back.
Who fled to the mountains when Jerusalem was attacked by the Romans?...

Following Herod's death, a Roman garrison remained to guard Masada. At the beginning of the Great Revolt (67-73 CE), in which the Jews of Israel rose up against the Roman yoke, a band of daring rebels overcame the mountain's guards and captured Masada. They were known as the Sicarii because of the dagger, called a sica, which each one carried.

After the fall of Jerusalem and the destruction of the Temple in 70 CE, hundreds of Jews joined the Sicarii on the mountain top. These brave men, women and children, dedicated to the eradication of pagan rule in the Land of Israel, are known as Zealots. It is their harrowing tale that has become an eternal symbol of the Jewish fight for freedom. - Masada - A mountain of history - Israel Guide - Jerusalem Post

Sicarii is a term applied, in the decades immediately preceding the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 CE, to an extremist splinter group of the Jewish Zealots, who attempted to expel the Romans and their partisans from the Roman province of Judea. The Sicarii carried sicae, or small daggers, concealed in their cloaks, hence their name.
Quote:
Jesus himself will be leading Gods armies to the earth to protect his true followers at Har-mageddon, and rid Gods earth of all wickedness and the wicked. And you don't believe that the ones who went through life rejecting him wont be rejected by him as well?
Here is judgement scenario--these did not reject Jesus, they did powerful works in his name--Matt 7:22-23--yet Jesus tells them to get away from him, he never even knew them--so if Jesus will reject those who tried to serve him he surely will reject those who reject him.
No, he will be leading the Armies to attack those nations attacking Israel...This all transpires in the Middle East...Are you in the Middle East?...Are you going to be?...

So, he rejects those...Big Deal...If, as you claim, there is no Hell, then what's the big deal...You are just destroyed and exist no more...

Old 09-29-2015, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Show me in Daniel where it says that it is a spiritual Israel...What you are saying is that the whole world raises up against the Watch-Tower?...

Psalms is talking about the Jews...How can you be a bride of Christ and a son of G-d?...Jesus has the same G-d that you have and I have and we all have...So, that makes us brothers of Christ so how then can we be his bride?...

Who fled to the mountains when Jerusalem was attacked by the Romans?...

Following Herod's death, a Roman garrison remained to guard Masada. At the beginning of the Great Revolt (67-73 CE), in which the Jews of Israel rose up against the Roman yoke, a band of daring rebels overcame the mountain's guards and captured Masada. They were known as the Sicarii because of the dagger, called a sica, which each one carried.

After the fall of Jerusalem and the destruction of the Temple in 70 CE, hundreds of Jews joined the Sicarii on the mountain top. These brave men, women and children, dedicated to the eradication of pagan rule in the Land of Israel, are known as Zealots. It is their harrowing tale that has become an eternal symbol of the Jewish fight for freedom. - Masada - A mountain of history - Israel Guide - Jerusalem Post

Sicarii is a term applied, in the decades immediately preceding the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 CE, to an extremist splinter group of the Jewish Zealots, who attempted to expel the Romans and their partisans from the Roman province of Judea. The Sicarii carried sicae, or small daggers, concealed in their cloaks, hence their name.
No, he will be leading the Armies to attack those nations attacking Israel...This all transpires in the Middle East...Are you in the Middle East?...Are you going to be?...

So, he rejects those...Big Deal...If, as you claim, there is no Hell, then what's the big deal...You are just destroyed and exist no more...

Rev 16 says--Every kingdom on earth will be involved. and every kingdom on earth will be crushed( Daniel 2:44) by Gods king and his armies.

Old 09-29-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Wait a minute, I thought you said that Israel rejected him?...Now you are stating that it was just the Jewish teachers?...This flip-flopping back and forth isn't going to cut it...

Those early Jews never abandoned Judaism...

Yes, Jesus is the Messiah and so are your Elders...

The majority followed along with the Pharisees and saducees.
The followers of Jesus abandoned Judaism( written law) Jesus brought a new covenant( Love of God and of their neighbor)-law written on hearts)if one has this love--their heart wouldn't even consider breaking any of the Laws written on paper to begin with. In todays world many professing to be followers of Jesus have premeditated, return evil for evil in their hearts. They are fooling themselves. Too many teachers of darkness that don't apply-- Jesus-- in the religion. Most claiming to be Christian don't have a clue as to what Jesus taught.
The Pope spoke the other day at congress--no mention of Jesus or Gods kingdom, nothing.

Old 09-29-2015, 04:56 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times
Quote:
History shows the majority of Jews did reject Jesus.

Please notice Acts 6:7 because a great company of priests (religious teachers) became obedient to the faith.

Some of the Pharisees did become believers - Acts 15:5

So, Israel as a whole rejected Jesus, but some out of Israel did accept Jesus - Acts 2:41; Acts 4:4; Acts 8:12
Those thousands that accepted Jesus then were made up of both some Jewish teachers besides non-teachers.

Why did God abandon the Jewish house of worship - Matthew 23:38 - but because of them proving unfaithful.

Old 09-29-2015, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
History shows the majority of Jews did reject Jesus.

Please notice Acts 6:7 because a great company of priests (religious teachers) became obedient to the faith.

Some of the Pharisees did become believers - Acts 15:5

So, Israel as a whole rejected Jesus, but some out of Israel did accept Jesus - Acts 2:41; Acts 4:4; Acts 8:12
Those thousands that accepted Jesus then were made up of both some Jewish teachers besides non-teachers.

Why did God abandon the Jewish house of worship - Matthew 23:38 - but because of them proving unfaithful.
Jesus was sent only to the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel...Considering that the early church was majority Jew, observing Judaism still, tells one that he actually accomplished what he was sent to do...Seek and save the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel...He didn't say that he was sent to the whole of the Israelites or Jews, just the Lost Sheep...Just because the Temple was destroyed does not mean that G-d abandoned His Chosen People...

Old 09-29-2015, 05:20 PM

Quote:
The majority followed along with the Pharisees and saducees.
So?...He was only sent to seek and save the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel...

Quote:
The followers of Jesus abandoned Judaism( written law) Jesus brought a new covenant( Love of God and of their neighbor)-law written on hearts)if one has this love--their heart wouldn't even consider breaking any of the Laws written on paper to begin with.
Law written on the heart???...What are you talking about?...

Quote:
In todays world many professing to be followers of Jesus have premeditated, return evil for evil in their hearts. They are fooling themselves. Too many teachers of darkness that don't apply-- Jesus-- in the religion. Most claiming to be Christian don't have a clue as to what Jesus taught.
Actually, neither do you and that's a fact...

Quote:
The Pope spoke the other day at congress--no mention of Jesus or Gods kingdom, nothing.
Well, I figured you'd say that...JWs are extreme Catholic haters...

Old 09-29-2015, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Rev 16 says--Every kingdom on earth will be involved. and every kingdom on earth will be crushed( Daniel 2:44) by Gods king and his armies.
Ya, every kingdom except Israel, because they will be the ones being attacked by the Nations...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity