Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2015, 04:36 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,921,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeliver View Post
Elijah accended:-

Kings 2. 11 Now as they walked on, talking as they went, a chariot of fire appeared and horses of fire coming between the two of them; and went up to in the whirlwind. 12 Elisha saw it, and shouted, 'My father! My father!

You must have missed this--10 years after the chariot event--Elijah wrote a letter to the king-2Chron 21:12-15)

The term heaven was used in 3 separate meanings throughout the bible
1) our atmosphere)
2) outer space
3) the dwelling place of God

in Elijah' chariot event--#1 applies--he was taken to another part of the earth-retired--Elisha took over.--thus the capability to write that letter 10 years later.
Jesus was the first to ever enter #3 from earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
They did not reject a new covenant at all...Well, if G-d told them to be on the look-out for a mighty king, then, don't you suppose that that's what they were looking for?...If I told you to be on the look-out for a man in a red shirt, would you be looking for a man in a blue shirt?...

G-d did not cut His Chosen off...Even Paul says that...So, where are you getting this from?...The Watch-Tower?...

My wife was born into and raised as a Jehovah's Witness her whole life, and she would tear you up one side and down the other for your mis-information...

ask her, I approve fully if she is an actual JW. Matt 23:37-38 is truth= cut off--unless they accept Jesus as the Messiah=100% fact.

Old 09-19-2015, 08:27 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
ask her, I approve fully if she is an actual JW. Matt 23:37-38 is truth= cut off--unless they accept Jesus as the Messiah=100% fact.
I just asked her last night and she said that anybody can claim to be a JW, it doesn't mean that they are and she says that in her whole life in the congregation she never heard of Jehovah cutting His people off (i.e. rejecting them), the Jews are still His Chosen...Because Matthew is taking about Jerusalem specifically, not all Israel...Jerusalem is not synonymous with Israel...Jerusalem was the center for religious observance, Jerusalem was where the Temple stood and the Priests offered up sacrifices to G-d, Jerusalem was responsible for the spiritual guidance of Israel...

Mat 23:37 `Jerusalem, Jerusalem, that art killing the prophets, and stoning those sent unto thee, how often did I will to gather thy children together, as a hen doth gather her own chickens under the wings, and ye did not will.

(It says Jerusalem, not Israel)

Mat 23:38 Lo, left desolate to you is your house; (Jerusalem's House, i.e. the Temple)

Mat 23:39 for I say to you, ye may not see me henceforth, till ye may say, Blessed is he who is coming in the name of the Lord.'

This last is common for the Jews to bless those who come bearing a message from HaShem...

My wife also asked me why I bother arguing with an obvious idiot that obviously doesn't know JW doctrine...Her words, not mine...Like I said, my wife could tear you up one side and down the other with her knowledge...It is all she knew growing up and was very dedicated...

Old 09-19-2015, 08:33 AM

Quote:
You must have missed this--10 years after the chariot event--Elijah wrote a letter to the king-2Chron 21:12-15)

1) our atmosphere)
2) outer space

in Elijah' chariot event--#1 applies--he was taken to another part of the earth-retired--Elisha took over.--thus the capability to write that letter 10 years later.
I don't disagree with you on this...

Old 09-19-2015, 02:48 PM

Quote:
I don't disagree with you on this...

Sometimes you show wisdom above others. I appreciate having discussions with you Richard1965.

Old 09-19-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
I just asked her last night and she said that anybody can claim to be a JW, it doesn't mean that they are and she says that in her whole life in the congregation she never heard of Jehovah cutting His people off (i.e. rejecting them), the Jews are still His Chosen...Because Matthew is taking about Jerusalem specifically, not all Israel...Jerusalem is not synonymous with Israel...Jerusalem was the center for religious observance, Jerusalem was where the Temple stood and the Priests offered up sacrifices to G-d, Jerusalem was responsible for the spiritual guidance of Israel...

Mat 23:37 `Jerusalem, Jerusalem, that art killing the prophets, and stoning those sent unto thee, how often did I will to gather thy children together, as a hen doth gather her own chickens under the wings, and ye did not will.

(It says Jerusalem, not Israel)

Mat 23:38 Lo, left desolate to you is your house; (Jerusalem's House, i.e. the Temple)

Mat 23:39 for I say to you, ye may not see me henceforth, till ye may say, Blessed is he who is coming in the name of the Lord.'

This last is common for the Jews to bless those who come bearing a message from HaShem...

My wife also asked me why I bother arguing with an obvious idiot that obviously doesn't know JW doctrine...Her words, not mine...Like I said, my wife could tear you up one side and down the other with her knowledge...It is all she knew growing up and was very dedicated...

Your wife is mistaken--I know exactly what the JW,s teach on that matter--literal Israel is cut off--spiritual Israel is now Gods chosen. This is fact.
Any Israelite on the planet can accept Jesus as the messiah--some have. But it is a requirement with 0 doubt.

Old 09-19-2015, 03:08 PM

24 posts, read 12,648 times
Quote:

1) our atmosphere)
2) outer space

Funny 2Chron 21,12-15
Says nothing of the sort, why are you lying?

And kings 2 does say:- 11 Now as they walked on, talking as they went, a chariot of fire appeared and horses of fire coming between the two of them; and Elijah went up to Heaven in the whirlwind.

Maybe you should read 2 Chron 12-15 as you have clearly mis understood it

12 Something written by the prophet Elijah then came into his hands. It said, 'Yahweh, god of your ancestor David, says this, "Since you have not followed the example of your father Jehoshaphat or of Asa king of Judah, 13 but have followed the example of the kings of Israel and have led Judah and the citizens of Jerusalem into apostasy, just as the House of Ahab has led Israel into apostasy, and have even murdered your brothers, your own family, who were better men than you,
14 Yahweh is going to afflict your people, your sons, your wives and all your property with a great calamity,
15 and you yourself with a severe disease affecting your bowels, as a result of which disease, continuing day after day, you will suffer protrusion of your bowels." '

Old 09-19-2015, 03:14 PM

Not forgetting that part of the reason Elijah is prophecied to come before the Messiah, was because he had not died and had risen in to heaven.

Old 09-19-2015, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
John 3:13 (NKJV)
13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.

Acts 2:34-35 (NKJV)

34 “For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he says himself:
‘The Lord said to my Lord,
“Sit at My right hand,
35 Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.

Jesus also said no one has ever ascend to heaven but him, so why do we think the moment we die, we go directly to heaven or hell?
13 No one has gone up to heaven except the one who came down from heaven.

There could be an issue with the translation.

But generally it appears to me that anyone who has come down from heaven could therefore go back. As the Angels do for example.
And as Elijah has.

Ofcourse your question is actually about humans.

Jesus says however:-
John 14
1 Do not let your hearts be troubled. You trust in God, trust also in me. 2 In my Father's house there are many places to live in; otherwise I would have told you. I am going now to prepare a place for you,
3 and after I have gone and prepared you a place, I shall return to take you to myself, so that you may be with me where I am.

So it appears Jesus offers a place in heaven to those who are with him, weather that is extended to all people that follow him is a question, sinners are certainly not included-

John 8.
34 Jesus replied: In all truth I tell you, everyone who commits sin is a slave. 35 Now a slave has no permanent standing in the household, but a son belongs to it for ever.

So Christian sinners will face Judgement, and probably go to sheol till the judgement(they sleep); Hell ofcourse does not come into existence untill arround the time of the judgement.

For the other sin less Christians
“Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life

Last edited by Yeliver; 09-19-2015 at 03:44 PM..

Old 09-19-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeliver View Post
Not forgetting that part of the reason Elijah is prophecied to come before the Messiah, was because he had not died and had risen in to heaven.
No, he didn't go to heaven...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity