Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2015, 12:27 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,921,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Nope, I'm sorry, you're wrong again...144,000 Jewish male virgins...That is what is states and that is what it means...They are there to proselytize the Jews in the last days...It has nothing to do with Peter and his era...
Then you must be expecting a 7 headed beast to step out of the sea during these last days, as well as a two horned beast, that excercises all authority of the 7 headed beast--What a sight for all to behold. Much symbolism was used in Revelation. And Peter being married proves my teachers are correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2015, 01:57 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Then you must be expecting a 7 headed beast to step out of the sea during these last days, as well as a two horned beast, that excercises all authority of the 7 headed beast--What a sight for all to behold. Much symbolism was used in Revelation. And Peter being married proves my teachers are correct.
Well, 144,000, 12,000 each from each of the 12 tribes of Israel and Male Virgins is pretty black and white, no symbolism there...

Old 09-14-2015, 08:32 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,543,379 times
Quote:
Nope...The 144,000 are Jews, 12,000 from each of the 12 Tribes (Jewish, Male, Virgins, at that)...Stop reading Watchtower material and start reading the bible and maybe you'll learn something...
We agree on that! Thumps up to you!

Old 09-14-2015, 09:15 AM

689 posts, read 550,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
John 3:13 (NKJV)
13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.

Acts 2:34-35 (NKJV)

34 “For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he says himself:
‘The Lord said to my Lord,
“Sit at My right hand,
35 Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.

Jesus also said no one has ever ascend to heaven but him, so why do we think the moment we die, we go directly to heaven or hell?
Heaven is God's dwelling place and is represented by the Most Holy Place in the heavenly Tabernacle as described by Paul in Hebrews. The second curtain blocking humans from entering heaven is opened by Jesus (symbolically the curtain was torn apart at the last moment when Jesus was on the cross). The opening of the second curtain is a sign of reconciliation between God and man.

Revelation 15:5-8 (NIV)
After this I looked, and I saw in heaven the temple—that is, the tabernacle of the covenant law—and it was opened.
Out of the temple came the seven angels with the seven plagues. They were dressed in clean, shining linen and wore golden sashes around their chests.
Then one of the four living creatures gave to the seven angels seven golden bowls filled with the wrath of God, who lives for ever and ever.
And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God and from his power, and no one could enter the temple until the seven plagues of the seven angels were completed.

Heaven (God's dwelling place) is represented as the "temple" in book of revelation. Currently no humans are there. Only God and Jesus and angels are currently there. Humans can only set foot in heaven after the Judgment Day.

Elijah and Moses are in another place called Paradise - a household for human souls. Paradise has two locations, one in Hades where the thief on the cross next to Jesus went there. The other is referred to as Abraham's Bosom which is not in Hades but in the third heaven. Chosen saints including Elijah and Moses are here.

Last edited by Hawkins; 09-14-2015 at 09:35 AM..

Old 09-14-2015, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Where is this stated?...
ACTS 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

ROM 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

COL 3:25 But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.

JAS 2:1 My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.

From the Tanach Gen:17:5 "And your name shall no longer be called Abram, but your name shall be Abraham, for I have made you the father of a multitude of nations."

We Gentles have the right to call Abraham our father concerning Faith and lineage even though not of Israel as that was given only to the lineage of Isaac the son of Abraham but nevertheless we are of Abraham and blessed and so we who are of the Faith bless the nation of Israel.

Yes indeed, Abrahams seed also includes us Gentles who partake of the everlasting Covenant which is the New because the Old is obsolete.

The Tanach speaks of the New Covenant in Jeremiah chapter 31.
30.Behold, days are coming, says the Lord, and I will form a covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, a new covenant.
31.Not like the covenant [the Old Covenant] that I formed with their forefathers on the day I took them by the hand to take them out of the land of Egypt, that they broke My covenant, although I was a lord over them, says the Lord.

Also from the Tanach in Isaiah chapter 52
10.The Lord has revealed His holy arm before the eyes of all the nations, and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.
11.Turn away, turn away, get out of there, touch no unclean one; get out of its midst, purify yourselves, you who bear the Lord's vessels.
12.For not with haste shall you go forth and not in a flurry of flight shall you go, for the Lord goes before you, and your rear guard is the God of Israel.
13.Behold My servant shall prosper; he shall be exalted and lifted up, and he shall be very high.
14.As many wondered about you, "How marred his appearance is from that of a man, and his features from that of people!"
15.So shall he cast down many nations; kings shall shut their mouths because of him, for, what had not been told them they saw, and [at] what they had not heard they gazed.

Please answer this question that is from the from the Tanach in Proverbs 30:4
"Who ascended to heaven and descended? Who gathered wind in his fists? Who wrapped the waters in a garment? Who established all the ends of the earth? What is his name and what is the name of his son, if you know?

And so who is this who descended to bring salvation to the ends of the earth but was rejected, beaten beyond recognition, crucified and then ascended. The evil of man has rejected and even shed His blood but God turned that around to point the finger at our uncleanness, our unloveliness. God has turned the table and now His blood becomes Atonement if we repent of even rejecting. Then and only then can we receive mercy but if that is rejected then what hope is there. This is from the Tanach in Leviticus 17:11 "For the soul of the flesh is in the blood, and I have therefore given it to you [to be placed] upon the altar, to atone for your souls. For it is the blood that atones for the soul."
There is no other Atonement for Jew nor Gentle!

Old 09-14-2015, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
ACTS 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

ROM 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

COL 3:25 But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.

JAS 2:1 My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.

From the Tanach Gen:17:5 "And your name shall no longer be called Abram, but your name shall be Abraham, for I have made you the father of a multitude of nations."

We Gentles have the right to call Abraham our father concerning Faith and lineage even though not of Israel as that was given only to the lineage of Isaac the son of Abraham but nevertheless we are of Abraham and blessed and so we who are of the Faith bless the nation of Israel.

Yes indeed, Abrahams seed also includes us Gentles who partake of the everlasting Covenant which is the New because the Old is obsolete.

The Tanach speaks of the New Covenant in Jeremiah chapter 31.
30.Behold, days are coming, says the Lord, and I will form a covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, a new covenant.
31.Not like the covenant [the Old Covenant] that I formed with their forefathers on the day I took them by the hand to take them out of the land of Egypt, that they broke My covenant, although I was a lord over them, says the Lord.

Also from the Tanach in Isaiah chapter 52
10.The Lord has revealed His holy arm before the eyes of all the nations, and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.
11.Turn away, turn away, get out of there, touch no unclean one; get out of its midst, purify yourselves, you who bear the Lord's vessels.
12.For not with haste shall you go forth and not in a flurry of flight shall you go, for the Lord goes before you, and your rear guard is the God of Israel.
13.Behold My servant shall prosper; he shall be exalted and lifted up, and he shall be very high.
14.As many wondered about you, "How marred his appearance is from that of a man, and his features from that of people!"
15.So shall he cast down many nations; kings shall shut their mouths because of him, for, what had not been told them they saw, and [at] what they had not heard they gazed.

Please answer this question that is from the from the Tanach in Proverbs 30:4
"Who ascended to heaven and descended? Who gathered wind in his fists? Who wrapped the waters in a garment? Who established all the ends of the earth? What is his name and what is the name of his son, if you know?

And so who is this who descended to bring salvation to the ends of the earth but was rejected, beaten beyond recognition, crucified and then ascended. The evil of man has rejected and even shed His blood but God turned that around to point the finger at our uncleanness, our unloveliness. God has turned the table and now His blood becomes Atonement if we repent of even rejecting. Then and only then can we receive mercy but if that is rejected then what hope is there. This is from the Tanach in Leviticus 17:11 "For the soul of the flesh is in the blood, and I have therefore given it to you [to be placed] upon the altar, to atone for your souls. For it is the blood that atones for the soul."
There is no other Atonement for Jew nor Gentle!
Read Isaiah 56.

Old 09-14-2015, 01:46 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,921,466 times
Quote:
Well, 144,000, 12,000 each from each of the 12 tribes of Israel and Male Virgins is pretty black and white, no symbolism there...

Israel rejects the messiah--God does not know them. It was symbolism. The number is literal, the 12 tribes are symbolic for spiritual Israel--they serve-YHVH(Jehovah) a single being God and they accept Jesus as the one sent forth by God--The Messiah. Not 1 who rejects Jesus will enter Gods kingdom.

Old 09-15-2015, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Israel rejects the messiah--God does not know them. It was symbolism. The number is literal, the 12 tribes are symbolic for spiritual Israel--they serve-YHVH(Jehovah) a single being God and they accept Jesus as the one sent forth by God--The Messiah. Not 1 who rejects Jesus will enter Gods kingdom.
I'm sorry, but you're wrong...Either they are both literal or they are both symbolic...You can't have your came and eat it too....Read Isaiah 56...You can symbolize it all you want but it is not going to help you in the end...

You said in another post that your teachers were Messiahs....

Old 09-15-2015, 11:06 AM

Quote:
ROM 11:1-5 "I say then, Has God cast away His people? God forbid. For I [Paul] also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. God has not cast away His people which He foreknew. Don't you not what the Scripture says of Elias? how he makes intercession to God against Israel saying, Lord, they have killed your prophets, and dug down your altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. But what said the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to Myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal. Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace."

The twelve tribes do literally exist but no one but God knows who they all are and to what tribe they belong to. He will number the 144000 according to what the Scriptures say. You do not know what you are talking about. God does not take it lightly when people twist His words because deception even if unintentional, become a stumbling block to others.

There has always been a remnant of Jews who have had Faith in their Messiah and it is these that are called the remnant. The rest are cut off from God for lack of Faith and even though they claim to know God because they are of the lineage of Abraham yet they do not know God and God does not count them as His own.
ZECH 13:7-9 "Awake, O sword, against My shepherd, and against the man that is My fellow, says the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn my hand upon the little ones. And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, says the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on My name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is My people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God."

Last edited by garya123; 09-15-2015 at 11:23 AM..

Old 09-15-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Read Isaiah 56.
Yes indeed, very beautiful promises to those Gentles who join themselves to the Lord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity