Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2015, 05:11 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,921,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I am talking about Shamayim which means Sky...
Most believe when it says heaven it means the dwelling place of God. But it is not the case in the chariot event concerning Elijah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 01:07 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Most believe when it says heaven it means the dwelling place of God. But it is not the case in the chariot event concerning Elijah.
I know...

Old 09-11-2015, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
REV 3:21 "To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with Me in My throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in His throne."
Well, Gee, that kinda proves that Jesus is not G-d, by what he says there, he has shown you the way to get where he was able to get...

Old 09-11-2015, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The real person is the immaterial soul which is not produced by the body, but is directly created by God and imparted to the body and resides within the body until it separates from the body at physical death.
The soul is the brain, the identity of the individual...

Old 09-11-2015, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Jesus was speaking to the little flock( Luke 12:32) here.( Rev 3:21) They are the anointed, the bride of Christ--they are literally numbered=144,000 are bought from the earth-Rev 14:3)
There isn't a single passage saying the great multitude are going to heaven in the bible.
The anointed ones = Moshiach...

Old 09-11-2015, 09:41 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The "real person" is produced by the body and brain but it does NOT reside there any more than the TV program resides in the TV that plays it. It resides in the unified field (God's consciousness).
Quote:
The real person is the immaterial soul which is not produced by the body, but is directly created by God and imparted to the body and resides within the body until it separates from the body at physical death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The soul is the brain, the identity of the individual...
Wrong. The brain is what produces the Spirit.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:42 AM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
You like to push your personal opinions off on people as though they were fact. But they are simply your personal opinions and are not Biblical. Both the human soul and human spirit are directly created by God. The believer's soul and spirit depart from the body at the point of physical death.

Peter, knowing that he was about to die spoke of being in his dwelling (his body) but of laying aside his dwelling and departing (2 Peter 1:13-14).

Jesus stated that while man can kill the body he cannot kill the soul (Matthew 10:28).

Revelation 6:9-11 shows the souls of Tribulational martyrs in heaven. Therefore their souls and spirits are in existence though their bodies are in the grave.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 says that the spirit returns to God who gave it.

I have no regard for your opinions. I will stay with what the Bible says about the soul and spirit.

We're done here.

Old 09-11-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Both the human soul and human spirit are directly created by God. The believer's soul and spirit depart from the body at the point of physical death. Peter, knowing that he was about to die spoke of being in his dwelling (his body) but of laying aside his dwelling and departing (2 Peter 1:13-14).
OF course they are created by God, but as a "seed" that must grow and mature to be "born again" as Spirit at the point of physical death.

From Mark 4:26,
. . . Thus is the kingdom of God, as though a man should cast seed into the earth, then sleep and rise, night and day, and the seed should sprout without his knowing it. For of itself the earth bears the crop, first the blade, then the ear, then the full grain in the ear.
Quote:
Jesus stated that while man can kill the body he cannot kill the soul (Matthew 10:28).
Revelation 6:9-11 shows the souls of Tribulational martyrs in heaven. Therefore their souls and spirits are in existence though their bodies are in the grave.
Ecclesiastes 12:7 says that the spirit returns to God who gave it.
Jesus was very clear about births of Flesh and Spirit. .

John 3:3-4 King James Version (KJV)
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

born again = gennaō anōthen

gennaō = conceived, begotten
anōthen = from the beginning (over again)

This is clearly another conception and eventual rebirth. We are not given a fully mature Spirit at our birth. It is a seed like any other conception and it must develop and mature to be "born again" at the point of death.

Old 09-11-2015, 01:40 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
OF course they are created by God, but as a "seed" that must grow and mature to be "born again" as Spirit at the point of physical death.

. . . Thus is the kingdom of God, as though a man should cast seed into the earth, then sleep and rise, night and day, and the seed should sprout without his knowing it. For of itself the earth bears the crop, first the blade, then the ear, then the full grain in the ear. Jesus was very clear about births of Flesh and Spirit. .

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

This is clearly another conception and eventual rebirth. We are not given a fully mature Spirit at our birth. It is a seed like any other conception and it must develop and mature to be "born again" at the point of death.
We've been over this in the past. A person is born again the moment he receives Christ as Savior. Not after he dies physically. Being born again or regenerated occurs at the very moment of faith in Christ. While the new believer is a spiritual baby who God expects to grow up spiritually during his time on this earth, he nevertheless has been spiritually reborn through faith in Christ Jesus at which point the Holy Spirit regenerated him.

Titus 3:5 He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration (paliggenesia) and renewing by the Holy Spirit,
HELPS Word-studies
3824 paliggenesía (from 3825 /pálin, "again" and 1078 /génesis, "birth, beginning") – properly, the coming of new birth because "born again"; regeneration.

Strong's Greek: 3824. ???????????? (paliggenesia) -- regeneration, renewal

1 Peter 1:23 for you have been born again (anagennaó; Perfect tense) not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and enduring word of God.

anagennaó - 'born again' is in the Greek Perfect tense which refers to past action completed with the results continuing on.
'The basic thought of the perfect tense is that the progress of an action has been completed and the results of the action are continuing on, in full effect. In other words, the progress of the action has reached its culmination and the finished results are now in existence. Unlike the English perfect, which indicates a completed past action, the Greek perfect tense indicates the continuation and present state of a completed past action.'

Greek Verbs (Shorter Definitions)
Again, being 'born again' or 'regenerated' refers to the spiritual rebirth which takes place at the moment a person receives Jesus as Savior. It is not something that occurs at the point of physical death. You have redefined the meaning of the term to something which is not Biblical.

I will stay with what the Bible says about being born again.

Old 09-11-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:

. . . Thus is the kingdom of God, as though a man should cast seed into the earth, then sleep and rise, night and day, and the seed should sprout without his knowing it. For of itself the earth bears the crop, first the blade, then the ear, then the full grain in the ear. Jesus was very clear about births of Flesh and Spirit. .

Quote:
We've been over this in the past. A person is born again the moment he receives Christ as Savior. Not after he dies physically. Being born again or regenerated occurs at the very moment of faith in Christ. While the new believer is a spiritual baby who God expects to grow up spiritually during his time on this earth, he nevertheless has been spiritually reborn through faith in Christ Jesus at which point the Holy Spirit regenerated him.
The word translated as "born" does NOT mean a birth. It means a "conception" (begotten). We are "born of God" (conceived) when we love.

1 John 4:7 (King James Version)
7Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity