Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2018, 01:39 PM

178 posts, read 230,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
What relevance does that have to committed, loving same sex relationships?

You wrote earlier that it doesn't say anything about homosexuality in the Bible. I was just pointing out an example where it does. It's referencing men should not lie with men as it is a abomination. I'm paraphrasing.

Old 11-13-2018, 02:25 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,796,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Your belief in it, is what shapes you. During the days when you ate the dead, you made it come alive(from the gospel of St Thomas)]. In other words when you eat that which does not exist( something dead) you make it come alive, you become the very thing you believe in whether it is alive or dead.. He convicts us of righteousnes and how to judge righteously, which is seeing things not by how they appear but how they are in the unseen. So my advice to cure your sin loving conscious is to eat at the table of the righteous.
So, when Jesus preached repentance, He really meant repent from believing you need to repent?

Old 11-13-2018, 02:31 PM

1,259 posts, read 564,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Said you sounded like one, not that you were one.

See, here's the thing. You don't "know" any more than everyone else "knows" You assume you know, because you were taught that what you know is true, and everyone else is wrong. Just because you think you are a special person who "knows" the truth, doesn't mean it is so. Sorry to burst your bubble, but millions believe you are wrong, and what the "know" is correct. You can't all be right. You can all be wrong, however.

I know that homosexuality is a sin.

Old 11-13-2018, 02:36 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,970,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Don't leave out the other Levitical laws you should practice if you "believe" that one.
You must not eat anything with blood still in it.----Leviticus 19:26a----Do you always eat meat well done?
-------------------------------
Bottom line is, if you keep one part of the law (for righteousness sake) you must keep all the laws. In addition, you should rebuke God for making biblical exceptions to His own laws.
I find the Bottom line since Pentecost is that Jesus fulflilled the Constitution of the Mosaic Law as per Romans 10:4.
Plus, the temporary Constitution of that old Mosaic Law was only for one nation the ancient nation of ancient Israel.
However, we are to keep 'pre-Mosaic law' such as found at Genesis 9:3-4 about the sacredness of blood.
The vascular residue left in already bled meet does Not mean eat meat only well done. - Lev. 17:11-14.

Old 11-13-2018, 02:38 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,970,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
Keeping in mind the detail that it is the 'practice of homosexuality' which is the sin of fornication.

Old 11-13-2018, 02:43 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
So, when Jesus preached repentance, He really meant repent from believing you need to repent?
No, eat from a different tree. You are what you eat.

Old 11-13-2018, 02:49 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the goodness of God spoken of in Romans 2:4?.

Look how beautifully the Aramaic bible states it.

Or do you presume upon the wealth of his sweetness and upon his patience and upon the place that he gave to you, and do not know that the sweetness of God brings conversion to you?

That's right Jimmie, God lit up our hearts by Jesus Christ and revealed God for how he truly is.

Jesus Christ is the exact representation of all that God is, and it gets better he is what we all are.

Old 11-13-2018, 03:03 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
No, you think homosexuality is a sin. You don't know anything. See, that's where people go off the rails with their thinking. You don't know anymore than any other person. You may think you know, but that isn't the same thing.

So, how about if I were to say this.... I know you are wrong. So see, I am right, and you are wrong, cuz I believe it....

Old 11-13-2018, 03:17 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,796,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the goodness of God spoken of in Romans 2:4?.

Look how beautifully the Aramaic bible states it.

Or do you presume upon the wealth of his sweetness and upon his patience and upon the place that he gave to you, and do not know that the sweetness of God brings conversion to you?

That's right Jimmie, God lit up our hearts by Jesus Christ and revealed God for how he truly is.

Jesus Christ is the exact representation of all that God is, and it gets better he is what we all are.
Believing that sin is real and that we need to repent does not negate the goodness of God. Actually, it reveals it. God’s mercy is a beautiful thing.

Old 11-13-2018, 03:18 PM

1,259 posts, read 564,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
No, you think homosexuality is a sin. You don't know anything. See, that's where people go off the rails with their thinking. You don't know anymore than any other person. You may think you know, but that isn't the same thing.

So, how about if I were to say this.... I know you are wrong. So see, I am right, and you are wrong, cuz I believe it....

I know homosexuality is a sin.

I know the earth is roundish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity