Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2019, 01:23 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Modding is an art more than a science. We've had some flat-out loonies who have posted/do post on this forum, and pointing out that they are crazy as rat-dogs might be the gospel truth, but there's a specific rule in the TOS about questioning someone's mental health, so that would get deleted and if kept up, invite an infraction.

Then there is sensitivity. There are posters who hammer the Report button at the smallest perceived slight, and there are others who get called names all the time who never report. We have to look at it in the context and see what's been done before and check out the poster's history, and what might fly in one forum doesn't necessarily fly in another.

Anyway, as has been stated before, the nature of this topic means that tempers flare in here from time to time, but if we close this thread, ten more on homosexuality as it relates to Christianity will pop up. It's best to keep it contained in one.
Hard to imagine how hard it must be to Mod in this place. Personally I never report anyone. Would not even know how to find the freaking button. This is because I am always curious to see what people think, no matter how extreme or even hateful or bizarre. After all it's words on a page in a forum living somewhere in the backwaters of the Internet. It's always surprising how wound up people get about stuff.

To me, bigger problems are trolling/flaming/flooding as these folks are anarchists out to destroy the forum. I do not see a huge amount of that here so I am presuming you keep that nipped in the bud.

Anyway, thanks for taking on this task. C-D has been around a long time so it must be working.

Old 06-11-2019, 01:29 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, I would prefer that it steer away from individuals and stay on the topic, too, and have said that several times in the past in mod mode. Alas.
I must have rep'd you too soon recently to offer you a cyber hug or thumbs up.
But damn, you do deserve one even more than the mods on the P&C board!

Old 06-11-2019, 01:29 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I totally get your viewpoint, not only as a person but as a mod.
I DO want to clarify whether or not anybody had the idea that I was in some way "defending" Finn because it's also fairly obvious that he enjoys the opportunity to use his "skills" in avoidance and deflection, unlike Jeff, who does at least come right out with it.
It would be nice to see the conversation steer away from Finn or not get lost in it but, since I don't pray, that may not happen
Yes, I would prefer that it steer away from individuals and stay on the topic, too, and have said that several times in the past in mod mode. Alas. He's good at what he does, though. You can do searches going back almost ten years and find poster after poster screeching at him for using the same tactics posters are screeching at him for today. He gets the reaction he seeks, and we all keep falling for it, so who's to blame?

My cousin once worked at a home for mentally challenged children, and on the wall was a sign that said, "Ignore the behavior you do not want." That's stayed with me for these forty years now, especially during my career, because it can be so broadly applied, and yet sometimes it is difficult to do.

Old 06-11-2019, 01:32 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I must have rep'd you too soon recently to offer you a cyber hug or thumbs up.
But damn, you do deserve one even more than the mods on the P&C board!
They have my utmost respect and awe, and I would never want to mod that board!

I enjoy this, though. Even with all the muck we have to slog through, there are many interesting, thoughtful people here from all sides of the religious spectrum.

Old 06-11-2019, 01:52 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Why are homosexuals persecuted and discriminated against, Mr. Jarber?
Why do others say all kinds of vile things about them, or shun them?
Why do they offend so many professing fundamentalist Christians?

Please, put some light on this, so others may understand.

Last edited by Jerwade; 06-11-2019 at 02:02 PM..

Old 06-11-2019, 02:42 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Why are homosexuals persecuted and discriminated against, Mr. Jarber?
Why do others say all kinds of vile things about them, or shun them?
Why do they offend so many professing fundamentalist Christians?

Please, put some light on this, so others may understand.
How should I know? Why don't you ask the people who persecute them?

As far as I am aware, professing Christians are not offended by them, but if you ever meet one who is, make sure to ask him why.

Old 06-11-2019, 02:48 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

As far as I am aware, professing Christians are not offended by them, but if you ever meet one who is, make sure to ask him why.
Lol. Tell us more about the gay agenda, Uncle Finny.

Old 06-11-2019, 02:49 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:

Why ?.

Old 06-11-2019, 02:59 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:

But YOU are offended by homosexuals because you show no empathy for their situation. That is not like Jesus, and you aren't.
Quote:
Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.
Jesus, Matt. 12:30

Quote:
If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, and you will even come to believe it yourself.
Joseph Goebbels

Quote:
You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies
Jesus, John 8:44

Your mantra is to claim a "gay agenda." My mantra is to show how your lies mirror those of the Third Reich which loved to lie about innocent people whom you think are guilty.

Old 06-11-2019, 03:01 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Joseph Goebbels

Your mantra is to claim a "gay agenda." My mantra is to show how your lies mirror those of the Third Reich which loved to lie about innocent people whom you think are guilty.
The Nazi mantra again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.