Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2019, 03:13 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,245,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markee1 View Post
Have you never read Leviticus?
Of course he has! That's one of the bible's most stupid sections.

Old 07-03-2019, 03:14 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,614,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
What age were you when you made the choice between your buddies and girls?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Same age when I chose not to have sex with an animal. Because I knew that was not natural and wrong. Just like SSM.
What age were you when you chose not to fornicate with children? Around the same age?

Old 07-03-2019, 03:22 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,613,883 times
Quote:
What age were you when you chose not to fornicate with children? Around the same age?
No, no, no, according to Jeffy, straight people don't make any choices. That is reserved for gay people, pedophiles, animal abusers, and the like. They make choices, straight people don't.

Old 07-03-2019, 04:20 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,756,107 times
Quote:
You had to actually make that choice jeffbase40?

Seriously, you had to make a choice to NOT have sex with an animal?
If you don't do an action, you made a choice. Not that I was ever tempted to commit such an act or any acts of sexual immorality.

Old 07-03-2019, 04:26 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,358,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
If you don't do an action, you made a choice. Not that I was ever tempted to commit such an act or any acts of sexual immorality.
But the thought crossed your mind ?.

Old 07-03-2019, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I think he sees SSM as a direct and eminent threat to his church. He sees atheists as the reason the country is not perfect and liberal Christians as traitors to his religion and God. And these ideas cloud his ability to see gays, atheists and liberal Christians as anything but enemies that need to be destroyed.
The gay agenda is a threat like never before. All it takes is a social media post to go viral on Facebook, and a Christian business is destroyed forever. Like this guy. His business is already ruined before it even opened! If it can happen to him, it can happen to any business.

Quote:

Dunn, who says everyone would be welcomed at his restaurant, came under fire after an article was published in the Fayetteville Flyer, and spread further on Facebook groups, which featured screenshots from Dunn's alleged personal social media account.

Dunn claims he is being attacked for his restaurant's values, which, he says, are aligned with what President Donald Trump is attempting to reinstall in America.

"The LGBT community, the liberal community, started making out The New American as racist and homophobic," Dunn told KFSM. "They tied it to Donald Trump and Make America Great Again. They made me, Paul Dunn, out to be racist and homophobic without even knowing me."

https://5newsonline.com/2019/07/01/f...g-accusations/

Just another example of the incredible amount of intolerance on YOUR SIDE. Just slap those labels on complete strangers and don't care about the harm you cause them.

I have a very low opinion of atheists. They are so spiritually dead that God has given up on many of them.

Generally speaking, of course

Last edited by jeffbase40; 07-03-2019 at 05:08 PM..

Old 07-03-2019, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
But the thought crossed your mind ?.
If you need to go that low, what kind of thoughts are in your head? Nevermind, I don't want to know.

Old 07-03-2019, 04:51 PM

175 posts, read 75,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
No, no, no, according to Jeffy, straight people don't make any choices. That is reserved for gay people, pedophiles, animal abusers, and the like. They make choices, straight people don't.
As a straight Christian, I make difficult choices every day. That's the Christian walk. I'm tempted daily, often in miniscule ways but often in much more significant ways, to stray from the path or "creatively reinterpret" God's commands to suit my wishes. Stumbling is inevitable, falling hopefully is not.

Homosexual sex is repulsive to me, so I've never been tempted. I understand this would be a major temptation for someone who found it attractive. An analogy might be me trying to live a celibate lifestyle. If I thought this were essential (for example, because I wanted to become a Catholic priest), I'd make a sincere, prayerful effort. Either that, or I'd say "I just don't have what it takes to be a priest."

As a Christian, the fact that homosexual sex is repulsive to me is irrelevant. There are heterosexual practices I find repulsive, too. As a Christian, I simply believe homosexuality is contrary to God's created order and plan for human society (and is, of course, explicitly prohibited in the OT and NT). A same-sex union may be a marriage in the eyes of the law and the majority of my fellow citizens, but it will never be a marriage to me because I believe a marriage is a God-ordained union of one man and one woman.

I think Bible-believing Christians and homosexuals simply have to agree that never the twain shall meet. As a Christian, I can't really do anything if the law and society choose to celebrate same-sex practices and unions. As a member of society, my religious beliefs don't trump the law and the will of the majority. By the same token, homosexuals need to understand that they are never going to talk me out of, or bludgeon me out of, my religious beliefs. I am not going to reinvent my religion to make homosexuals or their supporters happy.

A Christian homosexual is, to me, no different from a Christian with a strong attraction for adultery, fornication, drunkenness or any other conduct the Bible condemns. As I stated in a previous post, I believe homosexuality is "natural" only in the sense that lots of other behaviors are "natural" among fallen humans in a fallen creation. If a Christian decides his or her homosexual attraction cannot be dealt with through prayerful self-control, this is a matter between him or her and God. But I'm not going to condone or celebrate the stumbles any more than I celebrate an alcoholic falling off the wagon.

Old 07-03-2019, 04:59 PM

6,804 posts, read 2,933,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markee1 View Post
Have you never read Leviticus?
Oh hi, Markee. Thanks for dropping by. If you plan to stick around I hope you can handle debating with the actual 'thinkers' on this topic. I can assure you that most of us are well beyond the 'Have you never read Leviticus?" stage.

But anyway, I realize that you've just jumped in to the topic. Leviticus has been well and truly addressed as well as pretty much demolished on this thread. I hope you're not of the belief that the Holiness Code given to the Levi Tribe are actually relevant for we today, are you? They certainly are not, other than those that are driven by intelligent reasoning as in everything else that we might read in the Bible.

So, I would have to come back at you with the same question that you asked ...have YOU never read Leviticus? Do YOU apply the commands and the precepts or whatever the heck else we might call them as found in Leviticus? The answer is 'no, of course you don't' so why on earth would you bring up the ancient book of Leviticus as though it has any meaning at all for we today?

Sorry for coming at you so hard, especially after my having invited you here, but we've been going at this topic for a long time. And, those other biblical issues that you brought up on the other thread (Israel Folau on the Australian/New Zealand sub-forum) have also been addressed many times. There has been 'no stone unturned', so to speak, with regard to the Bible. All of the relevant, so-called 'clobber passages' have been covered many times. However, as I told you on the other thread, I'm willing to go through them again if you wish. There really are not that many.

Old 07-03-2019, 05:05 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,513,269 times
Homosexuality is viewed as an affront to the sanctity of marriage (a union between a man and a woman).

But I suspect there to be another reason. "The fear", as some point out, to the long term health of society. There is a belief that if homosexuality pervades society it will lead to a decrease in the fertility rate.

What many conservative Christians fail to take into account is that homosexuality is not a choice. It's not like everyone is secretly wanting to bone someone of the same sex. The majority of men will always be attracted to women and vise versa.

So it ultimately ends up being a struggle between the collective and individuality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity