Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2019, 02:22 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,610,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Good grief, just looking at the posting from today only:

Me: 5 posts

IMiss90s - 10 posts

The Opposition - 27 posts

And ya'll have the nerve to say I'm the obsessed one with this topic? People can't even go 30 minutes here without ripping into us because we will not support sin.
Here is Jeff, talking about me directly, while having me on ignore like the coward he is... What a surprise!

I am part of the LGBT community, little Jeffy, so of course it is of interest to me. What is your excuse? Oh wait, you claim your freedom of religion is being taken away, without being able to provide any evidence of such.

Old 07-03-2019, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
This is your most absurd post maybe ever.

Being sexual attractive to and having sex with our two different things. I am not sure that those who do have sex with farm animals are even sexually attracted to those animals or just abuse the poor critter because it is available. I was attracted to girls long before I even knew that sex with an animal was either a thing or possible and I grew up in a farming community and can remember when we joked about nervous sheep.

And yet another opportunity for you to place sexually abusing an animal right beside two women loving each other and committing to a formal relationship. You are not only comparing sex with an animal as being wrong like sex with a person of the same gender but their formal loving commitment to each other as the same thing as sex with a sheep
That's what Jeff does. He compares gay people to animal abusers, pedophiles, incest, and rapists. Mainly because he a few IQ points short of reaching viability, but also because he is unable to think for himself, and has been told these absurd, idiotic, and ignorant things his entire life.

Old 07-03-2019, 02:32 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,336,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
That's what Jeff does. He compares gay people to animal abusers, pedophiles, incest, and rapists. Mainly because he a few IQ points short of reaching viability, but also because he is unable to think for himself, and has been told these absurd, idiotic, and ignorant things his entire life.
I think he sees SSM as a direct and eminent threat to his church. He sees atheists as the reason the country is not perfect and liberal Christians as traitors to his religion and God. And these ideas cloud his ability to see gays, atheists and liberal Christians as anything but enemies that need to be destroyed.

Old 07-03-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
I think he sees SSM as a direct and eminent threat to his church. He sees atheists as the reason the country is not perfect and liberal Christians as traitors to his religion and God. And these ideas cloud his ability to see gays, atheists and liberal Christians as anything but enemies that need to be destroyed.
Which also means he lacks simple critical thinking skills, and several other life skills (like reason, rationality, and empathy). Fact is, if gay people being married hurts your church, then your church is destined to fail, and obviously isn't very strong to begin with. Atheists and liberal Christians do not cause any more of less damage to this country than anyone else. People are people. I would actually argue that fundamentalists of all stripes cause far more damage, division, and issues than the rest of us combined.

Do you see atheists or liberal Christians calling for the right to discriminate, for instance?

Old 07-03-2019, 02:40 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,052,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Which also means he lacks simple critical thinking skills, and several other life skills. Fact is, if gay people being married hurts your church, then your church is destined to fail, and obviously isn't very strong to begin with. Atheists and liberal Christians do not cause any more of less damage to this country than anyone else. People are people. I would actually argue that fundamentalists of all stripes cause far more damage, division, and issues than the rest of us combined.

Do you see atheists or liberal Christians calling for the right to discriminate, for instance?
Instead of psychoanalyzing people (poorly at that), why not actually get their say? That's what really is hateful. You guys have spent 900 pages calling us hatemongers, and saying we despise gay people when it's really you guys that have been spreading the hate and assigning motive where it doesn't exist.

Old 07-03-2019, 02:43 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,338,128 times
Quote:
That same spirit of thought has been around for centuries, back in the day they'd be calling for blood. Thankfully they can't get away with it today.

Old 07-03-2019, 02:45 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,413,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
You had to actually make that choice jeffbase40?

Seriously, you had to make a choice to NOT have sex with an animal?
I was wondering that, too.

Old 07-03-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Instead of psychoanalyzing people (poorly at that), why not actually get their say? That's what really is hateful. You guys have spent 900 pages calling us hatemongers, and saying we despise gay people when it's really you guys that have been spreading the hate and assigning motive where it doesn't exist.
I have gotten all I need from Jeff. He has made his point. He thinks LGBT people are the same as animal abusers, rapists, incest, and pedophiles. He has said this over and over again. He compares LGBT people to those things on a daily basis.

He thinks only gay people made the choice as to who they are attracted to. He actually said that, BF. Straight people don't make a choice, only gay people. I don't have to be a doctor (or play one on TV) to be able to analyze that.

He also thinks we do not deserve to get basic services or be served and respected like straight people. He believes we should be able to be turned away from a business open to the public, for being gay.

He believes that gay people are almost exclusively either victims of abuse, or have been brainwashed into being gay.

He believes we are worse than those who commit other things he deems sins, as evidenced by his clear hatred of all things gay, and the overwhelming amount of his posts on topics about the subject.

What more do you think I need, exactly?

Old 07-03-2019, 02:51 PM

4 posts, read 1,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You might have a point if the "force issue" were not simply a reaction to oppression driven by those "Christians." The "force" is merely to remove two thousand years of stupidity on this issue.

Have you never read Leviticus?

Old 07-03-2019, 03:12 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,225,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Oh, hi BF.

Sorry you're still so butt hurt over SSM. I hope one your god-thing helps you become more spiritually mature and you learn to accept that gays are human, just like you.

Although, most of them are much nicer people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.