Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2019, 06:37 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,732,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
<snip>

In fact, I wonder if gay people are too afraid of backlash from their own community if they dare come out and tell people that it's not all rainbows and happiness after gay marriage.

<snip>
The FACTS, beg to differ:

Quote:
States that have allowed same sex unions actually have lower divorce rates in every population demographic than states that have banned the practice.

Gay Marriage Divorce Rate
Take Massachusetts as an example. This state was the first to allow same sex marriages and it is also the state that has the lowest overall divorce rate. It isn’t a small difference in the divorce rates either. Compared to states that have banned same sex marriage, states that allow the practice have a 20% lower divorce rate.

In any given year, about 1% of the total number of registered same sex civil unions or legal marriages will wind up in divorce.

The same sex marriage divorce rate is about 50% lower on any given year when directly compared to the heterosexual divorce rate.
https://brandongaille.com/19-amazing...te-statistics/

Further, let's compare how gay marriages do with straight marriages--you know--the marriages ordained by your "god."

Quote:
Gays can have more stable relationships than their straight counterparts. This is a finding from one of my research studies. Two convenience samples were interviewed. The first group consisted of gays and lesbians. The second group included heterosexuals.
-------
When asked about their love lives, gays were more likely to have long term relationships. In fact, 59% had been in a stable, loving relationship for three or more years. They were very committed to their significant others and reported high levels of joy in their lives. Only 19% admitted to cheating on a loved one, which is much lower than the national average.
-------
Heterosexuals showed more instability in their love lives. Only 47% had been in a stable, loving relationship when surveyed. Even less reported having been in a long term love relationship. In fact, only 42% said that they had been involved in a committed relationship for longer than three years. Of those who had married, over 50% had been divorced. Almost half admitted to cheating on a spouse or loved one. Two thirds said they were unhappy with their sex lives. They said it was difficult to communicate their desires to their mates, and so, they had unsatisfactory sex. One woman put it this way, “the sex is miserable and so is he (her husband).”
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...-straight-ones

And still another report:
Quote:
As trite and overdone as the cliché “men are from Mars and women are from Venus” may be, it does contain a grain of truth: Men and women are fundamentally different in certain ways, and those differences can pose major challenges in straight marriages. Same-sex couples, by definition, don’t face these obstacles, which is why recent research suggests that same-sex marriages aren’t just equal to straight marriages: in important regards they are superior.
https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...rriages-119465

Apparently praying to your god to make gay marriages more miserable than heterosexual ones is falling on deaf ears---or maybe your god is teaching you a lesson---if you had the eyes and heart to see it.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 07-02-2019 at 06:56 PM..

Old 07-02-2019, 06:48 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,732,709 times
Default Pew's latest report on acceptance of gay marriage

Quote:
In Pew Research Center polling in 2004, Americans opposed same-sex marriage by a margin of 60% to 31%.

Support for same-sex marriage has steadily grown over the past 15 years. And today, support for same-sex marriage remains near its highest point since Pew Research Center began polling on this issue. Based on polling in 2019, a majority of Americans (61%) support same-sex marriage, while 31% oppose it.
https://www.pewforum.org/fact-sheet/...-gay-marriage/ May 14, 2019

I say the change is due to the anger, frustration, and hate of bigoted "christians" like those on this thread who continue to lie and use the tactics of Nazis, the divine "book" that mirrors the Quran with regard to homosexuality, and the desire to imitate racists of yesteryear with their "biblical" attitudes, quotes, and idolatry.

Old 07-02-2019, 06:49 PM

6,804 posts, read 2,932,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
How about H. Ghost jeffbase?

What would the Holy Ghost say about homosexuality if it made a surprise visit to your church sermon?
Well, I've found that 'the Holy Spirit' appears to give different messages to individual Christians and also to those of different Christian denominations. That's why there are so many of them ...Christian denominations that is. And, most often, it seems that the HS message aligns with the personal views of the individual. So, asking that question of Jeff and others of similar views, the HS would likely be condemning of homosexuality.

Funny how the HS works to make everyone appear to be 'right', isn't it?

Old 07-02-2019, 07:14 PM

Paging BaptistFundie, jeffbase40, Finn_Jarber and anyone else who shares the same belief that gay people are 'an abomination'!

I've asked several times previously if you folks would read the below link and give your comments. So far, however, not a word. I realize that you're under no obligation to comply to requests; however, it does seem that you're either unwilling to read the link because you may see it as somehow being 'bait' ...or you are unwilling to comment on the link having read it because it may expose your 'dark side' if you respond unfavorably. It was only after having read Finn's post about homosexuality being taught to 7 year-olds that I found the linked item from Today's Parent to be appropriate.

Here it is yet again:

https://www.todaysparent.com/family/...us-he-was-gay/

Old 07-02-2019, 07:22 PM

Further to the above. The link I provided is showing a 403 Forbidden notice. I have no idea why it is as it seems to work at different times. I DID present the item in its entirety in Post 8761 but it was snipped by the mod. I'm not sure why it's against the Forum TOS since it can be read usually in its entirety by clicking on to the link. So, what is the difference?

Should anyone be interested, just type in "Today's Parent. Our seven-year-old son told us he was gay" and this should work.

Old 07-02-2019, 07:23 PM

11,909 posts, read 3,737,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Paging BaptistFundie, jeffbase40, Finn_Jarber and anyone else who shares the same belief that gay people are 'an abomination'!

I've asked several times previously if you folks would read the below link and give your comments. So far, however, not a word. I realize that you're under no obligation to comply to requests; however, it does seem that you're either unwilling to read the link because you may see it as somehow being 'bait' ...or you are unwilling to comment on the link having read it because it may expose your 'dark side' if you respond unfavorably. It was only after having read Finn's post about homosexuality being taught to 7 year-olds that I found the linked item from Today's Parent to be appropriate.

Here it is yet again:

I was going to the article but I get a ‘403 forbidden’ error

Old 07-02-2019, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I was going to the article but I get a ‘403 forbidden’ error
Type in "Today's Parent. Our seven-year-old son told us he was gay" and this should work for you. It's an interesting read.

Old 07-02-2019, 07:46 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,242,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
https://www.pewforum.org/fact-sheet/...-gay-marriage/ May 14, 2019

I say the change is due to the anger, frustration, and hate of bigoted "christians" like those on this thread who continue to lie and use the tactics of Nazis, the divine "book" that mirrors the Quran with regard to homosexuality, and the desire to imitate racists of yesteryear with their "biblical" attitudes, quotes, and idolatry.
Agreed.

Fundies like Finny and jeffie and BF know they are losing badly. Fundamentalism is on the fast track to extinction.

The impotent bellowing we hear now will soon wheeze its way into their death rattle.

Music to these ears.

Old 07-02-2019, 07:49 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,755,188 times
Quote:

Here it is yet again:

I call it a bunch of hooey just like you did with my video of a lovely woman's personal testimony of how she left the gay lifestyle and found true happiness serving Christ.

Besides is it really normal for a 7 year old to be thinking about sexual attraction? I certainly wasn't at that age.

Old 07-02-2019, 07:50 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
Quote:
[color="Navy"]Paging BaptistFundie, jeffbase40, Finn_Jarber and anyone else who shares the same belief that gay people are 'an abomination'!
Maybe people don't have interest in talking to someone who makes a sport out of misrepresenting others.

Support for LGBT is plummeting (people are leas comfortable with LGBT), as can be seen from the polls from GLAAD, so you might want to consider a more honest approach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity