Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2019, 01:37 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,614,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfailing presence View Post
Glad to see you correct yourself on just who brought the subject of material gain/loss to the table.
Homosexuals are no different than me or you they are sinners just like we are .
They are welcome at my church as well .
We have a sign posted in fact that " ONLY SINNERS ARE WELCOME ".
But would they be treated as any other sinner? There are plenty of churches who will let gay people in the doors. That doesn't mean they will be treated the same.

Old 06-24-2019, 02:14 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,423,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfailing presence View Post
We have a sign posted in fact that " ONLY SINNERS ARE WELCOME ".
INTERESTING: I thought Jesus said, "go and sin no more." Yet, your sign says, "ONLY SINNERS ARE WELCOME."

Old 06-24-2019, 02:42 PM

18,518 posts, read 9,199,898 times
Yikes! This thread is up to 856 pages. I guess there is nothing like the topic of sex to generate interest and controversy.

Old 06-24-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Yikes! This thread is up to 856 pages. I guess there is nothing like the topic of sex to generate interest and controversy.
It's an extreme fundamentalist agenda to save the virgins for themselves and slaughter the rest.

Old 06-24-2019, 04:31 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,068,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It's an extreme fundamentalist agenda to save the virgins for themselves and slaughter the rest.
hate is a powerful thing. It makes people say all sorts of nasty things about Christians.

Old 06-24-2019, 04:33 PM

952 posts, read 325,383 times
Quote:
INTERESTING: I thought Jesus said, "go and sin no more." Yet, your sign says, "ONLY SINNERS ARE WELCOME."
In that same passage He also said " He among you who is without sin let him cast the first stone …"

I am not surprised that you do not grasp the difference in what Jesus was saying there .
While the woman may have very well accomplished never committing adultery the rest of her days . That particular sin being especially painful for her from that day forward, do you honestly believe she never sinned the rest of her days ?

We are not sinners because we sin , we sin because we are sinners .

Old 06-24-2019, 04:35 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,611,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
hate is a powerful thing. It makes people say all sorts of nasty things about Christians.
"With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil - that takes religion.”

Stephen Weinberg.

How true.

Old 06-24-2019, 04:39 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,249,356 times
Quote:
SOME Christians.

And you know who you are.

Old 06-24-2019, 04:41 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,888,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Underneath this is the need for Evangelical Christians to look at their idols.... and idolatry is listed WAY above sexual misconduct as something that really irritates the Lord.

The Idol? Political power. This subject has everything to do with the Church and conservative politics in America. Gays are seen as part of the great leftist takeover.

And this from someone who has voted Republican his whole life. And still probably will. But for libertarian reasons moreso than thinking you can legislate morality.

But we have swung to politics already and been steered by moderators back to the subject at hand, but it is so wedded together it must be said. And I say this as someone on the inside looking at my own house and seeing where there are logs in our own eyes. Bedding the church with politics is ugly and something that the Lord detests.

Yes, a wild swing another direction, but it is what this is boiling down to. MHO.

Old 06-24-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:
You cannot find anything more hateful than slaughtering the innocent, especially children.
Or, that of discriminating against others who have not injured or harmed you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity