Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2019, 05:50 PM

10,093 posts, read 5,745,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You do not accept facts or reality, nothing in your bible says you should discriminate or parse out your prejudicial views and attitude.
You are the one who can't accept facts that the homosexual lifestyle causes real harm. I can point to the suicide rate and all your side will do is blame it on the Christians. That's not looking at the facts.

The Bible is firmly against sin and refusing to engage with an immoral perverse ceremony is not discrimination.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:34 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,722,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You are the one who can't accept facts that the homosexual lifestyle causes real harm. I can point to the suicide rate and all your side will do is blame it on the Christians. That's not looking at the facts.

The Bible is firmly against sin and refusing to engage with an immoral perverse ceremony is not discrimination.
You are the one who cant accept the fact that you have made life a living hell for LGBTQ people. I'm trying to return your kindness by pointing out what a lying hypocrite you are--and have always been--from the beginning of time.

The majority of the religious right never, ever stand up for the downtrodden, especially LGBT folks. Not necessarily sending them to hell, but definitely not making life on earth anywhere close to heaven. Years ago, I read a book, whose name I don't even recall. But it was about a young preacher's son who said, "I grew up with one foot in Heaven and the other on Earth. And it was definitely Hell."

That's what we do to LGBT Christians, people who want God, love God, enjoy praising and worshiping God.. We leave them with one foot in heaven, the other on earth, and make life hell for them. I just don't see how that reflects Jesus Christ in any shape, fashion, or form.

So my question to you is this. If bullying is done in the name of Christ and/or the Bible do you have an obligation to stand up and defend LGBT youth? Have you? Will you? That's the problem for many conservative Christians that disagree with the bullying. They aren't doing anything to stop it.

Yes? No?

Or are you too far into the Third Reich mentality to ever consider it?

Old 06-21-2019, 06:53 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,386,975 times
Quote:
You do not accept facts or reality, nothing in your bible says you should discriminate or parse out your prejudicial views and attitude.
Quote:

I merely recognize human ignorance, under the guise of religious superiority which is a farce.

Old 06-21-2019, 09:17 PM

6,799 posts, read 2,920,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade
Quote:
I am truly SICK of hearing this constant bleating about sin, sin, SIN and the Bible sez this and the Bible SEZ THAT! The Bible has become the 'fundie' Christian idol. SIN has become their pious catchcry which they rarely apply to themselves but rather to everyone else outside their own self-righteous circle. They worship the book just as surely as the pagans worshiped their idols. It's little wonder they can't make the connection between same gender sex practices and idolatry in the book they are so obsessed with. They TOO are into idol worship just as were 'those who once knew God' in Romans 1:18-27!

Jeff, if the truth be known you're as much 'the sinner' as those you SO persistently point the finger at. Possibly more so because you can add pietism, hypocrisy and double standards to the list. Jesus had a field day with the pious and the hypocrites and those who practiced double standards. Yes, we're all of us potential hypocrites - I know I can be a hypocrite at times - but you flaunt this particular trait in your posts, along with those other questionable sentiments.

Yes, you're a sinner, Jeff, and 'the Bible' is firmly against sin. 'It' also states that 'NO ONE is righteous'. In other words, we're all of us 'sinners' according to your idol. How does it make YOU feel when someone else tells you that you're a sinner, taken from the very book that you persistently wave around with which to target and condemn others?

You're a sinner, Jeff. What do you have to say in your defense?

Old 06-21-2019, 09:45 PM

6,799 posts, read 2,920,125 times
< snip > of my post #8434 concerning the ongoing saga of Australia's rugby union player, Israel Folau, who is bringing a charge of 'Christian persecution' against the Australian Rugby Association that fired him and tore up a $4M contract following Folau's Instagram condemnation of homosexuals and 'other sinners'. Folau is now enlisting the support of others, including the Australian Christian Lobby Group, to help him raise the several million dollars required to pay for his defense. This man, already worth several $M, has set up a Go_Fund_Me page for this purpose. As of last night, the sum of almost $500,000 had been donated as support for Folau's right to 'preach the word of God'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
People are so bigoted, that they are helping pay legal bills for a millionaire because he lost his job for being a bigoted A-hole.... That is just pathetically sad.
I wonder how such an incident would play out if this type of thing occurred in the U.S.? Would an American version of 'Israel Folau' receive the same kind of support from the American public?

Old 06-21-2019, 10:06 PM

88,647 posts, read 84,928,808 times
Quote:

I hope some day you can learn to get over what "The Bible" says, as if it's some sort of authority. It was written by men seeking the divine but who had the same flaws that we all have.

Being gay is not a sin. It just ISN'T.

Old 06-22-2019, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I hope some day you can learn to get over what "The Bible" says, as if it's some sort of authority. It was written by men seeking the divine but who had the same flaws that we all have.

Being gay is not a sin. It just ISN'T.
Some kind of authority? The Bible is the ultimate authority. How sad is it that I have to defend the Word of God against people claiming to be Christians. Without the Bible, how do you even know Christ? Warm fuzzy feelings? My beliefs align with millions of Christians. All the major denomination hold the Bible as the divine Word of God and foundation of our faith. It is the way God communicates with us. it is the reason why thousands of pastors can mine thousands of sermons from the exact same passage. Only a supernatural God can take the same text and reveal different messages. And the late great Billy Graham agrees with me too:

Quote:

In the fourth chapter of Hebrews, verse 12, it says: “For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”

It is the world’s best-seller. Yet this book, for the past 200 years, has been under increased attack. Many people, even within the church, have come to doubt whether the Bible is authoritative and trustworthy. When you talk about the Bible, someone will allege “Bibliolatry.” In other words, worshiping the Bible and not the Christ of the Bible. No, this is not Bibliolatry; the only knowledge we have of Jesus Christ is in the Bible.

Today there’s a growing movement to do away with the Bible. And if this movement succeeds, anarchy will rule. This generation must face the appalling fact that it’s either the Bible, or back to the jungles, because that’s exactly what will happen.

https://billygraham.org/decision-mag...e-word-of-god/

You are supporting exactly what the enemy wants. To destroy the greatest weapon we have to fight back the forces of evil. Course, you and your friends are living in such deception that you will claim it is all myth.

Old 06-22-2019, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
< snip > of my post #8434 concerning the ongoing saga of Australia's rugby union player, Israel Folau, who is bringing a charge of 'Christian persecution' against the Australian Rugby Association that fired him and tore up a $4M contract following Folau's Instagram condemnation of homosexuals and 'other sinners'. Folau is now enlisting the support of others, including the Australian Christian Lobby Group, to help him raise the several million dollars required to pay for his defense. This man, already worth several $M, has set up a Go_Fund_Me page for this purpose. As of last night, the sum of almost $500,000 had been donated as support for Folau's right to 'preach the word of God'.

I wonder how such an incident would play out if this type of thing occurred in the U.S.? Would an American version of 'Israel Folau' receive the same kind of support from the American public?
Half a million dollars raised already. Gee that sure doesn't sound to me that only a tiny tiny portion of the population oppose homosexuality, does it? It's not about supporting Folau financially. It's about taking a stand for religious freedom and fighting back against your intolerant bullying side that celebrates perversion and sin and punishes those who refuse to embrace it.

Old 06-22-2019, 02:57 AM

Quote:
I merely recognize human ignorance, under the guise of religious superiority which is a farce.
Your gas tank run-th empty. Hollow statements in a desperate attempt to look superior. I back up my posts with facts. You bring nothing to the table but biased goop.

Old 06-22-2019, 03:34 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,324,222 times
Quote:
Your gas tank run-th empty. Hollow statements in a desperate attempt to look superior. I back up my posts with facts. You bring nothing to the table but biased goop.
It's what you put on the table that is of concern. You quote Jesus saying "go sin no more' a burden you are not even able to bear yourelf.

Jesus replied, "And you experts in the law, woe to you, because you load people down with burdens they can hardly carry, and you yourselves will not lift one finger to help them.

You are in no wise helping those you assume are sinners, all you are doing is weighing them down with your own struggles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity