Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2019, 10:32 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is you who is talking about literal marriage, not me. No one, except you and pcamps are referring to it as anything other than a parable, and you do it in order to to make it look like others think it is a literal wedding aka to make them look stupid. It is very dishonest. This kind of nonsense is what pcamps is famous for.

The Bible makes it crystal clear, and it would be clear even if it didn't spell it out. "And again Jesus spoke to them in parables, saying, "The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave a wedding feast for his son....."

I look forward to your full discourse on this, or any other parable.

Old 05-31-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
You are wrong on every point you posted. Furthermore, you've been corrected on most of this more than once, sometimes by people who obviously know more than the rest of us since they are members of the LGBT community. You've ignored everything you've been told.

I can't understand why you bother posting this stuff when you've already been corrected about it.
Quote:
And Jeff has corrected you, so why do you still bother?
Mensaguy is correct. Why does that anger you? Is it because you cannot hear their words?

Old 05-31-2019, 10:56 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I look forward to watching you pound sand.

Old 05-31-2019, 11:04 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,599 times
Quote:
You keep saying stuff like this... That isn't very Christian of you, Finn.

Old 05-31-2019, 11:07 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
You keep saying stuff like this... That isn't very Christian of you, Finn.
He's a Christian? Must be the same sect that <<no politicians here, please>> is in, it seems.

Last edited by mensaguy; 05-31-2019 at 11:13 AM.. Reason: Edited out names

Old 05-31-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
It is you who is talking about literal marriage, not me. No one, except you and pcamps are referring to it as anything other than a parable, and you do it in order to to make it look like others think it is a literal wedding aka to make them look stupid. It is very dishonest. This kind of nonsense is what pcamps is famous for.

The Bible makes it crystal clear, and it would be clear even if it didn't spell it out. "And again Jesus spoke to them in parables, saying, "The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave a wedding feast for his son....."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Quote:
Filling a rat-hole with sand is menial work - shall I bring a shovel?

Old 05-31-2019, 01:05 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:

Grab your legos, and play with pcamps, and Imissthe90's.

Soooo, are you coming to the wedding? Jesus has invited you, despite of all you have done.
Well, what is your understanding of it then?, How can it be debated unless you share your understanding of it. Thus far, you have given no reason for anyone to think you are talking about anything than some literal marriage feast that you have accepted an invitation to. I get a feeling if by some miracle you oblige with an answer it will come from gotquestions or some google search.

Old 05-31-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
It's actually a very beautiful picture when you allow it to transcend our normal human way of thinking. Which is the dichotomy facing anyone when coming to scripture. How literal do you take what is being discussed? Fundamentalists pride themselves of being literalists. That is why I am challenging Finn on this. If you are literal and a fundamentalist male, in heaven you either marry a man or you become transgendered in your conversion to becoming the bride of Christ.

There is mystery and majesty in the scripture. There are beautiful pictures of what we will experience that we only now "see as thru a glass dimly." I do believe the scriptures are true and without error. The error happens when our mortal minds try to take something much bigger and more majestic than what we can think or imagine and say "this is what this means and it only means this" without some humble acknowledgement of "I don't really have a clue but I want to be there" heart and attitude.
I totally agree, but i am 100% certain that it is not anything to do with an evangelical message that involves being cast into hell for rejecting the invitation. It is quite clear that it was aimed at the religious heirarchy of his day, a system that loved the darkness of their established belief system over that which would set them free from it. The fundamentalist church today is of the same spirit of that old system, it's an old wine that's skunked.

Old 05-31-2019, 06:52 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,863,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I totally agree, but i am 100% certain that it is not anything to do with an evangelical message that involves being cast into hell for rejecting the invitation. It is quite clear that it was aimed at the religious heirarchy of his day, a system that loved the darkness of their established belief system over that which would set them free from it. The fundamentalist church today is of the same spirit of that old system, it's an old wine that's skunked.
I still see in the overall words of Jesus that some will eschew the invitation, to use the term we are lobbing back and forth. What that means to me is that Christians should cast a wide net and bring all that are willing to come and not pre-approve and/or disqualify any of them with rhetoric. Come as you are. You know, as Cliff Barrows would sing at the end of a Billy Graham rally... Just as I am, I come.

Old 05-31-2019, 06:57 PM

Quote:

Grab your legos, and play with pcamps, and Imissthe90's.

Soooo, are you coming to the wedding? Jesus has invited you, despite of all you have done.
Please explain what this parable is saying to you , rather than make snide remarks about me . And no you have not explained anything about this parable other than banging on about how we need to accept some sort of an invitation, an invitation to what?. Admit it you have no idea what this parable is about and all you are parroting is a rehashed version of it passed off to be some sort of invitation to become a christian. Absolute nonsense and butchery to a parable that has got nothing to do with that at all.

It was a wedding feast not a wedding ceremony, at least get that part right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.