Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2019, 04:30 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,320,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

You can still come to the wedding, even though you have refused to answer whether or not you will attend (as has everyone else).
Who is getting married ?.

Old 05-30-2019, 04:34 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,384,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Wait a minute. Yesterday you said you were done here.
Were you manipulated by his deception and lack of integrity?

Old 05-30-2019, 08:06 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,871,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Who is getting married ?.
Jesus and his bride, ie, the church. That's why I asked him if he knew he was marrying a man in heaven.

Old 05-30-2019, 08:32 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,320,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Jesus and his bride, ie, the church. That's why I asked him if he knew he was marrying a man in heaven.
I thought those invited were guests not a bride called the church ?. As far as i am concerned, It's a parable that's been butchered to death by evangelicals. Let's take Finn for an example, is he one of the servants who went out to tell the invited to come?, or is he one of the invited who came?. When he accepted the invitation, did he then become a servant asking other invited folk to come? Who is the guy with no wedding garments on?, how does Finn know that he isn't that guy?.If the setting for this wedding feast is in heaven, then how did the guy with no wedding garments get past Peter at the Pearly Gates. If you are there to witness a wedding(by the way,it was a feast not a wedding) then how can you be the bride or part of?. Evangelicals do not have answers to these reasonable questions about this parable. If it is what the evangelicals say it is, then yes Finn is marrying a man.

Old 05-30-2019, 09:08 PM

10,094 posts, read 5,743,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
9ne d9esnt need proof t9 accept a person at their word. 9ne should have evidence before one is calling someone else a liar. I am not trying to box you into a corner. You are doing it yourself with your claims of others must be lying if they don't fit your preconceived view that same sex attraction is a choice and a false choice at that.

It is a choice. You are the one living a fantasy world.

Quote:

Yes the thread is about why conservative Christians are angry about homosexuality. It is your opinion on issues other than your B8bical beliefs I am responding to, not your Biblical ones as this is not the forum for one like me to do so. Society has a very strong emphasis on opposite sex attraction that it is little wonder that so many feel force to play along.
Play along? Do you really think you would be willing to have same sex relations if you felt peer pressured? I wouldn't. Staying single is perfectly acceptable.

Quote:

I never said that I lack emphathy or compassion for people attracted to young children. I actually feel vertical sorry for them. However I have greater compassion for the chiodren. Your argument that if we allow same sex relationships then we should allow sex with children and animals is as valid as if we allow opposite sex relationships then rape should be legal and acceptable. What part of informed consent do you not understand. So no I am not a hypocrite, sex among two men ot two women requires informed consent, between two people of opposite sex requires informed consent. Sex with a child or someone past out is not informed consent.
No, I am only pointing out the hypocrisy of demanding that we be compassionate to gay people because they were born that way yet completely reject others born that way if it involves a form of sexual immoral that you ACTUALLY find immoral. I'm against all forms of sexual immorality. Sex between a GROWN father and GROWN daughter can be completely done with informed consent yet I doubt you would approve of that. So there goes your consent argument out the window.

Quote:

That you keep trying to tie homosexual acts with rape or child abuse is where you show not only a lack of compassion but also shows just how much you must hate the act of homosexuality. . No those who are attracted to children for sex have as much right to act on it as I have to act upon a sexual attraction to. a beautiful woman who wouldn't look at me twice. Lack of informed concent.
Enough with this lie. The only link with homosexuality is that it is a type of sexual immorality. In your false world, it is just another type of sexual orientation. I am not directly comparing homosexuals to rapists. Someone who rapes and abuses child is so far removed from any semblance ofempathy that their actions are pure evil. I would not say homosexual people are evil. They can be good hearted people who chose to live an immoral lifestyle. The harm they are doing is to themselves.

Quote:

Ellen and her patner gave each other informed consent. Their sexual practices harm no one, certainly not an innocent party and certainly not you. And M9st of their life together does not involved sex.
I guess my point was completely valid since you had to talk around it instead of admitting that I am right.

Old 05-30-2019, 09:41 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,332,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post

Play along? Do you really think you would be willing to have same sex relations if you felt peer pressured? I wouldn't. Staying single is perfectly acceptable.

No, I am only pointing out the hypocrisy of demanding that we be compassionate to gay people because they were born that way yet completely reject others born that way if it involves a form of sexual immoral that you ACTUALLY find immoral. I'm against all forms of sexual immorality. Sex between a GROWN father and GROWN daughter can be completely done with informed consent yet I doubt you would approve of that. So there goes your consent argument out the window.

Enough with this lie. The only link with homosexuality is that it is a type of sexual immorality. In your false world, it is just another type of sexual orientation. I am not directly comparing homosexuals to rapists. Someone who rapes and abuses child is so far removed from any semblance ofempathy that their actions are pure evil. I would not say homosexual people are evil. They can be good hearted people who chose to live an immoral lifestyle. The harm they are doing is to themselves.

I guess my point was completely valid since you had to talk around it instead of admitting that I am right.

Fine you win, sexual orientation is a choice and every gay man or woman who claims otherwise must be an outright liar to dare disagree with you.

You keep missing the point of consent. The difference between what you call sexual immorality of homosexuality is different from sexually attraction to children is informed consent. I am not sure how many times myself and others repeat the requirements of informed consent is a very huge difference between the two. Even in your Bibi call traditional marriage between a man and a woman , one can be charged with rape, a sexual immoral act, if the spouse does not consent to having sex at that time.

As to your claiming victory for something, what did I tap dance around rather than responding to you? Please post whatever you think I did not address and I will resoon d to it and will keep responding until you are totally satisfied that I did fully answer me. I responded to choice, sexual response, if there is evidence that Ellen lied and that I have emphathy towards those orientated towards sex with chikdren. What did I not respond to?

Old 05-30-2019, 09:53 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,332,033 times
Jeff

In addition to my reply as far as incest goes I am not totally committed to an educated opinion. My one concern is how informed is marrage within a family even if they are now adults due to the parental child or sibling relationships that preexisting to adulthood of a chikd.

As far as polygamy goes, my objection to comparing that to allowing same sex marriage ae twi, one is the current use of child brides as used in the cults that illegally practice 8t and mainly the large numbers of laws that need to be decided upon inheritance, pensions, property and not being a family or assets layer are beyond by understandings.

So again you are wrong in inferring I am a hypocrite for backing one thing and not other things because you never asked me my stand on them. With those attracted to children, the objection is that there are victims, the children. I think it is wrong to punish people for what they think rather than what they do. In Canada a man was charged with sexually abusing children or some similar crime by writing a dirty novel with children having sex with adults. No children were involved in reality and he did not distribute it. I don't think he committed a crime.

Old 05-30-2019, 10:50 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,384,178 times
Quote:
Do you really think you would be willing to have same sex relations if you felt peer pressured?
Of course not, it would need to be something natural - not forced?
You really have a difficult time accepting the way someone is born.

Old 05-31-2019, 12:29 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,720,923 times
Quote:
Jeff

In addition to my reply as far as incest goes I am not totally committed to an educated opinion. My one concern is how informed is marrage within a family even if they are now adults due to the parental child or sibling relationships that preexisting to adulthood of a chikd.

As far as polygamy goes, my objection to comparing that to allowing same sex marriage ae twi, one is the current use of child brides as used in the cults that illegally practice 8t and mainly the large numbers of laws that need to be decided upon inheritance, pensions, property and not being a family or assets layer are beyond by understandings.

So again you are wrong in inferring I am a hypocrite for backing one thing and not other things because you never asked me my stand on them. With those attracted to children, the objection is that there are victims, the children. I think it is wrong to punish people for what they think rather than what they do. In Canada a man was charged with sexually abusing children or some similar crime by writing a dirty novel with children having sex with adults. No children were involved in reality and he did not distribute it. I don't think he committed a crime.
I've shown scientific evidence of 1500 animal, fish, fowl and insect species that have homosexuality in their ranks. Where is it MOST prevalent--among apes, gorillas, monkeys, in other words Hominidae that includes humans.

Those among each group that are homo animals made conscious decisions to become one. Now, jeff will buy that idea because it is so scientific to determine each human at some point said "Ergo! I will be attracted to the opposite sex, or the same sex, or both sexes."

Old 05-31-2019, 03:56 AM

16,690 posts, read 15,697,489 times
Quote:

You are wrong on every point you posted. Furthermore, you've been corrected on most of this more than once, sometimes by people who obviously know more than the rest of us since they are members of the LGBT community. You've ignored everything you've been told.

I can't understand why you bother posting this stuff when you've already been corrected about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity