Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2019, 07:15 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times

Advertisements

Poor, sad Finny.

He's not fooling anybody, anymore.

Old 05-30-2019, 07:45 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
This pathetic argument again? I didn't choose to be straight because God designed me and every other human being to be heterosexual. If you go against God's nature then you are choosing to be gay.
"I didn't make a choice, but those darned gays did!"

One of the dumbest arguments I have ever heard, and proof that the question can not be answered honestly by fundies.

Old 05-30-2019, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I have asked each one of my accusers to show me the posts where I became guilty of the things they accuse me of and none of them were able to do so.

Can you?

You cannot. I also see thought you, and your whole tribe of mockers and scoffers and the nastiness of the gay agenda itself.

Gay agenda is a dirty sport (the devils play ground), and it is best to stay away from it.
I provided plenty of dirt on you, Finn. In your own words, from posts you made. You are clearly guilty of believing gay people to be beneath straight people, that we can all see plainly.

So, I will ask again, since you still have not done so... If you want to clear up any misconceptions or misrepresentations of your views, tell us what those views actually are. Not "only Jesus can judge", but what your personal opinion on the subject of homosexuality in regards to your beliefs. Until you do so, it just looks like we are all right, and you are avoiding the subject and playing the Christian persecution card.

Old 05-30-2019, 08:09 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
I provided plenty of dirt on you, Finn. In your own words, from posts you made.
You tried, and failed. We went over the posts you quoted, and none said what you claim they said. You had to do some serious re-wording to twist them into something else. Others tried too, and also came up empty handed.

At this point it really does not matter. I do not care.

You can still come to the wedding, even though you have refused to answer whether or not you will attend (as has everyone else).

Old 05-30-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:
You tried, and failed. We went over the posts you quoted, and none said what you claim they said. You had to do some serious re-wording to twist them into something else. Others tried too, and also came up empty handed.

You can still come to the wedding, even though you have refused to answer whether or not you will attend (as has everyone else).
I didn't change your words, Finny, I added my part ABOVE your posts. You DID say the things I claimed you did. They were right there in your posts. Sure, you can continue to play word games, just like your buddy Jeff, and say, "I didn't say those exact words in that exact way!" if you want, but most of us obviously see through that.

But sure, you can continue to let the whole of the forum see that we are right instead of clearing up any misconceptions. That's fine with me, since it just proves we are right about you.

And I did answer your question, Finn. I have no reason to worry about the wedding. If your God is just (meaning he isn't the tyrant a lot of you fundies make him out to be), then I am already there. If not, I don't want to be there.

Old 05-30-2019, 08:43 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
I didn't change your words, Finny, I added my part ABOVE your posts.
You tried, and failed. I dont give a <<bleep>> what you have to say about it at this point.

Last edited by mensaguy; 05-30-2019 at 08:49 AM.. Reason: language

Old 05-30-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
You tried, and failed. I dont give a <<bleep>> what you have to say about it at this point.
I apparently tried and succeeded, based on the fact that you refuse to clarify and clear up any of these so-called inaccuracies. But okay, you can continue to be the chicken on the chess board if that's your deal. No skin off my teeth.

Old 05-30-2019, 08:58 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Well, here's another story that I stumbled across. I went through a couple of links to get to the original story.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/17/h...etirement.html

These ladies have been together for 40 years and married in 2009. They went to the retirement community, liked what they saw, paid the deposit, put their home on the market, cancelled their vacation (since they would be moving), and made plans to join friends who already lived there.

After their deposit had been accepted, they were called back and asked the nature of their relationship. When they replied that they were married, the company said they would call back. They were denied housing beause the company policy only recognizes spouses of opposite sexes. “The term ‘marriage’ as used in this policy means the union of one man and one woman, as marriage is understood in the Bible,” the policy noted.

The couple are suing the company on the basis of sex discrimination, saying that their application would have been accepted if either of them had been a man. The case is currently in a federal appeals court.

Do you think that it is OK to discriminate against these ladies in a housing environment where accommodations are offered to the public?

Old 05-30-2019, 08:59 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:

Wait a minute. Yesterday you said you were done here.

Old 05-30-2019, 09:27 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Can you provide evidence that she is telling the truth? Huh? Sorry, facts are not on your side. All you can do is throw out these pathetic attempts to try to box me into a corner and then claim I'm lying. Pathetic.

The topic is not about oh let's see if you can show compassion. This is a thread asking our opinion. We give it. PERIOD. Comments like this are nothing but shallow attempts to shame us and it again just self righteous grand standing. BTW, where is your compassion for people who are shamed because they want to have an incestous affair? They just want to have the freedom to express their natural love for each other. Where is your compassion for people BORN with a sexual desire for minors? Even if they never act on those impulsions, society says they should be cast off this earth. Got compassion for them? If not, then your position is completely hypocritical.

Ellen almost married her high school sweetheart. OH guess what, that sweetheart was a male football player. But hey, she was just faking it, right? Got any evidence she was faking heterosexuality? <crickets>
9ne d9esnt need proof t9 accept a person at their word. 9ne should have evidence before one is calling someone else a liar. I am not trying to box you into a corner. You are doing it yourself with your claims of others must be lying if they don't fit your preconceived view that same sex attraction is a choice and a false choice at that.

Yes the thread is about why conservative Christians are angry about homosexuality. It is your opinion on issues other than your B8bical beliefs I am responding to, not your Biblical ones as this is not the forum for one like me to do so. Society has a very strong emphasis on opposite sex attraction that it is little wonder that so many feel force to play along.

I never said that I lack emphathy or compassion for people attracted to young children. I actually feel vertical sorry for them. However I have greater compassion for the chiodren. Your argument that if we allow same sex relationships then we should allow sex with children and animals is as valid as if we allow opposite sex relationships then rape should be legal and acceptable. What part of informed consent do you not understand. So no I am not a hypocrite, sex among two men ot two women requires informed consent, between two people of opposite sex requires informed consent. Sex with a child or someone past out is not informed consent.

That you keep trying to tie homosexual acts with rape or child abuse is where you show not only a lack of compassion but also shows just how much you must hate the act of homosexuality. . No those who are attracted to children for sex have as much right to act on it as I have to act upon a sexual attraction to. a beautiful woman who wouldn't look at me twice. Lack of informed concent.

Ellen and her patner gave each other informed consent. Their sexual practices harm no one, certainly not an innocent party and certainly not you. And M9st of their life together does not involved sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.