Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2019, 02:13 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Those are your words, not mine. Putting words in other people's mouth is very dishonest, and you seem to do that a lot. Besides, I have told you repeatedly I believe gays should have equal rights, so now you are just flat out misrepresenting my view.

The good news is that you have been invited to the wedding.

Are you coming?

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
What Baloney, Jesus Christ never taught an invitation to a wedding is good news. You are just throwing bible verses together and interpreting them to be accept or face the consequences. Jesus came that we might have life right here in the here and now. You obviously don’t know this because if you did you would be speaking like that is your experience rather than something you are going to experience in the future.

Old 05-29-2019, 02:16 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,865,336 times
Quote:
Those are your words, not mine. Putting words in other people's mouth is very dishonest, and you seem to do that a lot. Besides, I have told you repeatedly I believe gays should have equal rights, so now you are just flat out misrepresenting my view.

Are you coming?

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
I see responses from what I gather are Christians that also happen to identify as gay because of their sexual inclinations that they say they cannot turn on and off like a switch. I can't say this about any of them, but i do have my good friend I mentioned earlier. He is born again. He is saved. As saved as you and me, there is no question in his mind or mine that he is saved. Yet he is also gay. I know that he has a seat at this banquet. He knows he has been invited is looking forward to the day and will be happier than me or you to be there.

Do you think he will be shunned?

Old 05-29-2019, 02:27 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Thanks for posting this MQ. I, like others, have backed off posting here because it gets tiring being told how we are not true Christians, know nothing about the bible etc. They refuse to accept that the bible was written and edited by man, it is not the perfect word of God etc. If it was the perfect word of God, then it would be a God in its own right as only God is perfect, and they would have to be perfect to know it was perfect - something none of us are.
Well said.

Old 05-29-2019, 02:28 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,081 times
Quote:
Those are your words, not mine. Putting words in other people's mouth is very dishonest, and you seem to do that a lot.
You said it just above, Finn. You may not say it in those exact words, but you say it nonetheless. You believe gay people are willfully living in sin. Simply by saying those words, and you have Finn, you have shown that you don't believe gay people will be with the likes of you in the end.

You have also said, in a post I quoted, that gay people should marry straight people. So no, I am not putting words in your mouth. You can stick your foot in you mouth plenty well on your own.

Quote:
Besides, I have told you repeatedly I believe gays should have equal rights, so now you are just flat out misrepresenting my view.
Except it sounds like you do believe that way. Playing words games and saying they should have "equal rights", while also saying previously that they already had "equal rights", just proves you don't believe in actual equality, Finn. You are saying that you believe they already had equal rights to marry people of the opposite sex, therefore having the right to marry someone of the same sex is "special rights", or whatever. Now granted, you have also said somewhere that you really don't care if they get married, but we all know that this isn't the same as believing in equality. It is also clear when you repeatedly claim they aren't "normal", that you do not see them as equal to heterosexuals.

But please, prove to me I am wrong, and tell us that you really believe that gay people should be able to get married, share all the spousal privileges, and be spared from all discrimination by the religious and bigots (notice, these are separated, as not all people who discriminate are religious, obviously).

I am only going by what it sounds like you are saying. If I am wrong clarify it. You have been asked to do so at least 20 times by at least 4 different posters, and have yet to do so. If you are being misrepresented, then clear it up and tell us what you really mean, without the word games.

Quote:

Are you coming?

If your version of God is truly just, I have nothing to worry about. If he requires me to be someone I am not, and lie about it, then no, I will not be coming. I won't lie to myself and everyone around me because your God is too small to see past my sexual proclivities, which he gave to me in the first place. So, that is entirely up to your God.

Last edited by ImissThe90's; 05-29-2019 at 02:53 PM..

Old 05-29-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Yesterday someone asked why people are not preaching the good news.

Now you know: It will simply NOT be tolerated. You can try, like I did, but people will tear into you like a pack of wolves demanding you say something else.
Mr. Jarber, you cannot preach "good news" when you are a wolf in sheep's clothing, seeking whom you may devour through a biased and prejudice (religious) perception. Remove the stony-heart and you may see things more clearly.

Old 05-29-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Interesting? Why are you angry, Mr. Jarber?

What is the Biblical view that you support and believe in reference to homosexuals in its entirety which you continue to ignore with your misdirection, manipulations, and down-right lying? The question was not reworded - it was actually another question. It is you who can't seem to separate them.

What is this garment or seal of the Holy Spirit that you believe you have as a Bible-believing fundamentalist and others need? Please, try to take yourself down from that self-righteous pedestal that you have placed yourself on before answering.
Quote:
Lets pray for Jerwade
You can pray all you like, but that still does not answer the questions.

Old 05-29-2019, 03:15 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
The day will come when he will be unable to lie to himself anymore, or anyone else.

Old 05-29-2019, 03:16 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
I see responses from what I gather are Christians that also happen to identify as gay because of their sexual inclinations that they say they cannot turn on and off like a switch. I can't say this about any of them, but i do have my good friend I mentioned earlier. He is born again. He is saved. As saved as you and me, there is no question in his mind or mine that he is saved. Yet he is also gay. I know that he has a seat at this banquet. He knows he has been invited is looking forward to the day and will be happier than me or you to be there.

Do you think he will be shunned?
I do not get to decide (and nor would I want to) who enters and who does not. Jesus does not need our help in that process. The Bible teaches we receive the seal of salvation, which is the Holy Spirit when we believe, so if he has it, then IMO, he is coming, but in the end of the day Jesus will be the judge. Wouldn't you agree? Will a greedy people be shunned? How about those who slander? People who get drunk? Swindlers (used car salesman)? Let Jesus be the judge. Everyone stumbles.

For some weird reason this answer offends many on this forum, but it is my opinion nonetheless. As a matter of fact, just repeating this again will probably draw an angry / hostile response.

It will be something like this (which we just heard from Jerwade): "you are a wolf in sheep's clothing, seeking whom you may devour through a biased and prejudice (religious) perception."

The idea of leaving judgment to Jesus won't be tolerated and/or accepted.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 05-29-2019 at 04:24 PM..

Old 05-29-2019, 03:17 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
You said it just above, Finn. You may not say it in those exact words, but you say it nonetheless.
No, you are not being honest. You need a lot of work in that regard.

Old 05-29-2019, 03:21 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The day will come when he will be unable to lie to himself anymore, or anyone else.
Even his fellow fundies have distanced themselves from him. Fundamentalists are never shy about openly sharing what they believe, so i can understand why they have done so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity