Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2019, 08:57 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Coming from a guy that has said his fair share of rude, obnoxious, hateful, and hurtful things, I don't doubt you do see it that way. Honestly.
I'm done. I just can't take anymore of this crap.
And hurtful things, you poor miserable sensitive bible worshipper ? Who gives a Moderator cut: <bleep> about the feelings of the homosexuals you so easily codemn.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 01-19-2019 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: Bad language filter

Old 01-20-2019, 05:50 AM

10,090 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I, too, see none of that in Warden's posts. He is a follower of Jesus and a learned preacher of the Gospel of Christ, IMO.
A follower of Jesus who rejects God's Word and who told me to go burn in hell because I won't support sin. His words are so foul that I will never speak with such a person again.

Old 01-20-2019, 06:05 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
A follower of Jesus who rejects God's Word and who told me to go burn in hell because I won't support sin. His words are so foul that I will never speak with such a person again.
Then, why speak about them?

Old 01-20-2019, 07:26 AM

6,797 posts, read 2,913,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD
I, too, see none of that in Warden's posts. He is a follower of Jesus and a learned preacher of the Gospel of Christ, IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
How many times must you be told before it sinks in that HOMOSEXUALITY IS NOT A SIN??

Old 01-20-2019, 08:01 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
How many times must you be told before it sinks in that HOMOSEXUALITY IS NOT A SIN??
Doesn't compute. The next fundie you meet who is interested in the truth will be the first.

Old 01-20-2019, 09:02 AM

88,616 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Or that it is a sin to mistreat people because of who they are. And yes, mistreating people by the act of dismissing their pain, as was done to the OP by his family and posters on this forum using justification for the mistreatment that they are "sinful" because of a Bible quote, seems a lot worse to me than being born attracted to humans of your own gender.

If that makes me un-Christian in the thinking of people who champion such unkindness, good. I wouldn't want to be a person like that.

Old 01-20-2019, 11:19 AM

16,678 posts, read 15,684,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Coming from a guy that has said his fair share of rude, obnoxious, hateful, and hurtful things, I don't doubt you do see it that way. Honestly. That's what this forum has become. 500+ pages of bigotry attacking Christianity for its 2000 year old beliefs, and telling anyone that holds to them that they are wrong. We say something about it and get told we're the issue.

I'm done. I just can't take anymore of this crap.
For the benefit of the lurkers, I feel compelled to respond.

I don't do "rude, obnoxious, hateful, and hurtful things." I will say that when I see somebody post "Honestly" I'm highly suspicious that it isn't. You mention Christianity's 2000 year old beliefs, but you fail to say which Christians. There are thousands of different kinds of Christians. If you don't say which one you are talking about, nobody knows what you mean. Southern Baptists believe differently than American Baptists, United Methodists, Presbyterian Church USA, Episcopalian, Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, or the Lutheran Church ELCA. Geez. Those last two are so different that they will hardly even speak to each other.

Incidentally, the book of Leviticus was written between 600 and 1500 years before that 2000 years you mentioned.

Now, what beliefs are you talking about that all Christians believe?

ETA: I highly encourage everybody to follow the link back icons. It's the little blue ">" symbol to the right of the Username in each quoted post. If you follow those linkbacks, you can follow this entire message chain back 20 posts or so and see who responded to who's questions and who failed to do so.

Last edited by mensaguy; 01-20-2019 at 11:22 AM.. Reason: Added the ETA.

Old 01-20-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
I guess when you can somehow convince me that a verse which says it is unnatural for men or women to have relations with each other does not mean it is unnatural for men or women to have relations with each other. Or that Jesus was just joking when He said marriage was made for a man and a woman.

Old 01-20-2019, 11:23 AM

I guess when you can somehow convince me that a verse which says it is unnatural for men or women to have relations with each other does not mean it is unnatural for men or women to have relations with each other. Or that Jesus was just joking when He said marriage was made for a man and a woman.

But then again, why should I believe someone who rejects the Bible has being the Word of God or equates Paul to the level of a Joel Osteen book?

Old 01-20-2019, 11:32 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
For the benefit of the lurkers, I feel compelled to respond.

I don't do "rude, obnoxious, hateful, and hurtful things." I will say that when I see somebody post "Honestly" I'm highly suspicious that it isn't. You mention Christianity's 2000 year old beliefs, but you fail to say which Christians. There are thousands of different kinds of Christians. If you don't say which one you are talking about, nobody knows what you mean. Southern Baptists believe differently than American Baptists, United Methodists, Presbyterian Church USA, Episcopalian, Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, or the Lutheran Church ELCA. Geez. Those last two are so different that they will hardly even speak to each other.

Incidentally, the book of Leviticus was written between 600 and 1500 years before that 2000 years you mentioned.

Now, what beliefs are you talking about that all Christians believe?

ETA: I highly encourage everybody to follow the link back icons. It's the little blue ">" symbol to the right of the Username in each quoted post. If you follow those linkbacks, you can follow this entire message chain back 20 posts or so and see who responded to who's questions and who failed to do so.
I have NEVER seen or heard rude, obnoxious, hateful or hurtful things come from your keyboard.
It amounts to nothing more than a false accusation, which seems to happen when all else fails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity