Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2019, 09:56 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,718,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
WRONG. IF the owner was prejudiced against gay people, he would have never sold them anything. He only refused when they wanted a custom transaction involving an institution (gay marriage) that had not existed before. Until the last few years, the law of the land was the DOMA which defined marriage as ONLY between a man and a woman. The only discrimination occurring here is discriminating against gay marriage.
If they weren't prejudiced (the Oregon bakery) why did they try to "shame" the couple by outing them on their facebook page?

We never underestimate your, nor other fundies, jubilation at what you consider humiliation of "sinners" (as long as it isn't you or yours, of course, like when you were so saddened to see poor Josh Duggar outed for his sin by the media).

Hypocrite.

Old 02-12-2019, 11:59 AM

10,090 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Jeff, are you willing, in exchange for the right to discriminate against people based on them doing something you think is wrong, to be okay with other people discriminating against anyone for doing something they think is wrong?
I think a private business owner has the right to determine who and how they want to conduct business.
If a restaurant wants every customer to wear a suit and tie, is that not discriminating against people who don't dress that way?

Quote:

So, if a cake shop owner refuses to sell a wedding cake to people of two different races because they believe race-mixing is abhorrent to God, would you be okay with that? Or a Catholic who won't sell a wedding cake to anyone who isn't Catholic, for instance, because they believe only marriage between two Catholics is ordained by God? Or, maybe another fundamentalist Christian owns the shop, and they won't sell a wedding cake to anyone who has been divorced? Or someone from Peta owns the shop and they refuse to sell a wedding cake to anyone who doesn't allow pets at their wedding ceremony?
That's their right to do so. I wouldn't be outraged if a Satanist business owner didn't want to service Christians. Racial discrimination is an exception because society as a whole has deemed that it has no place in society at all.

Quote:

The list could get more and more ridiculous but, you get the point? Are you willing to allow anyone to discriminate against anyone else for any reason that they deem as important? I mean, it's a way to go, honestly … just let any non-essential business discriminate against whomever they want to. But, would you be up in arms about it if the discrimination was directed against you or people you cared about?

The flip side is by demanding all encompassing anti-discrimination laws, you destroy many American institutions and traditions. Boy scouts can no longer be called boy scouts because they have to multi-gender now. What's next? West Point has to accept everyone in their academy? A pet store owner has to sell wares to dog fighters? A person can go into a tattoo shop and demand any kind of tattoo like maybe a Swastika? The gay coffeee shop owner can not refuse to service Christians because he doesn't like what they are reading in his store? Discrimination is part of life in the real world. Everyone doesn't get their way all the time.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:23 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:
I think a private business owner has the right to determine who and how they want to conduct business.
If a restaurant wants every customer to wear a suit and tie, is that not discriminating against people who don't dress that way?

That's their right to do so. I wouldn't be outraged if a Satanist business owner didn't want to service Christians. Racial discrimination is an exception because society as a whole has deemed that it has no place in society at all.

The flip side is by demanding all encompassing anti-discrimination laws, you destroy many American institutions and traditions. Boy scouts can no longer be called boy scouts because they have to multi-gender now. What's next? West Point has to accept everyone in their academy? A pet store owner has to sell wares to dog fighters? A person can go into a tattoo shop and demand any kind of tattoo like maybe a Swastika? The gay coffeee shop owner can not refuse to service Christians because he doesn't like what they are reading in his store? Discrimination is part of life in the real world. Everyone doesn't get their way all the time.
Okay. As far as I'm concerned, at least that is a consistent view to hold. Except the one thing I have bolded. Society has also deemed that discrimination against homosexuals has no place. So, now what do you do with that?

Old 02-12-2019, 01:02 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Okay. As far as I'm concerned, at least that is a consistent view to hold. Except the one thing I have bolded. Society has also deemed that discrimination against homosexuals has no place. So, now what do you do with that?
Whine. Cry. Complain. Mewl. Throw tantrums. Explore new methods of hissy-fitting. Scrunch panties into a bunch. Moan. Whimper.

Repeat ad nauseum.

Old 02-12-2019, 01:07 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Whine. Cry. Complain. Mewl. Throw tantrums. Explore new methods of hissy-fitting. Scrunch panties into a bunch. Moan. Whimper.

Repeat ad nauseum.
Yea, basically... Isn't it funny how he cares what society has to say in regards to things like race, but doesn't care when it comes to gay rights? It's almost as if, and bear with me here, he cherry picks the people he thinks should be discriminated against...

And let's not act like Jeff wouldn't be the first one on here screaming about discrimination if Christians were being turned away. He has done so in this very thread about the coffee shop, I believe. His hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Old 02-12-2019, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Society hasn't deemed that at all. Only 21 states have laws against sexual orientation discrimination.
Do you honestly think this is a quality of life destroying reality for gay people who only have to resolve the issue by taking their business elsewhere?

The alarming reality that Bible believing Christians need to see is that the gay community is exclusively targeting Christians through the facade of these laws. The gay community has gone after Jake Phillips again even though it is clear that he won't service their requests.

Quote:

Hunt said of them, "They're actually striking back and saying 'this is just outright persecution. You're not interested in stopping discrimination. You're interested in hunting Christians down.'"

Ellis believes the suit is a smart idea. She said, "If Christians are always only on the defensive, then we're going to continue to lose ground. We have to be also making sure that we're standing up and we're standing forward."

Ellis and Hunt warn people of faith should be deeply concerned about their religious freedom given some of today's leaders and officials.

"Even after the Colorado Civil Rights Commission heard from the US Supreme Court in a 7-2 decision, including Obama appointees, telling them to stop targeting people of faith, the government essentially ignored it," Hunt said.

'This Is Outright Christian Persecution': Baker Jack Phillips Strikes Back at Colorado's Anti-Christian Attacks | CBN News

Old 02-12-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

Repeat ad nauseum.
The only whiner is you against God's people on a daily basis.

Old 02-12-2019, 01:33 PM

1,146 posts, read 649,369 times
Quote:
Christians aren't allowed to discriminate against homosexuals, but that doesn't stop conceited gays from baseless accusations. Of all people, gays are the most hypocritical.

Gays claim the right to be respected for their perverse life style, but deny respect of others to live their lives as they choose. They do not respect the right of a straight person or a religious person to live as they choose. Instead, all are supposed to embrace the gay agenda. It is forced upon us all in the media, in schools, on public streets and in government.

American society may make the gay life style legal, but it cannot make such a thing right. Persecution and murder of Jews in Germany was once legal, but it wasn't right. Slavery of blacks was once legal in America, but it wasn't right. The entire population of Japanese Americans were once legally incarcerated in prison camps. Was THAT right? Genocide of Native Americans was once a legal policy of the US government, but that didn't make it right. In the United States a woman can murder her own child. It's not right, but its legal. Unless society's laws reflect the rightness of the Holy Bible, it will never be right in what it condones.

One wonders that anything of value in America survives the carnage of legality. Our once great civilization is circling the drain of history even as fools rule our courts and congress.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 02-12-2019, 01:35 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
I think a private business owner has the right to determine who and how they want to conduct business. If a restaurant wants every customer to wear a suit and tie, is that not discriminating against people who don't dress that way?

The flip side is by demanding all encompassing anti-discrimination laws, you destroy many American institutions and traditions. Boy scouts can no longer be called boy scouts because they have to multi-gender now. What's next? West Point has to accept everyone in their academy? A pet store owner has to sell wares to dog fighters? A person can go into a tattoo shop and demand any kind of tattoo like maybe a Swastika? The gay coffee shop owner can not refuse to service Christians because he doesn't like what they are reading in his store? Discrimination is part of life in the real world. Everyone doesn't get their way all the time.
The only person you are fooling is yourself. You can get a Swastika tattoo, you can buy a spiked collar for your dog, you can dress-up and go out to dinner or chose not to, the girl scouts still sell girl scout cookies. What bothers you the most is that of other peoples sexual activities; and your right to discriminate against them based on your personal beliefs, while hiding behind your religion.

Old 02-12-2019, 01:46 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Christians aren't allowed to discriminate against homosexuals, but that doesn't stop conceited gays from baseless accusations. Of all people, gays are the most hypocritical.
Actually, that would be fundamentalists:

Quote:
Gays claim the right to be respected for their perverse life style, but deny respect of others to live their lives as they choose. They do not respect the right of a straight person or a religious person to live as they choose. Instead, all are supposed to embrace the gay agenda. It is forced upon us all in the media, in schools, on public streets and in government.

American society may make the gay life style legal, but it cannot make such a thing right. Persecution and murder of Jews in Germany was once legal, but it wasn't right. Slavery of blacks was once legal in America, but it wasn't right. The entire population of Japanese Americans were once legally incarcerated in prison camps - all legal but not right. Genocide of Native Americans was once a legal policy of the US government, but that didn't make it right. Unless society's laws reflect the rightness of the Holy Bible, it will never be right in what it condones.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
And your hypocrisy has been noted, freedom for everyone because that is their right, except for the gay communities who according to you have a different agenda?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity