Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2018, 11:43 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
So.... you'd feel better if Christians would start condemnining adulterers again?
They never condoned adultery. These days the agenda is that you must deny certain things are not sinful, or else you will be attacked and accused of hatred etc.

Don't let people manipulate you into leaving the path Jesus wants you to walk.

Old 09-07-2018, 11:44 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,710,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
You are a product of early twentieth century CULTURE, not careful reading of the Bible. Jesus didn't have any problem with gays, "eunuchs who have been that way since birth."

Jesus as the role model is all about "causing no harm." It's crafted into His words about not returning evil for evil and doing unto others as you would have them do unto you.

But "book" religion ignores Jesus in favor of the "book." It is therefore uniquely armored against criticism, questioning, and self-correction. It is uniquely armored against anything that might stop it from spinning into extreme absurdity, extreme denial of reality and extreme, grotesque immorality.

Causing no harm is the litmus test for anyone who holds freedom to be sacred. Having a rulebook to condemn people causing no harm is for bigots and despots.
Sadly, many of these Christian fundamentalists would be happy if gays were put to death. They want a government that will not tolerate anything they think is wrong and would be happy to have a dictator putting people to death. They already condone one who kidnaps and cages child immigrants. They will tolerate violence in the name of their religion just as easily as any Muslim.

Old 09-07-2018, 11:45 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,027,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Sadly, many of these Christian fundamentalists would be happy if gays were put to death. They want a government that will not tolerate anything they think is wrong and would be happy to have a dictator putting people to death. They already condone one who kidnaps and cages child immigrants. They will tolerate violence in the name of their religion just as easily as any Muslim.
Yet MORE stereotyping. Yay.

I suppose I COULD say that many atheists would be just peachy with the idea of Christians being rounded up and killed. Because, after all..it's happened in the past....

Old 09-07-2018, 11:50 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I sincerely doubt there is truth to this pertaining to "many". Some, perhaps.

Old 09-07-2018, 12:02 PM

88,589 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I sincerely doubt there is truth to this pertaining to "many". Some, perhaps.
I agree. I don't believe most fundamentalists want to kill anybody. That's pretty extreme. They seem to just want gays to somehow stop being gay and are very resistant to the fact that gay people were created as gay people. It is hard to question and let go of old beliefs and teachings.

Old 09-07-2018, 12:23 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Alright. We're done fish-boy. Honestly. I'm just tired of the bigotry and lies. You are among the most hateful, vile, bigoted, rude, obnoxious people on this forum. Why you're allowed to run amok here and act like a jackass is beyond me, but I'm done. You'll get nothing more from me from here on.
BOOM!

hope you'll recover trout.

Old 09-07-2018, 12:48 PM

463 posts, read 189,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Your church and its beliefs will be extinct in two generations.

Thank whatever god-thing you want.
Yea man, the world has been systematically trying to silence the church for two millenia and it's stronger than ever, but in two generations it won't be here because a guy on CD forums says so as a way to vent and outlet anger

Last edited by JCHouseHunter; 09-07-2018 at 01:19 PM..

Old 09-07-2018, 12:53 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I agree. I don't believe most fundamentalists want to kill anybody. That's pretty extreme. They seem to just want gays to somehow stop being gay and are very resistant to the fact that gay people were created as gay people. It is hard to question and let go of old beliefs and teachings.

Old 09-07-2018, 01:09 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,027,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHouseHunter View Post
Yea man, the world has been systematically trying to silence the church for two decades and it's stronger than ever, but in two generations it won't be here because a guy on CD forums says so as a way to vent and outlet anger
You mean 2 millenia?

Old 09-07-2018, 01:18 PM

463 posts, read 189,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You mean 2 millenia?
Yep
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity