Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2019, 01:17 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,722,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Because he knows how his views will be seen by most people. As I have said before, if you are ashamed of your views, you should probably rethink them.
Oh no, not ashamed at all, and nor am I shopping for ideas which are more politically correct, or might appease the demands of the gay agenda.

The question answered: Ironically you are all making the same mistake as Jerwade, because I was asked the same question some time back, and I answered it four times. Being gay, or not being one has nothing to do with who gets in. Everyone is invited and is welcome, and if you agree to come, you will be given a garment to wear. This garment is the seal of the Holy Spirit, and everyone who wears it will be allowed in. I explained this four times, since the person asking the question kept re-wording the question after it had been answered in order to claim it had not been answered. The answer is still the same. Yes, they are invited, and they are welcome and if they wear the garment, they will be allowed to stay. There are no special rules for gay and straight. Same rule applies to everyone.

The problem is not that people are not invited, or cannot come, the problem is that they are invited and REFUSE to come, or they demand entry without the garment aka the seal of the Holy Spirit, which is salvation. You can read more about this in the thread we had about this topic specifically.

I know you will come back crying about how a question was not answered the way you wanted, but it is what it is. You do not have to like the answers, and nor do you have to agree with them.

Some other examples when people refused to come:

"How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing!"

Old 05-29-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
There goes that "code" again... Poor Finn, can't even answer simple questions about his beliefs, lest he be outed as a mere "fundie" with typical ignorant fundie views...
Not at all. Feel free to call me anything you want. People here have been calling me far worse things for years.

Old 05-29-2019, 01:19 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,404,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Despite his verbal squirming and slithering, Finn has been outed as just another typical fundie.

And it pisses him off.
Saying contradictory things is saying one thing to one person and the opposite thing to another, but it can also refer to saying contradictory things to the same person, so that the answer provided is vague or ambiguous. In addition, double-talking is a form of speech in which nonsense is used to give the appearance of having knowledge; confusing or amusing the audience. Furthermore, he manipulates two opposing sides of an argument, against one another for his own benefit or advantage without ever committing himself. Basically, he talks out both sides of his mouth.

Old 05-29-2019, 01:20 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,344,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Ironically you are all making the same mistake as Jerwade, because I was asked the same question some time back, and I answered it four times. Being gay, or not being one has nothing to do with who gets in. Everyone is invited and is welcome, and if you agree to come, you will be given a garment to wear. This garment is the seal of the Holy Spirit, and everyone who wears it will be allowed in. I explained this four times, since the person asking the question kept re-wording the question after it had been answered in order to claim it had not been answered. The answer is still the same. Yes, they are invited, and they are welcome and if they wear the garment, they will be allowed to stay. There are no special rules for gay and straight. Same rule applies to everyone.

I asked Jerwade 5-6 times if he was coming, and he refused to answer.

How about you? Are you coming?
We all know what you are saying, you are using evangelical catchphrases to avoid saying “You are invited to the wedding feast, but unless you repent of being an homosexual you will not have the garment of the Holy Spirit to remain at the table”. You obviously think this is something literal that happens up in the sky in your fundy heaven, tell me this, was Peter asleep at the pearly gates when the geezer who never had the wedding attire on snuck in?. How can someone get into heaven according to your beliefs when you need to be a “saved Christian” to do so?. You don’t have answer to this, your theology is not only contradictory but is not supported by the scriptures.

We know according to evangelical doctrine, everyone is welcome, and that agreeing to come in, means accepting Jesus to be your savior, which according to evangelicals is repenting from sin, and homosexuality is sinful in the eyes of evangelicals, so to continue in homosexuality would mean to you evangelicals that they have not accepted Jesus to be their savior.

Old 05-29-2019, 01:21 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,591,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Good post, Saintmarks.

This thread was opened by an actual gay person who has been seriously mistreated by Christians because he was gay. He has posted more of his story elsewhere around the forum.

The "it's all a gay agenda" thing is a diversionary tactic, as I'm sure you've figured out on your own.

You are newer here, and I'm sure haven't read through this entire thread, but we have had gay and bi and even a trans poster here, and certain Christian posters have been very nasty to them. The most extreme posts had to be deleted.

However, there is always balance, and those of us whose Christian outlook gives us reason to believe we should stand up for the oppressed have spoken up for them, so despite some of the ugliness in this thread, the thread has also served as an opportunity for Christians to rise and support their LBGT brothers and sisters.
Thanks for posting this MQ. I, like others, have backed off posting here because it gets tiring being told how we are not true Christians, know nothing about the bible etc. They refuse to accept that the bible was written and edited by man, it is not the perfect word of God etc. If it was the perfect word of God, then it would be a God in its own right as only God is perfect, and they would have to be perfect to know it was perfect - something none of us are.

Old 05-29-2019, 01:28 PM

Yesterday someone asked why people are not preaching the good news.

Now you know: It will simply NOT be tolerated. You can try, like I did, but people will tear into you like a pack of wolves demanding you say something else.

How do you make such people happy?

You can't, because such anger simply does not mix with the good news.

Quote:
Don’t give that which is holy to the dogs, neither throw
your pearls before the pigs, lest perhaps they trample
them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Old 05-29-2019, 01:41 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,611,614 times
Quote:
Oh no, not ashamed at all, and nor am I shopping for ideas which are more politically correct, or might appease the demands of the gay agenda.

The question answered: Ironically you are all making the same mistake as Jerwade, because I was asked the same question some time back, and I answered it four times. Being gay, or not being one has nothing to do with who gets in. Everyone is invited and is welcome, and if you agree to come, you will be given a garment to wear. This garment is the seal of the Holy Spirit, and everyone who wears it will be allowed in. I explained this four times, since the person asking the question kept re-wording the question after it had been answered in order to claim it had not been answered. The answer is still the same. Yes, they are invited, and they are welcome and if they wear the garment, they will be allowed to stay. There are no special rules for gay and straight. Same rule applies to everyone.

The problem is not that people are not invited, or cannot come, the problem is that they are invited and REFUSE to come, or they demand entry without the garment aka the seal of the Holy Spirit, which is salvation. You can read more about this in the thread we had about this topic specifically.
So long story short, gay people are invited, and will be welcomed, as long as they do nothing gay, or repent for being gay (the way your God made them, btw), because that wouldn't be "wearing the garment of the Holy Spirit".... got ya.

Quote:
I know you will come back crying about how a question was not answered the way you wanted, but it is what it is. You do not have to like the answers, and nor do you have to agree with them.

Some other examples when people refused to come:

"How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing!"

No, it was answered, and it was exactly as we thought. You play word games, and say "everyone is welcome", but that isn't what you really mean. What you really mean, is that everyone is welcome, but only if they fit certain parameters, and gay people do not fit those parameters.

Old 05-29-2019, 01:45 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,611,614 times
Quote:

Now you know: It will simply NOT be tolerated. You can try, like I did, but people will tear into you like a pack of wolves demanding you say something else.

You honestly think the "good news" is telling gay people to act straight and marry someone of the opposite sex (and never be able to live life as themselves) or be left out in the cold come judgment time? You think it is "good news" to want discriminatory policies in place to allow religious people to refuse service to gay people?

Finn, you have shared exactly ZERO things that most people would consider "good news".

Old 05-29-2019, 01:45 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,344,770 times
Quote:

You have flat out rejected the good news in favor of a message created by your evangelical fundamentalist Father’s, which doesn’t contain anything remotely like good news.

Old 05-29-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
You honestly think the "good news" is telling gay people to act straight and marry someone of the opposite sex (and never be able to live life as themselves) or be left out in the cold come judgment time? You think it is "good news" to want discriminatory policies in place to allow religious people to refuse service to gay people?

Finn, you have shared exactly ZERO things that most people would consider "good news".
Those are your words, not mine. Putting words in other people's mouth is very dishonest, and you seem to do that a lot. Besides, I have told you repeatedly I believe gays should have equal rights, so now you are just flat out misrepresenting my view.

The good news is that you have been invited to the wedding.

Are you coming?

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity