Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2019, 05:10 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Ah, the old Gay Agenda / universalist 'argument': "Although he will deny it, this is what he believes ________________(insert BS). Don't let him tell you otherwise."

Nothing new under the sun, just more of the same......

If someone specifically says the wedding is a parable, then what kind of person would immediately come back to claim otherwise? A very dishonest person, someone like pcamps.

And next he will say "well, you don't explain you view", which is another lie, because I specifically said wedding is a parable, as the Bible clearly spells out (post #7446).

The most dishonest (by far) people I have ever dealt with are those who believe in universal salvation, and those who push the gay agenda, and it seems they are often the same people.

Either they are simply dishonest due to their nature (the fruit of their spirit), or they deliberately lie about other peoples views in order to engage in a fight. Maybe its both, but it sure says a lot about them as people.

Not surprisingly these people have been kicked out of other Christian boards for this kind of behavior. Who needs it?
LOL, Even your own have abandoned you. I 100% certain know that those who have you sussed out(WHICH ARE MANY), (even those from your religious system), although we may not to see eye to eye on thngs considered God, know inspite of that the Spirit each of us are of, i know you are still dead in the sin of a person who in their mind is alienated from God. How far alienated, i would say from the Helsinki around the globe and back to Helsinki.

You only respond to me through posts to others and tend to do so when i have exposed you for what you are, part of the swamp of fundamentalism, which in Jesus style i'm here to drain.

Yes it's a parable, now explain the parable in your own words. Why is this so difficult to do , but having a go at me is so easy?. Put the thing to bed and explain your understanding of the parable, if it is different to what i believe you say it is, I WILL APOLOGIZE. I know you are active at the minute, so i want a quick response, which would be easy to do if you understood the parable, like you say you do.You are a fraud.

Gotquestions will not be an acceptable answer , neither will a video of Macarthur or Washer.

Jerwade, made you feel uncomfortable, so you reverted to ignoring the topic in hand and went after the him, the same with imiss90's and you have made the odd snide remark about me, but now i am exposing you for the fraud you are who denies everything, but will never address your beliefs clearly and conscisely, you finally respond. Why am i are your ignore list when you read my posts and respond to them in 2nd a 3rd person. Again you are a fraud. Again, why are you responding to someone on your ignore list?.

Last edited by pcamps; 06-01-2019 at 05:30 PM..

Old 06-01-2019, 06:11 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I do not read anything in that parable that says to me that it should be read to be an invitation to the christian message of salvation from eternal hell. It is also a general belief among bible believers, that this scenario is in heaven. Finn Jarber will deny this as he admits to nothing.

The religious hierachy of Jesus' day were invited to feast on God manifest in the flesh, they rejected it on the grounds that the God they were accustomed to was not the one Jesus was revealing. The crowds that came after receiving the invitation were the same crowds that Jesus looked upon with compassion because they were sheep without a shepherd( those the religious heirachy condemned to be sinners) . They were not at the feast because they had become christians. They were there because of the feast on offer(Learn of me). The invitation was come and feast(This is my beloved son, hear ye him). The crowds came in their multitudes to this man Christ Jesus to feast on. What was it that he had that drew crowds, that the religious hierarchy of that day never had, but caused the crowds to turn their backs upon?.

The way to him or back to him is learning of him how he related God, this means no longer eating what we have always been accustomed to eating (a letting go of all we have been taught is God). I find it fascinating too, that the teachings of Jesus and how he related God to us is called a feast. It wasn't come and have a bite to eat, it was come feast . The parable is about the feast and symbolically that is the true manner from heaven.

"Then I will give you shepherds after My own heart, who will feed you on knowledge and
understanding

"I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread also which I will give for the life of the world is My flesh.

"Why do you spend money for what is not bread, And your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, And delight yourself in abundance

The LORD of hosts will prepare a lavish banquet for all peoples on this mountain; A banquet of aged wine, choice pieces with marrow, And refined, aged wine.
Quote:
Although he will deny it, he thinks it's a literal wedding event(when it is a marriage feast) where the ones who have accepted the invitation( bible believing christians) will be in attendance. Well, all i can say is Jesus is in for a shock if this lot show up without the wedding attire on, because what they are clothed in his not the warm attire of love but the heavy coat of condemnation.
Quote:
Ah, the old Gay Agenda / universalist 'argument': "Although he will deny it, this is what he believes ________________(insert BS). Don't let him tell you otherwise."

Nothing new under the sun, just more of the same......

If someone specifically says the wedding is a parable, then what kind of person would immediately come back to claim otherwise? A very dishonest person, someone like pcamps.

And next he will say "well, you don't explain you view", which is another lie, because I specifically said wedding is a parable, as the Bible clearly spells out (post #7446).

The most dishonest (by far) people I have ever dealt with are those who believe in universal salvation, and those who push the gay agenda, and it seems they are often the same people.

Either they are simply dishonest due to their nature (the fruit of their spirit), or they deliberately lie about other peoples views in order to engage in a fight. Maybe its both, but it sure says a lot about them as people.

Not surprisingly these people have been kicked out of other Christian boards for this kind of behavior. Who needs it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
This is beautiful pcamps. Thanks for bringing life here.

Not arguing any of this by this statement, but just bringing these thoughts full circle. The adoring crowds weren't there when Barabbas was offered. They called for Barabbas to be freed and sent Jesus to be crucified. Who was this Barabbas? One of my favorite young preachers has a sermon on this, Barabbas is me. And you. And Finn too. All of us have fallen short. We were set free by his sacrifice.

There are still those who will reject the life that Christ has to bring. What is scary to me as a good bible belt raised southern evangelical, is that the closest parallel to the ones in Jesus' day were the ones that thought they had it all down. Could it be the same today? Those that think they have the way to God down and reject anyone that doesn't do it their way, are they actually the ones that won't make the feast? The older brother refused the feast... the one who claimed to have been doing it right.... while the prodigal's return was celebrated.

I certainly don't want to be the older brother and miss out because I did everything right by the book.
Quote:
LOL, Even your own have abandoned you. I 100% certain know that those who have you sussed out(WHICH ARE MANY), (even those from your religious system), although we may not to see eye to eye on thngs considered God, know inspite of that the Spirit each of us are of, i know you are still dead in the sin of a person who in their mind is alienated from God. How far alienated, i would say from the Helsinki around the globe and back to Helsinki.

You only respond to me through posts to others and tend to do so when i have exposed you for what you are, part of the swamp of fundamentalism, which in Jesus style i'm here to drain.

Yes it's a parable, now explain the parable in your own words. Why is this so difficult to do , but having a go at me is so easy?. Put the thing to bed and explain your understanding of the parable, if it is different to what i believe you say it is, I WILL APOLOGIZE. I know you are active at the minute, so i want a quick response, which would be easy to do if you understood the parable, like you say you do.You are a fraud.

Gotquestions will not be an acceptable answer , neither will a video of Macarthur or Washer.

Jerwade, made you feel uncomfortable, so you reverted to ignoring the topic in hand and went after the him, the same with imiss90's and you have made the odd snide remark about me, but now i am exposing you for the fraud you are who denies everything, but will never address your beliefs clearly and conscisely, you finally respond. Why am i are your ignore list when you read my posts and respond to them in 2nd a 3rd person. Again you are a fraud. Again, why are you responding to someone on your ignore list?.
The reason why fundamentalist LITERALISTS are against homosexuals is because they know that it is in the bible that God is against same sex relations, the issue is that they are literalists and they do not see that the scriptures are spiritual things and are to be read spiritually, and do not see their sin of worshipping the sun, moon, stars, men, wood, stone, which refer to all the signs in the bible which as individuals are not important to us, what is important is how we treat each other and being law abiding members of our respective societies

The same sex relations in the scriptures is not about individual people it is about what the Adam/eve type represents, which is about the kings and priests, Moses/Aaron Christ and the church

Old 06-01-2019, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
The reason why fundamentalist LITERALISTS are against homosexuals is because they know that it is in the bible that God is against same sex relations, the issue is that they are literalists and they do not see that the scriptures are spiritual things and are to be read spiritually, and do not see their sin of worshipping the sun, moon, stars, men, wood, stone, which refer to all the signs in the bible which as individuals are not important to us, what is important is how we treat each other and being law abiding members of our respective societies

The same sex relations in the scriptures is not about individual people it is about what the Adam/eve type represents, which is about the kings and priests, Moses/Aaron Christ and the church
Is this another rebuke from you Meerkat?

Old 06-01-2019, 11:44 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:
Is this another rebuke from you Meerkat?
Not a rebuke pcamps, all i am doing is commenting on the ideas in the quoted posts, I agree with your post and am for a non literal reading of the scriptures based on my personal opinions

What I see in the scriptures is this

Gal 5:13 For, brothers, you were called to freedom. Only do not use the freedom for an opening to the flesh. But through love serve one another.
Gal 5:14 For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Lev. 19:18
Gal 5:15 But if you bite and devour one another, be careful that you are not consumed by one another.

Old 06-02-2019, 08:11 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Not a rebuke pcamps, all i am doing is commenting on the ideas in the quoted posts, I agree with your post and am for a non literal reading of the scriptures based on my personal opinions

What I see in the scriptures is this

Gal 5:13 For, brothers, you were called to freedom. Only do not use the freedom for an opening to the flesh. But through love serve one another.
Gal 5:14 For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Lev. 19:18
Gal 5:15 But if you bite and devour one another, be careful that you are not consumed by one another.
The gay agenda is built upon a foundation of "bite, devour and lie", which is unfortunate. They could have chosen another approach to sell it, but they chose this one.

Old 06-02-2019, 08:28 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,732,547 times
Quote:
The gay agenda is built upon a foundation of "bite, devour and lie", which is unfortunate. They could have chosen another approach to sell it, but they chose this one.
It is sad and disgraceful to see people here claiming to be born again believers yet are promoting and encouraging this sin. I wanted to see what Andrew Wommack had to say on the topic and wow, his short video speaks the truth more than I have here. Leviticus 19:17 says we should not hate our neighbor, but if you don't rebuke their sin, you share in their guilt. If you stay idlely by and say nothing about their sin, that is not love, it's hate! Christians who say they just want to love homosexuals and encourage them are caring more about their own pride and ego. That's what I see here is this thread. Lots of grand standing. Look at me. Look how I am so much better than those awful bigoted hateful fundies!!! The gay agenda even wants us to believe that homosexuals are more important than any other group out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpV5e9Z4EJ0

Old 06-02-2019, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Explain the parable, if you can? If you don't want to that's fine. Unlike you, one does not have to second guess what Pcamps says, and he has a great deal more integrity than you could ever muster-up through your deceptions; and refusal to commit yourself to answering simple questions.
Thanks Jerwade. He believes he's going to a literal wedding. Why he's in denial about that is anyone's guess.

Old 06-02-2019, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
It is sad and disgraceful to see people here claiming to be born again believers yet are promoting and encouraging this sin. I wanted to see what Andrew Wommack had to say on the topic and wow, his short video speaks the truth more than I have here. Leviticus 19:17 says we should not hate our neighbor, but if you don't rebuke their sin, you share in their guilt. If you stay idlely by and say nothing about their sin, that is not love, it's hate! Christians who say they just want to love homosexuals and encourage them are caring more about their own pride and ego. That's what I see here is this thread. Lots of grand standing. Look at me. Look how I am so much better than those awful bigoted hateful fundies!!! The gay agenda even wants us to believe that homosexuals are more important than any other group out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpV5e9Z4EJ0
I like Wommack but disagree with him here. What i find more disturbing in this debate is the attitude of the likes of you and Finn Jarber towards homosexuals. For arguments sake, let's say it is sinful, you and Finn Jarber simply do not have the ability to reach homosexuals because of the spirit you are both of, you both would do more damage than any good. The bible in the hands of a bible fundamentalist is a dangerous weapon.

Old 06-02-2019, 08:42 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
That's a lie.

But, considering the source, unsurprising.

Old 06-02-2019, 08:44 AM

952 posts, read 323,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
If you want to set off most conservative Christians get on the topic of homosexuality or gay rights. The anger most of them have regarding this issue is unfathomable. Get on the topic and most conservative Christians will take on an anger and a zeal that you don't see when talking about any other issue except maybe abortion. Whenever LGBT-advocates have a political or cultural victory, Facebook fills up with right-wingers venting their anger and hatred towards these individuals. The same people come to the defense of people like Josh Duggar. Why is this? It seems to be getting a lot worse as many of the beliefs once confined to extremist groups like Westboro are now gaining traction among mainstream evangelicals.
Not sure if it is a lack of honesty or knowledge going on here , but in terms of per-capita numbers the most virulently anti-homosexual Christian group is actually very liberal in every other social respect .
They are the African American Christians .
Anybody with half a clue knows this .
No paltry amount of " Westboro " or " Josh Duggar " " right wingers " ( cue the white men ), who make California their home could have ever defeated a state wide referendum calling for gay marriage .
No way .
Yet Californians defeated gay marriage referendum not once , not twice , but three times !
HELLO!
Until the court stepped in and said enough with these bitter , hateful , homophobic , African Americans
Although they never actually said any such thing but took the deceptive dishonest , or maybe just ignorant tact of this thread , implying is was the vast contingent of old bitter white male Westboro members that make up the majority of California's population which defeated gay referendum 3 times . lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.