Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 06:10 AM

676 posts, read 936,908 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are moving to Citrus Co. FL end of April. How can I locate the "right" church for us. We, sadly to say have not been to church in years but I feel the need for us to go. How did you all find the one you are attending now ? We are Baptist's. Thank you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2016, 06:48 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajane2013 View Post
My husband and I are moving to Citrus Co. FL end of April. How can I locate the "right" church for us. We, sadly to say have not been to church in years but I feel the need for us to go. How did you all find the one you are attending now ? We are Baptist's. Thank you all.

After you move, call the churches you are interested in, and make an appointment to meet the leaders.

Interview them. You will have enough information to make a choice. Good luck with your move.

Old 03-12-2016, 07:17 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
non literal religious church that meets your family needs. Things like Kid sports or you get to choose where your money goes, unlike taxes where liberals decide my charity on their personal feelings. Or whatever.

Old 03-12-2016, 07:28 AM

676 posts, read 936,908 times
Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
After you move, call the churches you are interested in, and make an appointment to meet the leaders.

Interview them. You will have enough information to make a choice. Good luck with your move.

Old 03-12-2016, 09:33 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Google. That's how I found the one we attended before I joined the ministry. You say you're Baptist. If it's important, I'm sure your conference probably has a website listing churches in your area.

At that point I actually had a list of questions pertaining to doctrine and how the service was conducted and I simply emailed or called up the pastor. Some simply never responded, one sent an email saying "Are you serious?"

Of the few that I got a response from and that seemed good, I then visited on a Sunday morning. We visited a few before we found one we liked.

Old 03-12-2016, 06:47 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,928,264 times
Quote:
I looked up the different churches in my denomination using the church locater on the denomination's website. From the contact information for each church that was close to my house I either emailed or called the contact (usually the pastor) and asked him about the worship style since that is what is important to me. After that, all I could do was visit the churches to confirm that it was the right one for me (it took a few tries but I eventually found it). Best wishes in your search.

Old 03-13-2016, 02:28 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:

The reality of the matter----- 33,000 religions claiming to be Christian--Jesus started one single religion. Here is biblical wisdom applied.
Mark 3:24-26-- a house divided( 32,997 trinity based religions) will NOT stand--- that leaves 3 to choose 1 from--1Cor 1:10--unified in thought--no division. ( Unitarians, Mormons, JW,s)

I attended a Baptist church in my younger years--the minister said if I said 3 lines of prayer with him, I was born again( saved) yet the bible teaches this is how one is actually born again-Ephesians 4:22-24)
At that point, I was a drug dealer, drunkard, fornicator, thief( none of these are Gods will)---- So the minister was lying because he doesn't know Gods truth about being born again. Just an ear tickler for $$$$$$

Old 03-13-2016, 02:35 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,405,309 times
Quote:
OP I don't have any advice, but it is nice that you posted this. I did try this several years ago, I just visited various churches. You remind me that I need to start looking again. Maybe you can use a checklist. Visit each church, and mark of your expereiences on the list and take notes.

Things that are important to me would be did anyone greet me when I attended service, does the church have activities for members, and is there an adult religion class? If you have kids, you may also want to find out about Sunday school and other activities for children. One other criterion may be distance from your new home. If the church is far, you may also want to check to see if they have a shuttle.

Old 03-13-2016, 02:45 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
One more thought....Does the city that you're moving to have a city-specific forum on City-Data? Post on there and ask--tell them what you're used to, and someone might have a suggestion.

Old 03-14-2016, 06:43 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Google. That's how I found the one we attended before I joined the ministry. You say you're Baptist. If it's important, I'm sure your conference probably has a website listing churches in your area.

At that point I actually had a list of questions pertaining to doctrine and how the service was conducted and I simply emailed or called up the pastor. Some simply never responded, one sent an email saying "Are you serious?"

Of the few that I got a response from and that seemed good, I then visited on a Sunday morning. We visited a few before we found one we liked.
I love the 'Are you serious?' one.

Can I suggest a question for you, if you do 'interview the Pastor' (ROFL):

Do you believe in mutual submission between 'leaders' and 'led', in accordance with gifting and anointing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity