Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 12:50 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,346,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Maybe for some people, I will give you that.

But in my case it was something different.

I wasn't kidding when I say I have slapped 50 men, it's probably closer to 150. If I didn't believe in Christ or consequences to my actions after I die, you wouldn't want me in your town.

I fear no consequences from people I used to fight because nobody was crazy enough to call the law on me and I forced my will on people every where I went. It is extremely hard for me to give love instead of anger especially when somebody has a slap coming to them. It is extremely hard for me not to live as a king, and I am he who would be a king if I didn't believe in Christ.

If I didn't believe in a God, there would be no stopping me from anything I put my hand to.

But because I do believe in God, I try and sacrifice that pride and it is so hard that is, when you are me, cause I don't have to, I don't want to either, but it is actually amazing what happens when you have been abused and you turn to the one who abused you, and then you show him love. As much as I used to love being the arrogant John Wayne forcing my will on others, I do so love to see the face of a person after I have shown them love when they expected hate.

If I didn't believe in God, I wouldn't be sitting here talking on a computer, I would be out there taking what is mine, and EVERYTHING IS MINE.

Thank God that people like me believe in God.
Thank Zeus and Odin for people who believe in Zeus and Odin. At least until people stopped believing in Zeus and Odin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2016, 01:19 PM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Thank Zeus and Odin for people who believe in Zeus and Odin. At least until people stopped believing in Zeus and Odin.
I go see Harry Potter and there is a feeling of magic, of hope, of right and wrong, good and bad.

Dark verses the light, evil is conquered by the righteous.

Neo knows, and he can do more than bend a spoon, and I find so much spiritual hope and magic in so many good stories of the struggle in of good verses evil.

I can't even imagine what it would be like to see one of these movies like Neo in the Matrix, and you sit there with no hope at all that any of that stuff could really happen because you don't believe in an afterlife, and you don't believe there could be magic in the world where miracles could actually happen.

My Mom would just scoff at me for watching Harry Potter but I think it shows a lot of hope, and it could actually build faith of hope. I can't imagine what it would be like to be a kid and the parents wanted to be truthful with the kid and made sure that he knew they aint no Santa. You take everything that is magic in the world and say,'' There is no hope, why have faith?''

This I will never understand, EVER.

If there was a way to convince everyone that there is no afterlife, would you really and truly want to do that?

This worthless little life we have is so short and so hard at times, but if you took all the faith of hope away, what good would life be after that?

If you could convince the whole world that there was no God, the next day half the world would kill themselves, and the other half would set in to killing the rest.

I can't imagine going to see a movie with no faith, no hope, no magic even if it is a chic and a dude that were meant to be. I think we should be free to have hope that we have a soulmate or a special person designed just for us, and then somebody comes along and says,'' MEH, Aint nobody meant to be''

To take away the magic of the world would leave a hopeless, miserable world.

It seems such a sad thing to live a life knowing that there is no magic, no magic in finding that true mate, because there is no destiny right, there aint no magic but wouldn't you rather see people in a whirlwind of love and a wave of romance, knowing that they are true loves, soul mates who feel magic, faith, hope and love?

Where do those things go when you don't believe in God or an afterlife, I think you need to go rent the Matrix right now and believe.

LOL, it is based on the bible, and boy did I cry with happiness at the magic of the thing because I can literally have faith and hope in magical things, in miracles and in an evolution where man transcends what he is now, he evolves into a spiritual being one with the universe.

https://youtu.be/7WKqc-bxiHY

The strangest thing of all that occurs to me is an Atheist sitting with his two kids and wife down to eat a dinner.

Do they say blessings?

I always wondered about that, you got the whole family, maybe grandma, and you are the head of the table, do you ever give blessings for what you are about to eat?

I will be the guardian of the Galaxy, I just know it.

OOGoshagow

Old 04-30-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
I go see Harry Potter and there is a feeling of magic, of hope, of right and wrong, good and bad.

Neo knows, and he can do more than bend a spoon, and I find so much spiritual hope and magic in so many good stories of the struggle in of good verses evil.

I can't even imagine what it would be like to see one of these movies like Neo in the Matrix, and you sit there with no hope at all that any of that stuff could really happen because you don't believe in an afterlife, and you don't believe there could be magic in the world where miracles could actually happen.

My Mom would just scoff at me for watching Harry Potter but I think it shows a lot of hope, and it could actually build faith of hope. I can't imagine what it would be like to be a kid and the parents wanted to be truthful with the kid and made sure that he knew they aint no Santa. You take everything that is magic in the world and say,'' There is no hope, why have faith?''

If there was a way to convince everyone that there is no afterlife, would you really and truly want to do that?

This worthless little life we have is so short and so hard at times, but if you took all the faith of hope away, what good would life be after that?

If you could convince the whole world that there was no God, the next day half the world would kill themselves, and the other half would set in to killing the rest.

I can't imagine going to see a movie with no faith, no hope, no magic even if it is a chic and a dude that were meant to be. I think we should be free to have hope that we have a soulmate or a special person designed just for us, and then somebody comes along and says,'' MEH, Aint nobody meant to be''

It seems such a sad thing to live a life knowing that there is no magic, no magic in finding that true mate, because there is no destiny right, there aint no magic but wouldn't you rather see people in a whirlwind of love and a wave of romance, knowing that they are true loves, soul mates who feel magic, faith, hope and love?

Where do those things go when you don't believe in God or an afterlife, I think you need to go rent the Matrix right now and believe.

LOL, it is based on the bible, and boy did I cry with happiness at the magic of the thing because I can literally have faith and hope in magical things, in miracles and in an evolution where man transcends what he is now, he evolves into a spiritual being one with the universe.

The strangest thing of all that occurs to me is an Atheist sitting with his two kids and wife down to eat a dinner.

Do they say blessings?

I always wondered about that, you got the whole family, maybe grandma, and you are the head of the table, do you ever give blessings for what you are about to eat?

OOGoshagow
Since saying a blessing would be tantamount to talking to themselves, doing such a thing would never for a moment occur to them.

Old 04-30-2016, 02:08 PM

Quote:

Do they say blessings?

OOGoshagow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius
Where did things come from, if one does not believe in God and the afterlife? The answer appears to be that very particle in your body existed before the discreet individual that is YOU was conceived. Every particle that was the discreet individual YOU after you die will continue on. Nothing is ever really lost in a physical sense, only altered in form because matter is one of the forms that energy takes, and energy can neither be created or destroyed. The discreet individual YOU had an opportunity to experience sentient awareness for a cosmic moment. Like Dumbo's magic feather, make believe is not needed. Why not simply accept existence at face value and enjoy it? The galaxy has been doing just fine on it's own. It can take care of itself.

Last edited by Tired of the Nonsense; 04-30-2016 at 02:28 PM..

Old 04-30-2016, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Since saying a blessing would be tantamount to talking to themselves, doing such a thing would never for a moment occur to them.
Not even to the Earth?

I mean, aren't you thankful for your life to anything?

I don't mean to giggle, it's just so sad, so hopeless that I can't even imagine feeling like there was not a God. Besides that, it's also a very Naïve thing in my opinion because you don't take into account that there could be 4 billion Earths in our own galaxy and there could be humans a million years past our technology.

Isn't it a very arrogant notion to think there is no other life out there, and that there couldn't be other world who are a million years past our technology?

It's like the notion of this being the only habitable earth in the universe because if you throw out all notions of God, one of those notions is that an advanced people visited us and they did godlike things, and humans have advanced so much recently, that we can do God like things also. If we took our technology in a time machine back 3000 years, they would think we were gods. How do you know God isn't from a very advanced race of people?

After all, there is spaceships talked about in the bible, but you would rule out any higher power in the universe as if we are the highest advanced power?

Wouldn't that be Naïve?

I mean if we are to advance science and the scientist are saying that they know they will find alien life within ten years because they now know where to look, how far fetched is it to believe that there is life outside of this planet?

And if there is a chance that there is life on other planets, how then would you rule out there being a higher power in the universe unless you go backwards with science?

Do you wanna go backwards?

Besides all that, if you are correct and there is nothing else, then what you believe comes from an opinion that you have formed simply because the molecules in your brain just happened to form in such a way that lets you believe what you believe and for you to even have an opinion, you would have to rely on a belief in God to have one.

Old 04-30-2016, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Not even to the Earth?

I mean, aren't you thankful for your life to anything?

I don't mean to giggle, it's just so sad, so hopeless that I can't even imagine feeling like there was not a God. Besides that, it's also a very Naïve thing in my opinion because you don't take into account that there could be 4 billion Earths in our own galaxy and there could be humans a million years past our technology.

Isn't it a very arrogant notion to think there is no other life out there, and that there couldn't be other world who are a million years past our technology?

It's like the notion of this being the only habitable earth in the universe because if you throw out all notions of God, one of those notions is that an advanced people visited us and they did godlike things, and humans have advanced so much recently, that we can do God like things also. If we took our technology in a time machine back 3000 years, they would think we were gods. How do you know God isn't from a very advanced race of people?

After all, there is spaceships talked about in the bible, but you would rule out any higher power in the universe as if we are the highest advanced power?

Wouldn't that be Naïve?

I mean if we are to advance science and the scientist are saying that they know they will find alien life within ten years because they now know where to look, how far fetched is it to believe that there is life outside of this planet?

And if there is a chance that there is life on other planets, how then would you rule out there being a higher power in the universe unless you go backwards with science?

Do you wanna go backwards?

Besides all that, if you are correct and there is nothing else, then what you believe comes from an opinion that you have formed simply because the molecules in your brain just happened to form in such a way that lets you believe what you believe and for you to even have an opinion, you would have to rely on a belief in God to have one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius
I don't mean to giggle, it's just so sad, so hopeless that I can't even imagine feeling like there was not a God.
Hopelessness never conceived of is hopelessness never experienced. By which I mean that it never occurs to me or my wife and two kids (you nailed it) to feel hopeless, in the same way that it would never occur to us to give thanks to non existent entities. Nor the earth, which is not sentient and which could care less.

Last edited by Tired of the Nonsense; 04-30-2016 at 02:27 PM..

Old 04-30-2016, 02:26 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,844 times
Quote:
Maybe for some people, I will give you that.

But in my case it was something different.

I wasn't kidding when I say I have slapped 50 men, it's probably closer to 150. If I didn't believe in Christ or consequences to my actions after I die, you wouldn't want me in your town.

I fear no consequences from people I used to fight because nobody was crazy enough to call the law on me and I forced my will on people every where I went. It is extremely hard for me to give love instead of anger especially when somebody has a slap coming to them. It is extremely hard for me not to live as a king, and I am he who would be a king if I didn't believe in Christ.

If I didn't believe in a God, there would be no stopping me from anything I put my hand to.

But because I do believe in God, I try and sacrifice that pride and it is so hard that is, when you are me, cause I don't have to, I don't want to either, but it is actually amazing what happens when you have been abused and you turn to the one who abused you, and then you show him love. As much as I used to love being the arrogant John Wayne forcing my will on others, I do so love to see the face of a person after I have shown them love when they expected hate.

If I didn't believe in God, I wouldn't be sitting here talking on a computer, I would be out there taking what is mine, and EVERYTHING IS MINE.

Thank God that people like me believe in God.

Hannibal, I am sorry to hear about your abuse and while I don't agree on some to most things you have to say , you at least come across in an intelligent fashion without arrogance. I am glad you are a believer in God but we as Christians know that the Messiah has come, was crucified, laid in a tomb and then ascended to Heaven to be with His Father.

Old 04-30-2016, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Hannibal, I am sorry to hear about your abuse and while I don't agree on some to most things you have to say , you at least come across in an intelligent fashion without arrogance. I am glad you are a believer in God but we as Christians know that the Messiah has come, was crucified, laid in a tomb and then ascended to Heaven to be with His Father.
LOL, Thanks Perry, agreeing aint always what's important I suppose.

Just that people have passion one way or the other and love always has to be there, ESPECIALLY for the ones you never think deserve it.

I am always so shocked and surprised when I believe God has done something for me, I always figure he must have given up on me and then something will happen and it will be like a weight lifted cause I can't believe God still loves me lol.

The meanest rudest despicable people out there are probably mostly victims of some abuse and sometimes just a little love to those big scary ones will break them down, makes them feel like maybe god still cares I think. They can become like little children suddenly needing a hug.

Old 04-30-2016, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
There is a very large difference between knowing something is true, through observation and experience, and declaring that something something is true.

Old 04-30-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
There is a very large difference between knowing something is true, through observation and experience, and declaring that something something is true.
The bible is not without proof and it is can also be tested, you can actually test God. The proof in God is that there is a secret design behind all that history where 40 authors spoke of a temple designed in the design of a woman's anatomy, and those authors did not know the temple was designed in this design. It was one of the great mysteries that all those authors over a 1500 year period were all writing of a woman, everytime they were doing anything in the temple on any of it's given feast days, they were writing of a Temple being a woman and one day God would come and consummate a marriage with a true temple and we saw this consummation when the veil of the temple was rent in two. For thousands of years we have been practicing a betrothal and waiting on an appointed wedding day where the brides will enter the bridal chamber on a feast day and the marriage will be consummated on an appointed feast day and the wedding banquet has been practiced for thousands of years as the bride will circle the throne 7 times at the feast of Tabernacles.

All those authors writing about a temple being a woman who waited on a consummation when the temple would no longer be a virgin. The blood and water seen as a legal witness of that consummation, a seed planted in the earth and the earth becoming pregnant and giving birth to the first son of many sons to follow.

40 authors could not have written about this woman and her wedding day and her banquet without knowing that the temple was a woman.

They didn't know and yet this was the main subject of the bible, 40 authors talking about something they were not even aware of and none of them contradict each other concerning the betrothal, the marriage contract, the marriage, the consummation the honeymoon, the wedding banquet, the birth of a son, and the circumcision of that son.

All those authors writing about this and none of them were even aware that the temple was a virgin. That's not humanly possible and any scientific mind looking at in in the knowledge of what it is would agree, it is not possible for men to have written it.

You can also test God but most people aren't willing to do this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity