Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 12:13 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,027,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Read your own post:
So, you think I'm projecting my fear onto her, or worse still, being such a bad so and so, that she is fearful of me...? I can understand why you may say that, as an unbeliever. But I can honestly tell you, that I haven't pre-empted or suggested the things she has said to me. We are both aware of ourselves emotionally and spiritually, and listen to our spirits to sense if there is harmony of dissonance with fear or faith, which are opposite spiritual forces. ....it takes faith to take on the nasty side of the spiritual realm - you cannot do that out of a spirit of fear or an unsound mind.

I know I'm not perfect, but if I speak about freedom in the Holy Ghost, it's because I'm progressing further in that. If you want to label me an insecure, fearful, nut job, carry on, but you'd be wrong. . What the sentence in red you highlighted means, is that I invite the Holy Spirit when things are bad/awkward, and my wife senses fear to that - which would be the same 'fear' my son expresses. I know the difference between fear and faith, ...and now you're going to say me inviting the HS to come is bad for me/ us....?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2016, 12:33 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,092 times
Here is an article about sleep walking, but I couldn't find anything that paired sleep walking with generational curses. Is it true that it's dangerous to wake a sleepwalking child? | BabyCenter

Old 04-24-2016, 12:35 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,379,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
He is sleep walking. He doesn't respond to his name or questions. We pray with our children at night when/if they have nightmares - we invite Jesus to come by His Holy Spirit, and normally that sorts it. In the sleep walking episodes when we talk to him about praying, his response is as was in the other post. That makes me think it is not him that is responding, but a broken soul fragment from a previous ancestor.

I'm not trying to get my wife to break ties with her parents. There's been crazy controlling stuff going on since before we met. It wouldn't have mattered who she married, they'd have never been good enough, , but they'd have been more palatable if they'd have put up with mother in law's wicked tongue - I won't - ...and she's a Christian. We only see them infrequently, because her mouth is so poisonous, to honour them - it's not good for the grand children to be around that and the negativity rubs off on my wife. ...we went round just last week in fact. She's getting better, but probably only because it's been going on so long and we won't budge on her behaviour.

...sheesh, I seriously hope someone is going to stand with me before too long or I'll be leaving this place. Anyone stands up for the truth here, and all they get is a barage of unbelieving bullsh1t thrown at them.
Sleepwalking is quite normal in children. What you said in your first post was...

"he has waking dreams, where he is 'not himself' - he is confused and scared in them, and is downright afraid of us..."

Old 04-24-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Sleepwalking is quite normal in children. What you said in your first post was...

"he has waking dreams, where he is 'not himself' - he is confused and scared in them, and is downright afraid of us..."
...because we offer to ask Jesus to come and help, (...and 'that part of him' doesn't like Jesus.)

P.s. I've just gone and re-read my original post, and it's clear you're being highly selective with not only interpretation but your quoting me also! The bit you quite in bold above with the dot dot dot after it even has 'offering to pray for him' afterwards, yet your spin is that he is afraid of US. That is wrong, very wrong, and you are totally out of order twisting what I wrote and said.

Last edited by Age-enduring; 04-24-2016 at 01:08 PM..

Old 04-24-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
Here is an article about sleep walking, but I couldn't find anything that paired sleep walking with generational curses. Is it true that it's dangerous to wake a sleepwalking child? | BabyCenter
You may not find a link - everyone's walk with God is different and especially in this area. Many of the body of Christ are totally ignorant, especially of Ancestral Generational Dissociation, and therefore oblivious to where freedom can be brought forth in their lives.

Type, 'Bob Larson Irish Priest' into Google and watch the video.

Old 04-24-2016, 01:12 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,613,186 times
We didn't. We were pretty busy keeping them from putting Cherries up their nose, and using the VCR to hold their cookies, and half sandwiches without letting us know.

Old 04-24-2016, 01:33 PM

Quote:
You may not find a link - everyone's walk with God is different and especially in this area. Many of the body of Christ are totally ignorant, especially of Ancestral Generational Dissociation, and therefore oblivious to where freedom can be brought forth in their lives.

Type, 'Bob Larson Irish Priest' into Google and watch the video.
If someone awoke you from a deep sleep, would you not feel startled, confused and maybe even a little scared? In the future I hope you will consult a Pediatrician, and not a youtube video, should your children have any emotional or health issues.

Ancestral generational curses are nothing more than silly ancient superstitions, and your Bible is plagued with them. In this day and age, we have sound answers for things that used to be considered spiritual mysteries of the unknown. Please don't alienate family members because you believe in a generational curse, you are hurting your relationship with your wife, by blaming her side of the family, and you are also causing your son undue stress, for an issue he will outgrow in time.

Old 04-24-2016, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
If someone awoke you from a deep sleep, would you not feel startled, confused and maybe even a little scared? In the future I hope you will consult a Pediatrician, and not a youtube video, should your children have any emotional or health issues.

Ancestral generational curses are nothing more than silly ancient superstitions, and your Bible is plagued with them. In this day and age, we have sound answers for things that used to be considered spiritual mysteries of the unknown. Please don't alienate family members because you believe in a generational curse, you are hurting your relationship with your wife, by blaming her side of the family, and you are also causing your son undue stress, for an issue he will outgrow in time.
I didn't wake my son up. I told you he is both sleep walking and having waking dreams. Like Ciest, you're misreading and misrepresenting what I have written and said and are therefore lying, probably because of foolish darkened hearts more than anything else. You're also adding 2 and 2 together and getting any other number than 4 about my in laws. If you'd have even ascended to attributing their behaviour to a parenting ego state, you'd have been half way there.

But no, you don't know what you're talking about, and shouldn't even be in the Christianity section, ...unless you're going to repent of entertaining Anti-Christ in your hearts and mouths...?

Old 04-24-2016, 02:12 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,613,186 times
Quote:
Your description of your behaviour and your description of your son's behaviour. Your description of his behaviour sounds like he is dissociating. That's how some children respond to feeling completely stuck and powerless in a situation where they are extremely frightened and confused, because the person they are supposed to trust to help them feel safe and loved is the person who is scaring them and making them feel unsafe. It's not some "generational curse" or his 'wrongful fear' that is the problem. It's perfectly normal for a child to feel frightened by irrational and scary behaviour by adults, especially a parent. I wouldn't normally post this sort of comment on a forum, but your post was very descriptive and really raised some red flags for me for your child's wellbeing. I have no doubt you believe you are doing the best thing for your child and you believe you are a good parent and would in no way want to harm your child. I hope you can stop and reflect on what you might be doing that your child is so afraid of your behaviour and what you are telling him, that he is having 'waking dreams' where he is 'not himself'.
And you say your wife is having 'similar fear responses' to you too?

This bears repeating. RED flag.

Old 04-24-2016, 02:25 PM

Quote:
I didn't wake my son up. I told you he is both sleep walking and having waking dreams. Like Ciest, you're misreading and misrepresenting what I have written and said and are therefore lying, probably because of foolish darkened hearts more than anything else. You're also adding 2 and 2 together and getting any other number than 4 about my in laws. If you'd have even ascended to attributing their behaviour to a parenting ego state, you'd have been half way there.

But no, you don't know what you're talking about, and shouldn't even be in the Christianity section, ...unless you're going to repent of entertaining Anti-Christ in your hearts and mouths...?
I can guarantee you that most Christians don't believe in generational curses. You are the one who is confusing your kid, and scaring your wife, stop blaming the imaginary generational curses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity